Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

Re: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2373771;
    But Mary came out of hiding pretty strongly - no? I wouldnt characterize her as hidden during Byron's season. In fact , I sort of stopped watching once it was clear she was going to win because I wasnt thrilled with Byron. He just didnt wow me.
    But she was hidden none-the-less, the same amount of time the other "hidden" F1's are hidden. She also had the negative edit following her from Bob's show ~ wanting to get married to have children NOW (per typical Fleiss edit).

I do love a good debate ~ bouncing around of ideas with a fellow Fort sleuther. Thank you, pajamasam. Reminds me of the good ole days.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 05-07-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Why not get rid of her at the F4 IF he is in love with an other,
    I truly do not understand why he keeps Danielle instead of Amber. It's the one he does that makes least sense to me. Maybe after watching tonight I'll understand it. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the producers pressured him into it. Maybe they really are considering her for a Future installment on Bachelorette and they wanted he r to stick around for as long as possible to increase viewer recognition of her and to make her even more sympathetic.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-07-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2373771;
    I wasnt thrilled with Byron. He just didnt wow me.
    I thought I was the only one. I am not a Meredith fan (just can't get over the fact that she ditched her grandmother's funeral to be with Blob), but she took a lot of heat for misleading Matt. In the meantime, Byron toasted Tanya and her family with, "Here's to Christmases in Texas", knowing that he was going to choose Mary and I don't think he was called on it. What a jerk!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2373832;
    I truly do not understand why he keeps Danielle instead of Amber. It's the one he does that makes least sense to me. Maybe after watching tonight I'll understand it. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the producers pressured him into it. Maybe they really are considering her for a Future installment on Bachelorette and they wanted he r to stick around for as long as possible to increase viewer recognition of her and to make her even more sympathetic.
    Oh Fleiss and company like Danielle alright because she is getting the BEST edit of all of them!!
    Last edited by CoolCruiser; 05-07-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2373833;
    I thought I was the only one. I am not a Meredith fan (just can't get over the fact that she ditched her grandmother's funeral to be with Blob), but she took a lot of heat for misleading Matt. In the meantime, Byron toasted Tanya and her family with, "Here's to Christmases in Texas", knowing that he was going to choose Mary and I don't think he was called on it. What a jerk!

Do you guys all remember that the Byron season was the one where they had TWO bachelors and the girls chose which one they wanted to go on!!!!
    That's probably why none of them really appealed to Byron because they weren't tailor picked just for him... the 25 were picked to suit TWO guys!
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

FORT Newbie

I have watched every season, some closer than others. I was positive Meredith would pick Ian, and Charlie would pick Sarah B., and Byron would pick Mary. I was almost certain Trista would pick Ryan. I can't remember the others and it doesn't matter because the only couples who made it through the entire series are listed above.

This one has me stumped. I KNOW it isn't Bevin. I am certain of it. So, that leaves Tessa and Danielle. I agree with someone else's post regarding WHY is Danielle in the 4 remaining (and in the three remaining after tonight) when we haven't seen Andy spend ANY time with her much at all? I think it is because she could very well be the chosen one. They seem to talk about things they shouldn't be talking about and they are rather affectionate with each other, considering how little screen time Danielle has received. At the last rose ceremony, he rattled off a ton of adjectives to describe her -- honest, classy, committed, I can't remember all of them, and HOW would he know all of those things based on the few minutes she receives every week?

I'm holding off until I see the hometown dates and the fantasy dates -- by then, I'll know for sure, but I would not be surprised if it's Danielle and I'm certainly okay with that. Heck, he can marry any of them for all I care. I like them all.

I say Danielle

So let me get this straight Blondie - you cant think Bevin was hidden (because she was a focus of his attention during the first episodes). But Mary was , in fact, hidden and she won. And the winner is always hidden? Or is it that Bevin was hidden by virtue of bad edit early on and we will begin to see the redemption tonite? In this way she will come out of hiding?
    I cannot compare Mary's "negative" edit to the edit Bevin is receiving. Mary was the typical flawed edit (wants kids NOW) which is similar to the Ian (wont commit quickly enough ) and the Tessa (wont commit quickly enough) edits. Bevin has been thrown under a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2373847;
    So let me get this straight Blondie - you cant think Bevin was hidden (because she was a focus of his attention during the first episodes). But Mary was , in fact, hidden and she won. And the winner is always hidden? Or is it that Bevin was hidden by virtue of bad edit early on and we will begin to see the redemption tonite? In this way she will come out of hiding?
    I cannot compare Mary's "negative" edit to the edit Bevin is receiving. Mary was the typical flawed edit (wants kids NOW) which is similar to the Ian (wont commit quickly enough ) and the Tessa (wont commit quickly enough) edits. Bevin has been thrown under a bus.
    My hypothesis on the F1 is typically an "or" ~ hidden or negative edit.

No, Bevin was not hidden at all in this show. I believe that she fits hypothesis #2 ~ negative edit.

Mary was hidden in that she was physically not on the first couple of episodes, so she fits hypothesis #1, not #2 during Byron's show. I have read people posting on the board that they did not think that Mary would be F1 due to her editing from her previous show, so in effect Fleiss got a 2 for 1 with her.

Ok - Tessa is neither hidden, nor negative therefore she cant win. But can you see how I could see Tessa's edit as so incredibly similar to Ian's? Not really negative but flawed.? Reluctant groom and now reluctant bride?

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2373909;
    Ok - Tessa is neither hidden, nor negative therefore she cant win. But can you see how I could see Tessa's edit as so incredibly similar to Ian's? Not really negative but flawed.? Reluctant groom and now reluctant bride?
    But what is missing from that comparison is the extreme and constant passion that was between Meredith and Ian. Tessa was not even sure if she should be involved with this process up until last week's show.

Are we in the right thread? Maybe we are just taking this thread to a new level.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 05-07-2007 at 03:57 PM.