Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

FORT Fogey

Re: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Quote Originally Posted by soulever;2362291;
    Tessa is a social worker in San Francisco. That's all I know. I don't know any specifics about her job sorry. She used to also be a bartender in Jackson Washington called the Silver Dollar.

I think she can adapt really well to Hawaii. Who wouldnt?! Seeing that she has lived in different places (Tahoe, Washington DC, San Francisco) I think she'd be fine in Hawaii
    Plus, somebody said that she got her masters at Columbia, so I guess we can add NYC to the list, plus Vermont, where she went to college. ... It seems as if she can probably adapt to anywhere and likes adapting to different places.

What I wonder, though, is whether she'll want to adapt to being told where to go by her husband's bosses for pretty much the rest of her life. And, if he really goes for astronaut training, whether she'll happily adapt to having the orders be "remain stateside, probably in Houston" for years and years at a time.

I think Andy's future life may be a little confining for her, unless he loves her enough to change his plans to a life that's a little more footloose and wife-directed or she loves him enough to put her own ideas about where and how to live completely on hold, in deference to his Navy and potentially NASA orders.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2363037;
    Plus, somebody said that she got her masters at Columbia, so I guess we can add NYC to the list, plus Vermont, where she went to college. ... It seems as if she can probably adapt to anywhere and likes adapting to different places.

What I wonder, though, is whether she'll want to adapt to being told where to go by her husband's bosses for pretty much the rest of her life. And, if he really goes for astronaut training, whether she'll happily adapt to having the orders be "remain stateside, probably in Houston" for years and years at a time.

I think Andy's future life may be a little confining for her, unless he loves her enough to change his plans to a life that's a little more footloose and wife-directed or she loves him enough to put her own ideas about where and how to live completely on hold, in deference to his Navy and potentially NASA orders.
    This would be true of whomever Andy picked.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2363052;
    This would be true of whomever Andy picked.
    Definitely.

But the intensity of it is and whether it's ultimately navigable for the woman will depend a lot on her own personality and expectations, right?

And from the little I know about the women in this group, there's just something about Tessa that suggests to me that she may ultimately be less willing to make the huge tradeoff that's required.

For one thing, she seems to be very much a person who's made the experimental choice to go a lot of different places that *she's* chosen to go. And I wonder whether that's a type of person who is likely to give up her own ability to choose entirely, when it comes right down to it.

That said, my guess is that Tessa and Andy are going to develop very strong feelings for each other and that he'll choose her. I like them both and I like the looks of them together. I just have my doubts about whether it'll last all the way to marriage, though, unless Andy decides to alter his life course significantly.
    Last edited by natashapierre; 05-02-2007 at 03:35 PM.

And from the little I know about the women in this group, there's just something about Tessa that suggests to me that she may ultimately be less willing to make the huge tradeoff that's required.
    Well it may be that she has led more of a charmed life than Bevin. But she does appear to be less needy and to be a very calm person. Which can help. In addition, no matter who he chooses, Andy is in a different situation than many others in the Services. He is a doctor. If she cant stand the pressure and sacrifice they can eventually get out to civilian life in a number of years. A very nice civilian life I should think.

Andy has to realize that whoever he chooses is going to have ambitions in life and goals that they want to acheive too. This isn't the stone age where women were subservient to their husbands. Once Andy is married he is going to realize that he is going to have to make sacrifices and compromises too.

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2363128;
    Andy has to realize that whoever he chooses is going to have ambitions in life and goals that they want to acheive too. This isn't the stone age where women were subservient to their husbands. Once Andy is married he is going to realize that he is going to have to make sacrifices and compromises too.
    Andy is a High Acheiver. Any woman he marries is going to have to adapt to his life path and follow his lead. A woman who has strong ambitions of her own would simply have to marry a different kind of man.

Tessa is a social worker, not a corporate attorney (Andy got rid of all of those types the first night, you may have noticed) so I think she would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2363098;
    Definitely.

But the intensity of it is and whether it's ultimately navigable for the woman will depend a lot on her own personality and expectations, right?

For one thing, she seems to be very much a person who's made the experimental choice to go a lot of different places that *she's* chosen to go. And I wonder whether that's a type of person who is likely to give up her own ability to choose entirely, when it comes right down to it.

That said, my guess is that Tessa and Andy are going to develop very strong feelings for each other and that he'll choose her. I like them both and I like the looks of them together. I just have my doubts about whether it'll last all the way to marriage, though, unless Andy decides to alter his life course significantly.
    didn't andy say in a TV interview for a small news station that he would only be in the military for 4 more years? I think Tessa can handle 4 more years IMO.

FORT Regular

Well, I don't know Bevin. But I just got off the phone with my son's girlfriend...and she knows Bevin's brother and has met Bevin. (The family isn't talking about the show at all).

She says that Bevin is a wonderful girl, who is extremely talented. The entire family is very gifted, and very nice. The girlfriend has been watching the show with friends who also know the family, and it's been hard for them to see Bevin edited in such a negative way.

So, once again, we all have to remember that the TVBevin is not the real Bevin. I did notice in the last episode that her conversation with Amber was shown in such a negative light....and truthfully, I thought it was a pretty typical conversation that two girls in that situation might have. I took Bevin's comments as musing, and not being critical of Amber. In fact, I noted that many times later in the episode Bevin and Amber seemed to be quite friendly, so there were clearly no hard feelings. Also, I think Bevin has a fun sense of humor and I think she often says things in jest that are then aired as if she is serious.

I do think she fell head over heels crazy for Andy, and I feel very sorry for her because I think her heart was broken.

Thank you for that information, Diane R. It cannot be easy to be the one that the producers want to pick on, so to speak. Hang in there because some of us seasoned sleuthers think that she have a very good chance of being the final one.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2363119;
    Well it may be that she has led more of a charmed life than Bevin. But she does appear to be less needy and to be a very calm person. Which can help. In addition, no matter who he chooses, Andy is in a different situation than many others in the Services. He is a doctor. If she cant stand the pressure and sacrifice they can eventually get out to civilian life in a number of years. A very nice civilian life I should think.

Yeah, that's true.

I may be taking too seriously his saying to Bevin that he wants to go for astronaut, which I think he'd probably have a good shot at, given his background as sub physician and all the rest of it.

My Tessa-wouldn't-fit scenario was meant to relate to Andy-becomes-astronaut future, in which case she'd most likely be marrying someone whose boss would order her to spend the next 20 years in Houston or some such. That doesn't seem very Tessa-like to me. If he gets out of the military or just remains a Navy doc, then that would be different -- much more room for Tessa to be Tessa in those scenarios, I would guess.