Page 12 of 288 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2198422;
    Are ethicities such as French, Italian, German, Skandanavian, Australian, English considered "minorities"? Or is it only those whose features are markedly different from caucasian Americans count?

The Bachelor has had many contestants of different ethnic origin. I don't think anyone has particularly dwelled on them, except the fact that other than Mary, none have progressed to the "finals."

I don't know how you accomplish that mix, unless a Bachelor particularly wants it or if, like Survivor, it sets the stage for the initial rounds of the show. I find this very interesting, wonder how to accomplish it, and difficult to discuss being honest and PC at the same time
    No, those you mentioned would not be "minorities" in America as they are all Anglo deriatives......"minorities" in SA, China, India, etc, but not here.

Minority in America would include all those NOT of Anglo descent....so that would be applicable to anyone Hispanic, Afro-American, Oriental, etc.....

I don't think its difficult to discuss and be politcally correct at all....

Its not an issue for me that we haven't had a minority Bachelor or Bachelorette......I just thought it would be nice for a change!

After all, we're supposed to be the great "melting pot"......so lets stir the pot and let some of the other flavors rise to the top (meaning the Bachelor/Bachelorette position).......

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2197652;
    , Yeah, we're never going to get a "Flavor of Love" type show on the ABC network, but it would be interesting, Kresge, to see the Bachelor or Bachelorette be of a different ethnic group. Actually, a Hispanic guy or gal would be a stronger possibility since the fasting growing minority in the US are Hispanics. I'd be game for any possibility, as long as they're serious about finding love "Bachelor style"!! (that's actually an oxymoron statement, isn't it? )
    Great idea!......Lord knows there would be plenty of material here in Florida...lol

My grandchildren are a lovely mix of French, German, Cherokee, Ojibwe, Afro-American, Puerto Rican, Guatamlan, etc.....I'm used to seeing all the colors of the rainbow where I live, so I guess I sometimes notice things that other may not.....

I don't really CARE if we have a minority Bachelor, I just thought it would be nice to switch things up a bit............afterall, we all need love!

Things are starting to get interesting again.......I like his looks but Like his smile better when its not lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl;2202206;
    Things are starting to get interesting again.......I like his looks but Like his smile better when its not lopsided.
    Whats going on thats interesting??? Something happen I haven't heard about?

We need info on the new girls and the show......reading stuff on the Andy seems redundant to me....Of course, it may be because I just can't seem to get into him.
    Last edited by Kresge; 01-11-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Aren't they taping the new show now? Does anyone know anything about it, or have heard anything about it? When does it start showing on tv, in March? I am ready, LOL, for a whole new show, I can hardly wait!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2202969;
    Aren't they taping the new show now? Does anyone know anything about it, or have heard anything about it? When does it start showing on tv, in March? I am ready, LOL, for a whole new show, I can hardly wait!
    Yes, I believe it starts again in March, so, yes, I would THINK taping is already occuring....

I want to know when we can get some info on the GIRLS......that is where the real story......surely someone out there has access to the list of females??????

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2203018;
    Yes, I believe it starts again in March, so, yes, I would THINK taping is already occuring....

I want to know when we can get some info on the GIRLS......that is where the real story......surely someone out there has access to the list of females??????
    I think last time it was 7-10 days prior to the first show that we finally got to see the contestant pictures and minimal biographies. There may be someone who knows that a friend applied and may post somewhere before then.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2202969;
    realitytv, according to an article I saw posted online talking about the reality shows for this new year, it stated that ABC was bring back DWTS and the Bachelor on March. Blondiegal and I have done the math on the usual schedule for filming and show times and think it could possibly start filming the last week of January. It usually takes six weeks which would put it ending the 2nd week of March. If the shows premiere started the last Monday in March, the 26th, that would give them a couple weeks to edit, same as last season. It would end some time in the middle of May probably which is a Sweeps month. That's my best guess!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2203204;
    realitytv, according to an article I saw posted online talking about the reality shows for this new year, it stated that ABC was bring back DWTS and the Bachelor on March. Blondiegal and I have done the math on the usual schedule for filming and show times and think it could possibly start filming the last week of January. It usually takes six weeks which would put it ending the 2nd week of March. If the shows premiere started the last Monday in March, the 26th, that would give them a couple weeks to edit, same as last season. It would end some time in the middle of May probably which is a Sweeps month. That's my best guess!
    Thanks! That sounds just about right. Can't wait.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

A friend of mine just did an audition somewhere local in Central Kentucky last weekend. They did 3 or 4 days of auditions where you just went in and did a 2 minute tape, she said. Looks like they're still on the hunt for Bachelorettes. She had to do that for the last Bachelor, but last time it was the second step (after being nominated with photographs), this time it was the first step.

I look forward to seeing an air date for this show so I can put it in my planner (to go along with Lost's air date, of course).