Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2354288;
    Basically, because I don't want to seem a kiss and tell all: :nono That she is seeing a dr. for her ankle as it did give her some problems and she was misdiagnosed when it was injured. Being that HDDA is so athletic she was opposed to letting her injury slow her down and so she tried to go ahead and do things as she normally would.
    She also said she was glad for the support as many were seeing her as b*tchy and whiney. I did write her back explaining that we were aware of how Fleiss does his magic with the edits and I didn't see her as anything than a positive light.
    Kasha - If Bevin was F1, do you think she would publically say her ankle was misdiagnosed as we know the good doctor, her possible fiance could look bad, because he was the one misdiagnosing??

I hope her ankle heals properly and with all the commotion and activities of the Bachelor during filming, I can easliy see Bevin not wanting to fuss over it much and put off more treatment until filiming was complete.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2354391;
    Kasha - If Bevin was F1, do you think she would publically say her ankle was misdiagnosed as we know the good doctor, her possible fiance could look bad, because he was the one misdiagnosing??

I hope her ankle heals properly and with all the commotion and activities of the Bachelor during filming, I can easliy see Bevin not wanting to fuss over it much and put off more treatment until filiming was complete.
    I don't know who is F1 but I'm going to cut Andy some slack here. He was guessing...diagnosis takes x-rays, and all he had to go on was what she was telling him about having broken her ankle before and how much pain she was in.

I really doubt that Andy gave the official diagnosis on her ankle. I'm sure it was done by a doctor at the hospital after her exam there. Andy's "diagnosis" was just for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartangirl;2354427;
    I really doubt that Andy gave the official diagnosis on her ankle. I'm sure it was done by a doctor at the hospital after her exam there. Andy's "diagnosis" was just for the show.
    Andy has not had any residency training that would qualify him to make the diagnosis, also I would assume that x-rays etc. were later done on her ankle as part of the diagnostic procedure. Andy "diagnosing" was purely part of his "saviour to all mankind" image that the SHOW is trying to project. Having said that sharing this information with a member of the PUBLIC, who she knows not at all, would be strange behavior if she were the winner. Bottom line: imo, it's meaningless in terms of the ending

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2354391;

Being a health professional myself: to answer your above question: This would not make him look bad unless he was an xray machine. He said he thought it looked broken and it was really broken. So it makes no one look bad. If anything it showed how concerned he was that he responded so well and attentively.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by She-ra;2352653;
    Charitable work is charitable work! Is it not impressive taht she was helping schools with issues of racism, equality of sexes and drug abuse? Come on now...IMO, ALL CHARITABLE WORK IS IMPRESSIVE!

Maybe you'll find this more impressive:
    1. she is a certified domestic violence councelor who has put in many hours answering hotlines, talking with the police and helping people through terrible situations
    2. She has volunteered at a children's hospital being a "baby buddy" spending time with babies in need of attention and also was an information ambassador.
    3. She volunteered in local elemantary schools as a reading tutor working with the children on reading skills.

I know she grew up in the Bahai faith but she is not a Bahai now and hasn't been for many years.

And yes, before you all ask...i do know her!
    Often domestic violence (and rape) counselors do so because of personal experience. I pray Bevin wasn't drawn to domestic violence counseling out of personal experience (her divorce?) She, like all of the remaining 6 women is beautiful and uniquely accomplished and I pray for only the best for all of them!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 04-28-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;2354776;
    Often domestic violence (and rape) counselors do so because of personal experience. I pray Bevin wasn't drawn to domestic violence counseling out of personal experience (her divorce?) She, like all of the remaining 6 women is beautiful and uniquely accomplished and I pray for only the best for all of them!
    I agree and share you hope. I think that the F6 are all great girls. It's a shame that some of them are going to get trashed, but such is the show. Why can'tFleiss just give us the straight love story as it unfolds w/o making people look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;2354776;
    No, she thankfully has never had a personal experience with domestic violence. It definately had nothing to do with her marriage ending...let me clear up a bit of the mystery.

She met her ex at boarding school. They married very young, she was only 19. They just grew apart because they had not found who they were as individuals. Finally they decided that they just felt like the love in the marriage was more of a friendship type of love than a husband and wife type of love. It was mutual and ended on good terms but they don't keep in touch anymore.

Also, so it's clear (i saw posting on other boards)...she has no children!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Thank you She-ra.

Quote Originally Posted by She-ra;2354908;
    Also, so it's clear (i saw posting on other boards)...she has no children!
    Thank you for clearing that up. But I wasn't about to believe that one. I remember Kara from Charlie's season. Fleiss wouldn't be able to resist hyping it if Bevin did have a child. Kara only made it three episodes, and Fleiss had to play that up. As we're sure Bevin goes much further, we'd have heard of it by now, over and over.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?