Page 101 of 288 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2876

Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

  1. #1001
    FORT Fogey sueb1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    goffy doesn't have to mean witty. And thats the girls that said that. But my point was that what he generally looks for it really doesn't mean that his fiance has any of those qualities.

  2. #1002
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2386706;
    goffy doesn't have to mean witty. And thats the girls that said that. But my point was that what he generally looks for it really doesn't mean that his fiance has any of those qualities.
    Saying that someone is goofy and that they are always laughing together equals witty in my book.

    And yes, in his Jimmy Kimmel interview he confirmed that he likes brunettes and southern women but I would agree that that interview answer wouldn't translate into what his fiance was like. But he's given many other interviews where he does state what his fiance is like... short of giving her hair color.

    Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv
    Sorry, but I do not think i was putting Tessa down by saying she was playing hard to get. The editing, well imo, is showing her doing just that. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but in this viewers eyes, that is what I see. It isn't meant to be putting her down. Really, it isn't.

    Some people say that the editing is showing Tessa being hesitant about Andy's feelings, but they say it's just the editing and that Tessa is really in love with him. So I was just stating what some people have said.
    realitytv.... the phrase "playing hard to get" implies intention... that Tessa's playing a deliberate ruse or act. That's why others took your comment as negative. "Playing hard to get" doesn't equate to "being hesitant" in normal vernacular.

  3. #1003
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,789

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    A few relevant items from his laundry list that we've seen and heard on TV.

    Tessa has a goofball sense of humor
    Andy is a big kid
    Bevin's familiy are "my kind of people"
    Bevin and Andy share laughter
    Tessa is sophisticated and intellectual
    Bevin is a nerd
    Andy is a nerd
    Danielle has a loving family
    Danielle and Andy share laughs
    Danielle is a sweetheart

    Each of the final three have at least one of the qualities Andy said he was looking for in his mate. Does that mean he actually found them on his way to being totally in love? Does anyone?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  4. #1004
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    580

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2386669;
    This is what I do not get. How is Tessa challenging Andy if she isn't really playing hard to get and it's all the editing that is making it seem that way?

    Any of the girls can challenge him!


    That article describes them all, imo.
    You know what I read a great article and it described Tessa. And what it said is Tessa isn't playing "hard to get" she's being hard to get...In the sense of having the confidence to know what she's worth, and so not feeling the need to throw herself at a guy.

  5. #1005
    FORT Fogey sueb1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2386709;
    realitytv.... the phrase "playing hard to get" implies intention... that Tessa's playing a deliberate ruse or act. That's why others took your comment as negative. "Playing hard to get" doesn't equate to "being hesitant" in normal vernacular.
    Oh you mean like how Bevin's tears and kissing style and actions are impled to be aggressive, manipulative, whinney, impulsive, and some of the other nice things that were said about her. Interesting. I think her saying Tessa possibly playing hard to get is much nicer than a lot of things said and implied about Bevin. I am not trying to be rude but thats how I feel.

  6. #1006
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2386762;
    Oh you mean like how Bevin's tears and kissing style and actions are impled to be aggressive, manipulative, whinney, impulsive, and some of the other nice things that were said about her. Interesting. I think her saying Tessa possibly playing hard to get is much nicer than a lot of things said and implied about Bevin. I am not trying to be rude but thats how I feel.
    And you certainly have a right to feel that way. That's your prerogative. Everyone has different opinions and everyone has the right to be negative about any of the women on this show if that's how they perceive them to be.

    My comment to i<3realitytv was because she couldn't understand why people thought that she was putting Tessa down by saying "playing hard to get." Because it wasn't her intent and she didn't understand... I explained.

  7. #1007
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2386720;
    A few relevant items from his laundry list that we've seen and heard on TV.

    Tessa has a goofball sense of humor
    Andy is a big kid
    Bevin's familiy are "my kind of people"
    Bevin and Andy share laughter
    Tessa is sophisticated and intellectual
    Bevin is a nerd
    Andy is a nerd
    Danielle has a loving family
    Danielle and Andy share laughs
    Danielle is a sweetheart

    Each of the final three have at least one of the qualities Andy said he was looking for in his mate. Does that mean he actually found them on his way to being totally in love? Does anyone?
    Agreed! it could relate to any of the three as they are all wonderful, sweet, witty, beautiful, and lovely women! Andy couldn't lose either way!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  8. #1008
    is mostly lurking... Secret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2386762;
    Oh you mean like how Bevin's tears and kissing style and actions are impled to be aggressive, manipulative, whinney, impulsive, and some of the other nice things that were said about her. Interesting. I think her saying Tessa possibly playing hard to get is much nicer than a lot of things said and implied about Bevin. I am not trying to be rude but thats how I feel.
    You're completely entitled to feel frustrated by how people are viewing Bevin. Yes, many will say "they're editing what she gave them", but I've said more than once that ABC has been unnecessarily brutal in their portrayal of Bevin this season.

    One Bevin showed up the first episode. She was clear spoken, came across as intelligent and confident, caught Andy's attention, etc. Then, for some reason that still puzzles me, the editors have gone out of their way (until this week) to choose just about every negative thing they could to make Bevin look bad - including the negative traits/descriptions you listed.

    Of course plenty of people are going to see her just the way the editors have set things out - and they're going to discuss her in those terms on the message board - whether that's fair or not, is up for debate.

    All I was trying to say is that regardless of how people have been discussing Bevin, and I've tried VERY hard to qualify my descriptions of her as what I see on TV - describing Tessa's actions in that way is negative, too. You may genuinely see her behavior as "playing hard to get" instead of "being unsure of the process", and that's fine, I just wanted to comment on the way it sounds from where I'm sitting.

    I know things are going to get more tense before the season ends, but I would like if we could all be civil (even friendly) to one another, regardless of who we have as our favorite.

  9. #1009
    FORT Fogey Snapit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2386786;
    I know things are going to get more tense before the season ends, but I would like if we could all be civil (even friendly) to one another, regardless of who we have as our favorite.
    Thanks for that last paragraph Secret. The emotions are sure running high at the Fort this week.

    Running for cover
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

  10. #1010
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    102

    Tessa on E!

    According to a very short segment on E! today, Tessa is the winner. She apparently leaked out the information that he picks her, asks her to marry him, she says no, but they're still together.

    Hard to believe that she wouldn't get slapped with a big lawsuit over that.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.