Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by hooyahdeepsea;2386191;
    Their relationship has grown even better since the finale according to him. I can't wait to meet her over Memorial Day!
    I hope you come back and tell us all about it. How exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by hooyahdeepsea;2386191;
    In my opinion that is what makes this show so difficult, because it enables this situation to happen. When in life is a guy ever presented with an allowable predicament like this? All I know is that DOC is counting down the days to the finale and cannot wait to reunite with his fiance. Their relationship has grown even better since the finale according to him. I can't wait to meet her over Memorial Day!

Question for you:

Does everyone at the Naval Base call him DOC?

I find it interesting that you say he told you he fell in love with both girls at the end. That happened last time with Lorenzo Borghese. That's not a good thing, IMO! But, well see how it plays out.

"Falling very much in love" sounds....well, just not good!
    If he said "I had strong feelings for both girls" that is a different thing. How could you be very much in love with 2, then ask one to marry you? If this is true, then I think I'd better stop watching this show.

So Hooya, I know you said earlier that the general consensus thought it would be Amber, then when she left, they thought Bevin. Do you personally have one that you think he'll pick? (I am NOT asking if you know, but wonder what your feeling is, as you know him)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2386238;
    "Falling very much in love" sounds....well, just not good!
    If he said "I had strong feelings for both girls" that is a different thing. How could you be very much in love with 2, then ask one to marry you? If this is true, then I think I'd better stop watching this show.

So Hooya, I know you said earlier that the general consensus thought it would be Amber, then when she left, they thought Bevin. Do you personally have one that you think he'll pick? (I am NOT asking if you know, but wonder what your feeling is, as you know him)
    Those were my words, not his. He said he felt strongly for the last three, and and loved the final two, or something to that effect. Regardless, I know it was very hard on him at the time, but that he is very happy right now.

Lets give Andy some credit here for trying to be sensitive to the feelings of the F2 girl and lessen her humiliation. I am sure his feelings were not equal for both. I am sure his fiance knows this, as well as his reasons for saying what he is saying and will continue to say. I should think that she respects him alot for this level of compassion. He seems to be a really decent guy. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by hooyahdeepsea;2386248;
    Those were my words, not his. He said he felt strongly for the last three, and and loved the final two, or something to that effect. Regardless, I know it was very hard on him at the time, but that he is very happy right now.
    Thanks for clarifying! But I'm not letting you off that easy! :nono
    Who is your pick?? (And I know it's a guess, just like the rest of us!)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CruiseLady;2386232;
    Question for you:

Does everyone at the Naval Base call him DOC?

I find it interesting that you say he told you he fell in love with both girls at the end. That happened last time with Lorenzo Borghese. That's not a good thing, IMO! But, well see how it plays out.
    All of us divers call him DOC, because he is our doctor. It's a common thing to call your doctor or your corpsman DOC in the Navy.

Not sure what others call him. Other officers probably call him LT Baldwin. I know one of his IDC's calls him L.T.

Or the even more appropriate thing for an enlisted sailor is to call him Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by hooyahdeepsea;2386248;

I'm sure we're all so glad to hear he's happy!

Maybe he meant loved one of them as a person... cared about them...
    Ain't Love Grand!

hooyah--Thanks for coming onboard to post. We appreciate your insights.

And I too would like to know who you think he picks--and why. Perhaps you could post your answer on that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by hooyahdeepsea;2386136;
    DOC has been keeping a really low profile, working hard, and not saying much. I can imagine it is difficult to see this all again on TV because it was really hard emotionally on him in the end. He told me that it was the hardest thing he ever had to do as he was very much in love with the final two. Everybody at work has been trying to give him space, and not bug him about it. But it is the talk of the town out here in Hawaii!
    You are so right, hooyahdeepsea ~ I can't imagine how difficult it is for him to watch the show. Being on the show must have been hard enough, dealing with all the emotions, especially because Andy seems to be a caring guy who would not want to hurt someone's feelings, and he knew he had to just to get through to the end. I am assuming he had to compartmentalize a little in order to focus on the mission ~ I would imagine his training helped with that aspect. It has been a pleasure to watch him because he really does seem so committed to finding the love of his life. It's hard for us to tell what really happened because we know the show is so edited, so we form our impressions based on what we see. I am wondering if Andy has indicated how he feels when he watches the show? Does he see the TV version as even close to what he actually experienced? In other words, does his recollection of the emotions and his feelings towards the girls come across well on TV? I think he has been one of the most enjoyable bachelors to watch because he has a very set way of going through each step and he really gives so much of his attention to each individual girl as he is with them ~ this is very admirable, especially because he probably had strong feelings for one girl way before the end, although you said he fell in love with two ~ that sounds odd to me, only because I can't imagine trying to navigate two love interests and then all of a sudden propose to one ~ you would think it would take more time to decide to propose if he had been "in love" with two at the end. I thought he was leaning more towards one than the other, but maybe that's in the editing! Do you know what his plans are for his future? Does he plan to stay in the Navy? Do you know if he is furthering his medical education, and if so, in what field? He is a fantastic young man and has accomplished so much for his age. Sorry for the long post, please tell Andy we have admired him and still do!