Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

FORT Regular

Re: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

Thanks to all of you that have responded to my questions I think my second question is worded wrong. I know that sleuthers on this site have always gotten the Final 1 right what I'm really wondering is how early on those same sleuthers knew who the Final 1 was going to be. I can't remember from one season to the next what people think. Did you ever have the "one" picked out during the home dates and then the final 2 pictures are released and after carefull screen cap analysis (hair parts, flipped pictures, candles, shadows, ties, etc) you have to change your mind? I hope that makes sense.

confused

Right now I feel everyone is still picking the F1 based on what we are seeing on the tv before I think it was based on the screencaps. IMO there is no screencap evidence at this point that would prove who "wins". There probably will never be any FRC screencaps since one girl is blonde and one is brunette but who knows??

FORT Fogey

I'm relatively new and rarely post but I've never been wrong with exception of last season. However, in my head I knew it was Jen but I refused to listen to that and held out for Sadie until the bitter end. I don't really consider it being wrong, since I don't think Lorenzo knew who he wanted and basically flipped a coin!
    I'm not good at screencap analysis, I just don't have the patience. I'm more into analyzing looks, body language and reactions so I usually don't really decide until later in the show.
    This season I'm torn. I love Tessa, and after last episode would bet it's her, but I just finished reviewing all the Bevin scenes from the season thus far and definitely still see a case for her. On reviewing the episodes she didn't really come off as negative as I felt the first time around and I can see how her storyline could still support a F1 edit. So I guess I'm still not committing with my head but my heart's with Tessa!

Quote Originally Posted by Smile;2365465;
    Thanks to all of you that have responded to my questions I think my second question is worded wrong. I know that sleuthers on this site have always gotten the Final 1 right what I'm really wondering is how early on those same sleuthers knew who the Final 1 was going to be. I can't remember from one season to the next what people think. Did you ever have the "one" picked out during the home dates and then the final 2 pictures are released and after carefull screen cap analysis (hair parts, flipped pictures, candles, shadows, ties, etc) you have to change your mind? I hope that makes sense.
    Yes, I've been wrong - but not when it gets to F2 time. For example, I continue to think that Travis is a chicken, he should have picked Moana and I honestly thought he would - but what with the flipped pictures, I knew enough to throw in the towel and accept that Sarah was his pick. I may not like who they select, but the screencap analysis never lies, and I accept that.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I usually watch the first few episodes without even coming online, or looking at screencaps.

I've picked the winners myself, then after I'm convinced who I feel will be the F1, I come to put in a few of my opinions.......usually only to come online to see that I'm in the minority. Or, when I've talked with neighbors, I feel like I have to defend my pick.
    But, like I've said before I've been in the minority with Ian, Jerry, Ryan, etc and came out on top.

Hang in there Bevin
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

Being a sappy romantic, I have always been content to lurk in the background since the 2nd season of Bachelor and never logged in until this season. I have always been thankful to the Fort for setting me straight and convincing me that I was wrong most seasons. I do admit that I did not want to give up on Sadie with PLo but I should have known he really wasn't in the wanting a wife game all along. This season is most interesting to me because except for being in the Navy Handy Andy is a clone of my son-in-law (who is better looking) and I know the problems that all his commitments can cause a relationship. I am anxious to have some real sleuthing reasons for Tessa being my choice because I could just as easily see Andy with Bevin and being from horse racing country I see Danielle as the dark horse of the season and would not count her out either. These next couple of weeks should get real interesting - I am afraid if we see FRC screencaps they will be only in dark fuzzy images since the F2's are probably too easily distinguished. I think it will be a delight if after we know the winner we get to hear how she really felt while watching this drama play out. I have tried to imagine the prospectives of the final 4 to what we have seen so far and I think none of them would really be happy with how ABC has protrayed and edited them. Still, until proven wrong I think the love story is Tessa's.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Smile;2365414;
    1. How many seasons you have been posting
    2. In the previous seasons have you ever been convinced who the winner is (based on sleuthing) and when the final rose ceremony screen caps are released you were proven wrong?
    3. Who do you think Andy will propose to?
    1. My first year to post here even though they are limited.
    2. I don't recall when I started coming to the message boards but I have always been right with the final one based on watching and "a feeling"...even though many I didn't agree with them <ugh> But I like to come to the boards to see what everyone is saying/thinking/sleuthing. quite amazing what you pro's find
    I have watched every season

3. BEVIN !!! I refuse to change my mind ( Even though last week was hot with T, I am holding out for Bevin til the bitter end
    Last edited by OnTheBus; 05-03-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added

I remember following during Andy Firestone's season, although I probably lurked during Trista's. I picked Ryan for Trista, Jen for Andrew F., Mary for Byron, Jen for Jesse but didnt care, Sarah for Travis just because of the screencap analysis. Because of the Fort I knew it would be Jen in Lorenzo's season too. Once the Fort has FRC screencaps, the winner is a done deal. That's why there won't be any this season I think. Too many differences that we can pick up on between the F2. [BTW, I figured it would be Jerry for Jen, but I really could not believe the retake done during that season and what a jerk Jen was]

Tessa
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fanatic

With the latest post here, I am believing more and more that it is Bevin. When you think about it, they are showing her confessing about her divorce, etc., and stuff like this too. Suppose it is Bevin. I really want Tessa. Man! I just feel bad for her because we know she is in the final 2, and she asked to be let go if he did not feel anything strong for her and she was the final one. This would be so mean to me. I am still holding out for Tessa, but something with people who have never been wrong and they are wanting Bevin or think it is Bevin. Gosh! She asked him. She begged him, and he convinced her to stay. She will be torn apart in the end. We have proof that she indeed makes it to the final 2.

I have been more wrong than right and I believe it is Tessa (see the fear).

I've only been posting on this board since last season,Nov, I believe. But I have been playing the sleuthing game since day 1. I have been wrong twice-I picked Charlie over Ryan and Sadie over Jen. So not done too badly overall.
    This year's pick: Tessa and Bevin final 2 with Bevin as F1.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.