Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

From Jewelsy:

I thought it would be cool to have a place where friends/acquaintances of the show participants could shed some light on what the girls and Andy are really like - not the 'character' Fleiss wants us to see.
    I'm moving sevreal posts from the Media thread to this new thread.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2352197;
    That's really interesting. Two things: 1. Someone, sorry can't remember who, said that there's a Bahaii boarding school which could have been the boarding school which Bevin attended. 2. Starting a Bahaii dance troupe may not necessarily the type of charitable work that would most impress Andy.

This is NOT to say that Bevin is not a great person, I'm sure she is.
    Charitable work is charitable work! Is it not impressive taht she was helping schools with issues of racism, equality of sexes and drug abuse? Come on now...IMO, ALL CHARITABLE WORK IS IMPRESSIVE!

Maybe you'll find this more impressive:
    1. she is a certified domestic violence councelor who has put in many hours answering hotlines, talking with the police and helping people through terrible situations
    2. She has volunteered at a children's hospital being a "baby buddy" spending time with babies in need of attention and also was an information ambassador.
    3. She volunteered in local elemantary schools as a reading tutor working with the children on reading skills.

I know she grew up in the Bahai faith but she is not a Bahai now and hasn't been for many years.

And yes, before you all ask...i do know her!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 04-26-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by She-ra;2352653;
    Good points! May we ask how you know her?

Thank you, She-ra, for your post. It is good to hear the real information regarding one of the bachelorettes.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

confused

I will confirm it. She-ra does know Bevin. She-ra that is very impressive that Bevin has done all of those things. I can't say I have done anything similar!!

Welcome She-ra and thanks.

We know that the person we see on the show is not the real person, so we love it when someone who really does know one of the women comes forward to clarify things. Thanks and please stick around and correct the misconceptions!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Welcome She-ra! we are glad you are here. It's nice to learn about the bachelorettes other than just from what Fleiss wants us to know.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Charitable work is charitable work! Is it not impressive taht she was helping schools with issues of racism, equality of sexes and drug abuse? Come on now...IMO, ALL CHARITABLE WORK IS IMPRESSIVE!

Maybe you'll find this more impressive:
    1. she is a certified domestic violence councelor who has put in many hours answering hotlines, talking with the police and helping people through terrible situations
    2. She has volunteered at a children's hospital being a "baby buddy" spending time with babies in need of attention and also was an information ambassador.
    3. She volunteered in local elemantary schools as a reading tutor working with the children on reading skills.

I know she grew up in the Bahai faith but she is not a Bahai now and hasn't been for many years.

Welcome She-ra
    It's always great to get real life information to fill in the "characters" that we're fed on tv.

Wow...I'm very impressed with all of the charitable work Bevin has done.. There is so much in these shows that we don't ever get to see or know about these contestants like this. She sounds like a wonderful person.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

I'll echo all the kind sentiments, She-ra!! We're so glad you joined in and it's very nice to hear more of the 'real' Bevin, not just this highly manipulated character they have created for her!!! Hang in there I'm quite confindent you'll enjoy the ending. Please stick around and share what you can about Bevin so we can really get to know more about her!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Yay! She-ra!
    Thanks for a reality check! we could use more of that.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast