Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

FORT Regular

Re: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Quote Originally Posted by devotee;2383858;
    Well said, Spartangirl! I for one would love to know what followed Tessa's family's question of "So, do you keep the others around just because you have to?"
    I actually want to know what preceded it. What did Andy say that made Mercy come back with that follow-up question? IIRC, that sequence was kind of edited and chopped up, and I don't think her question followed directly from his answer about dating so many women at the same time. He had to have said something interesting about liking Tessa (and maybe others) in relation to the rest of the women who have been on the show. (And I'm not limiting this to the F4 stage; he could have been referring to any stage of the process, for instance, realizing early on that there were certain women he was really interested in, but that he needed to hand out roses to others simply because there were still roses left to be handed out.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartangirl;2383798;
    While I think Andy cared about all 3 of the final girls, I don't think he was actually conflicted about who to choose on the final night. They always say that and other than Lorenzo, I don't think it is ever true. Especially not when a proposal is involved. I think the worry a lot about hurting the runner-up and probably debate long and hard about whether to propose or not but the decision about who to choose was most likely made long before that final night. There may have been a time, when Andy was still unsure of Tessa's feelings for him, when he had to decide if he was going to go ahead and go with Bevin, who looked like a sure thing and who he liked enough, or if he was going to risk it all and go after Tessa full steam. I'd say that happened just before the Cinderella date and that choosing her for that date is the sign that he had made up his mind that she was the one for him and he was going to do whatever he could to convince her that he was the one for her as well.
    I am grabbing this post so I don't have to build up to my comments...

The bachelors have all said how hard it was, and expressed concerns or hesitations even up to, and including the FRC. I used to think how stupid this sounded...

Then I realized how stupid I felt.... of course they are going to be indecisive. How can they not go back and compare women? How can they not have jitters, or wonder if they have chosen the right person? I think it is natural to go back and replay conversations, and speculate on looks and/or glances. I don't think anyone can be 100% certain, esp under the circumstances that they are forced to live with in The Bachelor.

How many of us "married folk" have had a moment of panic before we got married? I think that is human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

One more unrelated comment. Every man likes a challenge and the chase, but once caught - is that the person you put a ring on, esp if they still confess any doubts?

It is a question to think about...
    Romantic Skeptic!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Archer121;2383900;
    I actually want to know what preceded it. What did Andy say that made Mercy come back with that follow-up question? IIRC, that sequence was kind of edited and chopped up, and I don't think her question followed directly from his answer about dating so many women at the same time. He had to have said something interesting about liking Tessa (and maybe others) in relation to the rest of the women who have been on the show. (And I'm not limiting this to the F4 stage; he could have been referring to any stage of the process, for instance, realizing early on that there were certain women he was really interested in, but that he needed to hand out roses to others simply because there were still roses left to be handed out.)
    LOL, Archer, GMTA. I edited out "and what preceeded" from my post before I sent it, partly because when I re-watched that part, to get the question quoted accurately, I was looking for an obvious edit right before it. I couldn't necessarily see one, but I don't have a real sharp eye for that stuff...

However as a newbie to the show and to sleutherdom, I do find myself thinking a lot about the rules of the competition, as it were, (which I don't know), where Andy couldn't just go, "oh let's use all those remaining dates on Tessa, since she's the one I'm going to choose anyway"? I mean it IS a competition of sorts and they can't just throw that formula out the window. So how does an apparently highly-principaled guy like Andy deal with "leading people on" when it's part of the deal, and try not to hurt feelings so much?You could tell it was really hard for him to see Amber so hurt and crying like that, and the next two eliminations will hurt probably the girls and him even more...not due to him having regrets, but out of not wanting to do that to anyone, particularly these women he has grown close to.

FORT Fan

I thought about her question, and could see it 2 ways.

She may just be very abrupt and forward, trying to catch him off-guard and say things that many wouldn't. I tend to be like that, so I could see myself saying something similar.

OR..he could have said that he is ready for this to be over and knows what he wants...hence her question.

FORT Newbie

By the way, I know this discussion should probably be moved to the "Thoughts and Comments in General" thread (as it's not at all about "Does anyone personally know any or the Bachelor participants?", LOL), but I don't know how to do that....
    sorry

Hooyahdeepsea, when you meet the final girl Memorial Day weekend make sure to ask her how her flight from the mainland to Hawaii was -- was it an "Amazing Journey?" Also, was it a direct flight or did she have to make a "Connection?"
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

devotee I am going to answer you in the general comments thread and take your post over there. Follow please.

FORT Newbie

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2385461;
    Amber clearly said that Andy's brother and sister picked her, the first night, and she was sure she was at least F2. She said that Andy said his mother would love her.

That clearly implies that his brother and sister did meet her (and the others) on the first night, and his mother hasn't met her.

So Fleiss planned something of the siblings meeting the gals and giving their opinions on the first night. But obviously that was cut out.

Why? Perhaps they gave opinions contrary to the outcome (such as picking Amber), and Fleiss didn't want to mess up his "success" story. Or maybe it was just time related. Maybe Fleiss planned for a regular two hour premiere, but ABC changed their minds and only scheduled an hour and a half. So Fleiss would have to make hasty cuts. The siblings were cut out totally.

I do believe that Andy's siblings did meet the bachelorettes on the first night.
    Yes, the first night was DOC's 30th birthday and they flew his brother and sister in to surprise him. They met all of the women and helped him pick his first 15, but editors cut them out due to first episode being shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by hooyahdeepsea;2385990;
    Yes, the first night was DOC's 30th birthday and they flew his brother and sister in to surprise him. They met all of the women and helped him pick his first 15, but editors cut them out due to first episode being shortened.
    That's a fun surprise. You wonder how they managed to get zero footage of the siblings talking to anyone in there though. Guess we missed a lot.

hooya
    Thanks! With all the interview bits from various girls saying that his siblings liked me, or I liked them so much ,we were all going a little nuts here. I cant imagine how they managed to edit them out of every scene. They must have been in a different room, meeting one or two at a time all evening so that the producers had the choice to include some of those interactions or none of them. I imagine there was nothing too dramatic or it would have been included in the episode.