Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

FORT Fanatic

Re: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

I read an article somewhere (and it related to The Bachelor show) by some professional person who said that it's not actually possible to be 'in love' with two people at the same time, or at least it's not possible to be in the same type of love with two people. The brain circuits have been mapped for various emotions and various types of love. Someone can certainly have physical feelings for any number of different people as there are many many circuits that are triggered for physical reactions. You don't even need the actual person there to have those circuits activated as just looking at a picture can cause people to become aroused and attracted. Smells and touch can get you going too, but the circuits that are involved in 'true love for one specific person' emotions have been researched and only one part of the brain is involved in that.

Now, who knows if Andy has reached the level of true love with any of these women that doctors have identified. Short of sitting him down with electrodes attached to his skull and hooked up to various machines and tracing his brainwaves as he interacts with each of them, we'll never know. But this particular doctor, based on her research experience, did think that Andy was experiencing lust emotions with Bevin and love emotions with Tessa. Hell, just as viewers we can see that Andy is experiencing lust with Bevin! Has he found true love? Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2389724;
    Hell, just as viewers we can see that Andy is experiencing lust with Bevin! Has he found true love? Stay tuned!
    But how can we....just as viewers, say that Andy is feeling only lust in his heart for Bevin??? I think that would be very difficult to say how or what someone is feeling... Just going on what we see edited on tv?
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2389805;
    But how can we....just as viewers, say that Andy is feeling only lust in his heart for Bevin??? I think that would be very difficult to say how or what someone is feeling... Just going on what we see edited on tv?
    Exactly, Just because someone has a very strong physical connection it does't mean its just lust.

Didn't you hear, lust can turn into love in the end!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Actually, I think they all move to Utah in the end and all live happily ever after. lust, love, and bf.

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2386353;
    See I knew he was in love with both the final 2, (and didn't pick the final girl from an early episode) and he didn't just love the final 1 early. That means he really did love Bevin (as I expacted) even if he chose Tessa. That goes back to this comment from Andy ~ I chose the woman I had the most connection with. Meaning he loved them both but chose the one that would fit in his lifestyle the best. JUST MY OPINION!
    I think this means he loved them both , but fell in love with one ( obviously) , as far as when he reaized he was in love with his chosen. IMO it was early on.

I read an article somewhere (and it related to The Bachelor show) by some professional person who said that it's not actually possible to be 'in love' with two people at the same time, or at least it's not possible to be in the same type of love with two people. The brain circuits have been mapped for various emotions and various types of love. Someone can certainly have physical feelings for any number of different people as there are many many circuits that are triggered for physical reactions.
    Sounds like Dr. Helen Fisher of Chemistry.com / Match.com . Here is a blurb from her new, fourth book: Why we Love. She is a Rutgers University professor of anthropology. They did brain scans in her latest research.
    romantic love is a drive, an instinct as powerful as hunger. Then we tack on various emotions, depending on how we feel. When things are going well, we feel elation, hope and other joyous feelings; when things go poorly, we feel horrible sorrow instead. But we always feel that intense craving, the urge, the instinct, the drive to win our beloved.
    Did you find any brain differences between your male and female subjects?

Many of the same brain regions became active in both sexes. In fact, men fall in love faster than women do.
    Why do we choose one person rather than another?

Why him? Why her? There are many, many forces that play a role in who we fall in love with. Timing is important; you tend to fall in love when you are ready, particularly when you are lonely. Proximity is often crucial; we fall for people who we interact with. Both men and women are excited by individuals they regard as mysterious.
    I know some of you are smiling. Of course I culled the article for quotes that would be of interest and relevant. But, check it out for yourselves: Helen Fisher The article is the one on Why we Love from Feb 4, 2004. Very interesting stuff.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Excellent pajamasam, thank you for the article!

FORT Fanatic

Once upon a time, along time ago...I THOUGHT that I was in love with two guys and dated both of them. Sadly, they were best friends...I say sadly because I married the WRONG one and after it was all over THEY remained best friends and I wound up wondering what in the heck I had been thinking.

I really wasn't "in love" with either of them but I got caught up in the fantasy of having two guys wanting me at the same time.

I do think that you can have strong feelings for more than one person and it makes sense to me because for every single person there is MORE than one person who is a good match. If that weren't true then no one would ever remarry after a divorce or find love after a loss.

Regarding the Bachelors...well, they don't have much of a choice because the format of the show is such that they must fall for more than one person at the same time. It may not be real love and that could be why so many of the relationships don't work out.....if you throw me in a room with 25 guys and I have to wittle them down to two and then to one...I could easilly get caught up in the moment and make a decison NOT based on reality or true, long lasting feelings.

It's a "FAIRY TALE" and that's how it's meant to be viewed. Remember that most fairy tales are fictional stories. Real life, no matter how much you love someone is NEVER a fairy tale that has an instant happily ever after. There are a lot of bumps in the road to get to that point.

I knew my second husband (after a terrible almost ten year first marriage), for three weeks before we got married...36 years ago. It was the right and perfect move for me and it still is...but it is NO fairy tale and we have had to work hard to sustain a marriage this long.

Remember, you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your Prince and it doesn't always happen in a month (although I am proof that it can!!).

I like the fact that The Bachelor keeps the "fairy Tale" alive even if it turns out to be fiction in the end.

Sheesh...this was a long post...Sorry.

Very good long post, memorylane! Even though Fleiss et. al. are messing with real people, real lives, it all comes down to the story.

I'm rather fond of the fictional storyline I've titled the Tomboy Temptress. If the reluctant bride doesn't scramble and soon, the ardent suitor may grab a vine and swing off into the jungle. "Me Tarzan - You Bevin!"
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)