Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

FORT Fanatic

Re: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

Have been watching this show since Episode 1 of Season 1. The whole premise just hooked me from the getgo but I didn't find this board till Meredith's season. I'm such a techno illiterate that I didn't realise there were chat boards to talk about favourite shows and was so thrilled to find a forum of people as wound up as I was about the love story unfolding on the screen.

As much of a fan as I am, I've never really been into sleuthing. I read what other people are saying and throw in a comment or two but just seldom get so exorcised about anyone 'winning' that I get into checking the minutae of screencaps. I go more with the gut feeling, and watching for clues on the show, as much as Fleiss tries to hide some things. Guess I'm more of an editing sleuth than a screencap sleuth. That said, my gut has served me well in most seasons.

And this season, my gut is telling me Tessa. The only thing I find surprising is that so many people aren't seeing the same things I'm seeing. To me, it's just completely obvious.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by underdogfan;2366317;
    What has Brightcrpytic said? Is this person around still? I think she is female, but I am not sure. When I used to be on here, with a different username, she was dead on everytime. She was great.
    I am still around - just a little bit quieter this season as RL has invaded in a huge way and yes, I'm a female .

I'm leaning towards Bevin, and have been since the first show - unless the FRC caps put Tessa as the F1.

I've followed the sleuthing since Aaron's season, and followed the FORT all that time - but didn't decide to get my feet wet here until Travis' season. I did post on the alphabet board a few seasons, I don't remember the handles I've used other than Navy_momw2kids now though.

Following the clues, haven't missed one - but there were times that I had hoped the clues would be wrong (when I had thought just maybe we were really getting the love story). Fleiss has never given us the straight up story - he's always got a monkey wrench, with varying degrees of "bad/questionable".
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

I think Tessa wins because of the Love story we're seeing with her and Andy. TPTB are painting Andy in a favorable light. Therefore, I think they'll do the same with his future wife. Bevin is getting a whiny, annoying edit. Why would TPTB show all her whining if they want to promote the show for future seasons? They could've left it all on the editing room floor. Yet, we have to listen to it over and over again. I know someone who doesn't watch the show who knows of Bevin's whining. That wouldn't be good for Andy's future wife.

Been a member since Jan 2005 and have followed every season starting with Andrew Firestone but skipped Bob. I don't post very often - I feel the veterans aren't very tolerant of the infrequent posters, sometimes almost indignant that the newbies don't adhere to their point of view.
    Rooting for Tessa - there is something there I haven't seen between the Bachelor and a woman in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2366455;
    Who are you really going to believe, these experienced sleuthers or me? My qualifications are non-existent and I say Tessa wins. I think I'm right.
    LOL...you are so cute

But, I'm going with Bevin
    Last edited by Pebbles&BamBam; 05-03-2007 at 11:15 PM.

I have been a member here since 2004 and before that I posted on another board starting with the Aaron Buerge season (Bach#2). I got into some more than others. Here is my track record however I guess you can't really prove it so does it really matter?
    • Aaron - Helene (I was so convinced that she'd win that's why I came out of lurkdom)
    • Andrew Firestone - undecided-I wasn't really into this one
    • Trista - Charlie based on the boards but I liked Ryan
    • Bob Guiney - undecided but I liked the loser better than the one he chose
    • Meredith - I knew it had to be Ian - my favs!
    • Jesse Palmer - Tara based on sleuthing only - didn't like anybody on this show
    • Charlie O'Connell - Krisley and I was way off - I didn't like anybody on that show -not even Charlie - so it was kind of hard for me to gage.
    • Byron - Mary - as soon as the spoiler got out that 2 girls from other shows were going to be on I speculated that Mary was perfect for him. Never doubted it once she was on.
    • Travis - Sarah based on sleuthing and who I thought he'd pick even though I never thought he cared for either one
    • Lorenzo - Jen just based on sleuthing
    • Jennifer Scheft - I didn't think either one was right for her and I guess I was right. I couldn't decide who she'd pick.

I find that the more I like the people or the more I get into the show, the more likely I can see the connection. Or maybe if I see the connection, the more I get into the show? I'm definitely getting invested in this one!

Edited to add that I forgot to say I'm seeing a connection with Bevin and not Tessa. However I do have reservations based on the divorce disclosure. I think it will be much clearer after this week.
    Last edited by Krispy; 05-03-2007 at 11:24 PM.

Hey! I just joined today. Long-time lurker but I felt I could chime in here. I've never posted before because I felt like I don't have the skills to do all the crazy screencap analysis - lightening pictures, drawing lines, zooming in, all that good stuff. I leave that for the experts. Anyway...

1. Been watching since season 2. Skipped a few in the middle, just came back this past season after Studio 60 got shelved. I needed something else to watch Monday nights.

2. I've been proven wrong, but not because of sleuthing. Before I found the FORT, I was definitely swayed by the editing. I was absolutely astonished when Ryan won in Trista's season. Since I've been around the FORT, I've been pretty confident about the winner.

3. I'm leaning toward Tessa, but none of us have any conclusive evidence. I think the evidence absolutely points to Bevin and Tessa being F2, but nothing beyond that. I'm waiting for the screencaps to say for certain. I'm thinking Tessa because of the edit. Bevin's edit seems too unlikeable for her to be the "winner" with such a charmer like Andy. But it looks like I'll have to wait a few more weeks to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2366455;
    Who are you really going to believe, these experienced sleuthers or me? My qualifications are non-existent and I say Tessa wins. I think I'm right.
    Hey MsFroggy - you aren't inexperienced!
    Last edited by Krispy; 05-03-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: edited to add "but you are funny!"

I have been a long time lurker, joined during the Andrew season but haven't really posted too much. I am in awe of the veteran sleuthers!
    didn't watch the first one
    Aaron - Helene (no boards of any kind on that one)
    Andrew - Jen (hated Kristen, so just didn't pick her)
    Trista - Ryan (looked like my baby brother, loved his personality)
    Bob - Hoped it wasn't Kelly Jo because I didn't like Bob
    Meredith - didn't watch (never liked her during Bob's season saw no reason to watch)
    Jesse - swarmy but thought he would go with Jessica
    Charlie - Sara B (although I liked Krisley)
    Bryon - Mary - too obvious and Tanya just wasn't the "right" kind of gal for his personality
    Travis - Sara from the beginning. Just liked her, reminded me of a friend
    PLo - I so wanted Sadie but didn't think she would be the one. Too cute for him
    and finally Andy - Bevin - just too much from the first drool over the legs to discount even with the negative (which I don't really see) editing.

FORT Regular

Let me start by saying thanks again to all those that have posted. I love hearing when you got into this show and who you think will win. This is very unscientific but I wrote down approximate year everyone started watching/sleuthing and who they think will win. Could have mixed up a few but anyway here it is:

2002 Tessa 7 Bevin 3 Dani 1
    2003 Tessa 2 Bevin 3 Dani 0
    2004 Tessa 3 Bevin 5 Dani 1
    2005 Tessa 1 Bevin 1 Dani 0
    2006 Tessa 0 Bevin 1 Dani 0

There were some I couldn't really classify by year:
    Tessa 6 Bevin 1 Dani 0