Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

He says his limited vocabulary was partially at the producers' request.

"I would use big words, and they would say, 'You can't say that. You've got to use words everyone will understand,' " he says.
    Yeah, right. I think Randy got a clue from reading a bit online about himself and would like to rewrite history: "It wasn't me, honest, they told me to make myself sound dumber than a box of rocks. It was amazing, the way they kept telling me to say connection and amazing. I mean, like, it was amazing. Scout's honor!"
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Great article. Thanks, OntheBus! His parents sound very caring and down to earth. I didn't know he wanted to end up in Lancaster. (Does this explain Tessa's friend asking if he was a city person or country person?) If that is a Catholic church mentioned, Bevin would need an annulment of her prior marriage before she and Andy could marry in the Church. That takes a little $$ and an unpredictable amount of time. (This could be why there is no date set, if F1 is Bevin.)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheBus;2408879;

"Some of the cool cats in high school might have considered him a nerd — an athletic nerd — but that never bothered him," says Mrs. Baldwin, a teacher at Lancaster Country Day School. "He had a lot of friends."

Being that Andy's mom is a teacher at a private school and Tessa also attended another private school (Georgetown Day School), I'm sure there are a lot of similarities in values shared by Andy and Tessa. I know, firsthand, the emphasis placed on the non-academic aspects of a student's education from my DD who's enrolled in private school . Those core values are instilled to students by faculty who also share the same beliefs. I know from speaking to my DD's teachers that those who teach at private schools do so because they believe in the value of teaching students more than reading, writing, and arithmetic ... since there is certainly more money and security teaching in the public schools.

Just to clarify, annulments in the Catholic Church are not big bucks, in our diocese there is a $400 charge which barely covers the paperwork and time involved of examining the documents by the tribunal.

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2408978;
    Great article. Thanks, OntheBus! His parents sound very caring and down to earth. I didn't know he wanted to end up in Lancaster. (Does this explain Tessa's friend asking if he was a city person or country person?) If that is a Catholic church mentioned, Bevin would need an annulment of her prior marriage before she and Andy could marry in the Church. That takes a little $$ and an unpredictable amount of time. (This could be why there is no date set, if F1 is Bevin.)
    You only need an annulment if you are married in the catholic church. If she was married by a judge the catholic church did not recognize it as a marriage in the first place (says an old catholic girl who has had remarriages in her family)

I have been watching ABC all day (on the east coast here) and have been hoping for Fleiss to provide us with a spoiler to no avail. Maybe someone from ATFR will spoil us. I can't handle this anymore.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2409023;
    You only need an annulment if you are married in the catholic church. If she was married by a judge the catholic church did not recognize it as a marriage in the first place (says an old catholic girl who has had remarriages in her family)

My husband had been married before. He was non Catholic but his fist wife was Catholic. They were not married in a Catholic church. I had not been married.

We had to get his first marriage annulled in the Catholic church, oddly enough. (Diocese of Orange Cty, CA in 1980)

Not sure if she would need an annulment-if she married in a civil ceremony, the Catholic Church does not recognize that marriage, so need to annul anything. Does anyone know what kind of ceremony Bevin was married in?

Back when we thought about an annulment for my dh (married young/briefly like Bevin), it was around $1,000 or so. Maybe that varies by diocese. Dh had a Protestant marriage, which we chose to not have annulled. I joked that the Catholic Church is equal opportunity, in that it will annul any marriage. But seriously, a Protestant marriage is a valid marriage in the eyes of the C. Church and has to be annulled. In the Catholic Church, dh and I are considered to have an "invalid marriage." I don't see Andy (the way he is presented) as wanting children from a marriage that his Church sees as invalid. But that's pure speculation, and I also just like Tessa anyway.