Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

Re: How long have you been a sleuther and who do you think is going to win?

Quote Originally Posted by HiFromMichele;2371301;

Sarah Smiley: Which position in the Spouse Club do you picture her taking up first: President, Hospitality, Social Coordinator, or simply Willing Participant?

Andy: Answering this will give away who I picked. You'll just have to wait and see....

Tessa is a Social Worker....looks to me like she may be the one..in the exhange interview above he stats if he answers the question above it will give away the girl....of the choices the interview put out there, hopitality, president, social cooridnator...etc....the only girl tht would fit these choices would be Tessa.
    Sorry, I know this doesn't belong to this thread but I don't know how to quote and answer on a different thread (so maybe someone who knows can move it to the correct one).
    As for the positions that Sarah Smiley suggests, I'd say Bevin would be the President, Tessa the Social Coordinator (although I think all three girls could be in that position) and Danielle the willing participant... so I don't think Andy saying that answering the question would give away who he picked gives away anything (ok, now I hope everybody understands the last sentence )
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Time for this sleuther to change his f1 pick.

After watching the Chris Harrison video I was reminded very strongly that i am watching a soap opera more than a love story.

I went against my mentors and got burned. Oh, well. I now pick Bevin and will stay with that unless the FRC caps prove me wrong. I'm not in her fan club by any means but I have seen the light.

FORT Newbie

I too am new to the FORT this year but was lurking last season, which is the only reason I picked Jen for the F1 (I thought for sure Sadie was going to be the one from very early on) With that said, by going with only gut instinct before last season I was wrong only once and that was with Jesse's season. (and i'm going with an earlier poster who said that season didn't count)

My pick is Bevin

I've never been a heavy-duty sleuther--mostly picking by gut, except when agreeing with irrefutable evidence (like Jen's nailbeds last season) that the pro sleuthers provided us with.

The seasons I have followed or cared about:

Lorenzo:
    The nailbeds were my proof that Jen was the one. Because the nailbed pictures also showed a ring going on the finger, it was a no brainer it was Jen, and I liked Jen a lot too. She was my favorite too, but I knew becasue of the nailbeds.

Trista:
    I "knew" (i.e., gut, no evidence) that she was picking Charlie and was shocked when she picked Ryan (But was happy for them, liked him a lot, etc. I just could have sworn it was Charlie from the edits.)

Andrew F:
    Rooting for Jen--had no idea who was going to be the f1. Hid my eyes behind my hands during the FRC as the first limo pulled up and made someone tell me who it was. Once I was assured that it was, indeed, Kirsten in the first limo, I uncovered my eyes and watched with glee and SWWNBN was proposed to.

Charlie:
    Had a gut feeling it was Sarah B. when they were on the boat and he told her he was dying to kiss her. Still nervous during F3 ceremony because of the making out in the ocean at night with Sarah W during their f3 date. When he sent Sarah W. home, I "knew" (i.e., gut, no evidence)it going to be Sarah B and to this day have no idea why they did the whole date in the real world stuff (because I didn't believe for a second Charlie was ever torn between Sara B and Krisily).

Byron
    Was a big Jayne fan and "knew" (i.e., gut, no evidence) that she was the winner until she started getting a bad edit.

And, I didn't see chemistry with Tanya, so I got confused and had no idea what was going to happen.

For most of the show, I couldn't get past my feeling of "How in the WORLD could Mary EVER have actually felt she had falllen so hard for BLOB??????? I just didn't buy that she had fallen for Blob, and that made me not trust her interactions with Byron. I'm very happy that all turned out well with them though.

Andrew B.
    Have watched this season carefully and looked for clues etc.

Felt from his interactions with Danielle on the first night (that whole psychic thing that I knew the producers stuck in there for a reason) that she could be the one (i.e., gut, no evidence) and I should watch them until I saw evidence that she wasn't the one or she went home.

I watched a second time that first night and saw how often they were seen standing together or he would be looking at her as he walked up to a group of women, that Catherine had a PI saying she was worried she wouldn't get a rose and she had been sitting between them in their three-way conversation (told me she was seeing even more between them).

The Catherine behavior + the psychic talk (particularly Andy's reaction) + seeing how often he was near her or looking at her made me feel it might be Dani from that first night.

I've been waiting ever since to be given a reason to doubt it's Dani, but have only been given reasons reinforcing my feeling it's going to be Dani:

*ear kiss (told me it is a romantic attraction, not just friendship)

*entertwined fingers when holding hands, plays with her ring while holding hands (reinforcing the romantic attraction)

* his conversations with her often are about family and he has said that is the most important thing, that he wants a woman who puts family first
    -----melding of two strong families talk at racetrack
    -----asking how many kids she wants

* the fact that we haven't seen her much--early on I thought that, because we know for the first time ever that there is a proposal, that the winner would have to be hidden one way or another for most of the show but that toward the end we would see the love story. Because dani has NOT been shown on screen much, this only reinforces my feeling she's the f1.

In other words, none of the editing has led me away from my original feeling Dani is the final woman and there is no irrefutable evidence of any of them being the final one (Like Jen's nailbed evidence).
    Last edited by marlap; 05-07-2007 at 06:43 AM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CruiseLady;2370525;
    From what I see, without any concrete screencaps (although I usually go with a good eye and my gut!), I believe Tessa will take it.

Do we have a tally thus far on who the sleuthers believe will win this time?
    Sorry I've had a sick child since Friday. If I get a chance today I'll add the new post (since last tally) and post it.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2373274;
    * the fact that we haven't seen her much--early on I thought that, because we know for the first time ever that there is a proposal, that the winner would have to be hidden one way or another for most of the show but that toward the end we would see the love story. Because dani has NOT been shown on screen much, this only reinforces my feeling she's the f1.

You've got me thinking on this post (I'm still in the hammock). If Andy had said early on how he didn't know how they were going to hide his obvious attraction - the only way is to not show anything. But that isn't going to make me very happy because then why did I invest all this time into the show to miss out on all of it! Why not show the love story to us????

that the winner would have to be hidden one way or another for most of the show
    If Andy had said early on how he didn't know how they were going to hide his obvious attraction - the only way is to not show anything.
    Look - what makes you think the winner has to be hidden? Because Fleiss has done that in the past? He didnt with Byron and Mary. Why cant he do that again? Or change it up totally? He certainly seems to be showing me a fantastic love story while managing to confuse lots of smart people who dont see what I see. Those editors and producers are magicians and you know it's killing me to admit it. Just killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2373540;
    Look - what makes you think the winner has to be hidden? Because Fleiss has done that in the past? He didnt with Byron and Mary. Why cant he do that again? Or change it up totally? He certainly seems to be showing me a fantastic love story while managing to confuse lots of smart people who dont see what I see. Those editors and producers are magicians and you know it's killing me to admit it. Just killing me.
    Mary was hidden in the fact that she was not there the first couple of shows. Goes back to my hypothesis that the F1 is either 1) hidden, or 2) given a negative edit.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

But Mary came out of hiding pretty strongly - no? I wouldnt characterize her as hidden during Byron's season. In fact , I sort of stopped watching once it was clear she was going to win because I wasnt thrilled with Byron. He just didnt wow me.

FORT Fogey

Quote from Marlap
    B]Andrew B.[/B]
    Have watched this season carefully and looked for clues etc.

Felt from his interactions with Danielle on the first night (that whole psychic thing that I knew the producers stuck in there for a reason) that she could be the one (i.e., gut, no evidence) and I should watch them until I saw evidence that she wasn't the one or she went home.

I watched a second time that first night and saw how often they were seen standing together or he would be looking at her as he walked up to a group of women, that Catherine had a PI saying she was worried she wouldn't get a rose and she had been sitting between them in their three-way conversation (told me she was seeing even more between them).

The Catherine behavior + the psychic talk (particularly Andy's reaction) + seeing how often he was near her or looking at her made me feel it might be Dani from that first night.

I've been waiting ever since to be given a reason to doubt it's Dani, but have only been given reasons reinforcing my feeling it's going to be Dani:

*ear kiss (told me it is a romantic attraction, not just friendship)

*entertwined fingers when holding hands, plays with her ring while holding hands (reinforcing the romantic attraction)

* his conversations with her often are about family and he has said that is the most important thing, that he wants a woman who puts family first
    -----melding of two strong families talk at racetrack
    -----asking how many kids she wants

In other words, none of the editing has led me away from my original feeling Dani is the final woman and there is no irrefutable evidence of any of them being the final one (Like Jen's nailbed evidence

I agree, there are many questions about the Dani edit.

There is so much out there about Dani but it is not "in your face" or obvious.
    For example, on the triathalon date, I am sure that Dani is wearing his jacket as they are chatting together at the table.
    The cozy and comfortableness of their interaction together signifies that a relationship HAS developed but we haven't been given the tape to see HOW it happened. All the proof is probably lying on the editing floor fro some Fleissian reason.

I posted my comments about this on the Dani fan thread yesterday which has been removed for some reason.
    Dani has received the BEST edit of all of the girls. And she keeps getting picked regardless of the fact that supposedly "there is not much between them."
    I cannot remember her being portrayed in any negative light at all. She's always being shown as sweet, cheerful, serious about and invested in this experience. She has not been shown as telling goofy jokes, catty, insecure, gossipy, whiney, self-absorbed, etc. which has been shown about the other finalists.

And while we are seeing the interaction between Tessa and Andy as well as with Bevin and Andy, I am thinking that their progression is so obvious but WHY is the "unobvious" one also going so far????

Especially when Andy knows that she has been hurt in the past... why would he drag her along and set her up for an other painful rejection/loss when he knows he is supposedly in love "with an other"?

If he is so in love with Tessa or Bevin at this stage, why would he take Dani past the hometown dates when her family makes it quite clear that they don't want her to get hurt again?

Why not get rid of her at the F4 IF he is in love with an other, especially since he has already admitted that he knows she is the most "invested into him"?

And HOW does he know that she is the "most invested into him" IF... they have never spent time together???
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.