Page 11 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

FORT Newbie
    If he could do all of his training through med school, i'm sure he'll have no trouble finding time to spend with the final girl. He seems to balance things quite well... afterall, he's had a relationship (over now, to clarify again, don't want anyone reading into that, haha) while training/Navy/job.

and no, I do not live in Hawaii so I won't be able to give a local scoop. I'm sure there will be plenty of locals who will get on the boards though.

Quote Originally Posted by jump12;2193735;
    If he could do all of his training through med school, i'm sure he'll have no trouble finding time to spend with the final girl. He seems to balance things quite well... afterall, he's had a relationship (over now, to clarify again, don't want anyone reading into that, haha) while training/Navy/job.
    That seems reasonable. Thank you for your answer!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Jump12, what type of lady do you see Andy falling for ~ personality and physical traits?

Thank you again for taking time to answer our questions.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Trueword;2159699;
    I hope they have more diversity among the contestants this next season. It bothers me that often whenever there are minority contestants they never seem to make it very far in the show.
    Personally, I would LOVE to see a minority Bachelor or Bachelorette for a change!

I think they have had a good number of minority contestants on the show. Ultimately though, it is the Bachelor/ette who makes the decision about the fate of each contestant. So even if they are cast ...

And I am not sure that the race of the participants affects the outcome of the show - as far as finding "true love." (I realize that was not your point.)
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2197008;
    I think they have had a good number of minority contestants on the show. Ultimately though, it is the Bachelor/ette who makes the decision about the fate of each contestant. So even if they are cast ...

And I am not sure that the race of the participants affects the outcome of the show - as far as finding "true love." (I realize that was not your point.)

Which is exactly why I would like to see the Bachelor or Bachelorette a minority for a change, instead of the token contestant. Life experience has taught me that those of ethnicities, other than anglo, seem more open to inter-cultural relationships, thus I think we'd get a wide range of people if the Bachelor or the Bachelorette was a minority....

You could be right. I think it is certainly possible - I am not sure that Fleiss has the vision - they have not shown they do much thinking "outside the box" When they try, it gets really surreal.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2197502;
    You could be right. I think it is certainly possible - I am not sure that Fleiss has the vision - they have not shown they do much thinking "outside the box" When they try, it gets really surreal.
    , Yeah, we're never going to get a "Flavor of Love" type show on the ABC network, but it would be interesting, Kresge, to see the Bachelor or Bachelorette be of a different ethnic group. Actually, a Hispanic guy or gal would be a stronger possibility since the fasting growing minority in the US are Hispanics. I'd be game for any possibility, as long as they're serious about finding love "Bachelor style"!! (that's actually an oxymoron statement, isn't it? )
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2196520;
    Personally, I would LOVE to see a minority Bachelor or Bachelorette for a change!
    Diversity period would be interesting! I have to say I was extremely skeptical at the start of the last Survivor but it worked for me!
    Last edited by Peaches'n cream; 01-07-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Are ethicities such as French, Italian, German, Skandanavian, Australian, English considered "minorities"? Or is it only those whose features are markedly different from caucasian Americans count?

The Bachelor has had many contestants of different ethnic origin. I don't think anyone has particularly dwelled on them, except the fact that other than Mary, none have progressed to the "finals."

I don't know how you accomplish that mix, unless a Bachelor particularly wants it or if, like Survivor, it sets the stage for the initial rounds of the show. I find this very interesting, wonder how to accomplish it, and difficult to discuss being honest and PC at the same time
    Last edited by jelle; 01-08-2007 at 12:08 AM.