Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Re: Does anyone personally know any of the Bachelor participants?

Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi;2381804;
    But they didn't cut out the part of Andy and Tessa wearing them??

Fleiss classic cruelty thru and thru?
    Precisely my point!

I can see Fleiss being cruel if the Bachelor was anyone BUT Andy. However Andy has shown how genuine he is about this and I do not see Fleiss making him look like an a** - well I d*mn well hope not!

I don't want to drive poor hooyah away! Thanks for the info thus far and please don't feel pressured to tell us anything you shouldn't. Personally, watching this show has gotten me really interested in doing triathlons. I'd love a recap show just so I could call in and ask Andy how to get started!

At this point, I just give up sleuthing. Maybe Tessa turns him down and Andy elopes with Joy Behar from The View. Spicy!

Hooyah, Doc is still military right? correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't dog tags issued by the military still government property? Wouldn't he be in trouble for giving away military property?

Annie
    Last edited by AnnieHoo; 05-10-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me;2381801;
    Not necessarily - if that was the case, then they would have edited them out of the shots all together!
    They needed the "I want to fall in love with you" footage for the story line, in order to get it, the dogtags had to be shown.

I think that there's a reason that we weren't shown where they came from or any spoken reference to the tags. If Fleiss wanted the audience to connect the dots or to foreshadow the connection, he would've made a point of doing so.
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2381821;
    I don't want to drive poor hooyah away! Thanks for the info thus far and please don't feel pressured to tell us anything you shouldn't. Personally, watching this show has gotten me really interested in doing triathlons. I'd love a recap show just so I could call in and ask Andy how to get started!

At this point, I just give up sleuthing. Maybe Tessa turns him down and Andy elopes with Joy Behar from The View. Spicy!
    Posting for the first time this season and I just wanted to say that I agree completely. Thanks so much Hooyah! It is so nice to hear from someone who actually knows the guy involved. He seems like a super guy and we appreciate you sharing all the info that he has been able to tell you. At the end of the day, it seems as though he is happy with his choice and, in life, I guess that all you can ask for.

I do really like Tessa though. Hope it's her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2381833;
    They needed the "I want to fall in love with you" footage for the story line, in order to get it, the dogtags had to be shown.

I think that there's a reason that we weren't shown where they came from or any spoken reference to the tags. If Fleiss wanted the audience to connect the dots or to foreshadow the connection, he would've made a point of doing so.
    They could have "removed" the dog tags from that conversation easily - power of editing - no?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2381833;
    I agree with this. Most people would need a hammer over the head in order to make that connection -- not a single flash of some unexplained dogtags. I just wonder why they appeared in that couch scene and not the scenes where they arrived at her home wearing the clothes they presumably wore that day to the Air & Space Museum? Bizarre.

confused

If they were going to make the dog tags "symbolic" why wouldn't they have shown that they bought fake ones, but now at the FRC Andy was going to give her the real ones?

FORT Fanatic

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone here but I think that people who work with Andy shouldn't be talking quite so much about how he feels.

The opportunity for something to slip is overwhelming and I am having a problem seeing Andy telling his co-workers what really happened or what he's angry about. Some of those comments lead me to believe that he picked Bevin and he has NEVER said anything publicly other than he fell in love and is engaged. Why is he suddenly telling peole how upset he is with the way the show was edited? He can do that AFTER the fact.

Observations are okay but some of this stuff is supposedly direct quoting and that makes me a little uncomfortable and slightly suspicious.

Andy also signed a contract when he agreed to appear on the show and he knows full well that Fleiss expects him to keep silent as to who's edit he isn't pleased with or anything else that could tip his hand BEFORE the FRC. There is way too much information being passed around that can't be totally verified and after having watched Andy Baldwin...he strikes me as a VERY honorable man who would do nothing to disobey an obligation and a DUTY that he signed up for.

Granted, it is probably very difficult for him to keep silent if he is in love and wants to shout it from the rooftops but there are legal ramifications to be considered here.

Although I am not pleased if he did pick Bevin, I believe that he probably did and if he is giving even the remotest clue of the F1 he is in violation of his contract.

Bevin didn't appeal to me as a person and some of the edits were simply those of a woman who acted very annoying. Whether she was justified in crying or not, she didn't have to insult Amber about her age and maturity when she didn't know Amber's back-story or anything else about her life. Bevin was simply jealous of Amber and that was not an attractive quality and the edit couldn't change that fact. I thought that Bevin was a bit bitchy and I don't blame that on any edit. The words came from her mouth. Also, the way she pulled him away from the others time after time was so totally needy that it was aggravating to watch. I don't think that a bad edit caused her to do that either. It seems to be in her nature to go after what she wants no matter who she steps on.

Also, how could he refer to her as the most athletic when for most of the show she had a bad ankle and couldn't participate. Judging from the comments that her ankle was in fact broken and not sprained...she would have been hindered no matter how brave she is and she would not be at her best athletically imho.

He probably picked her..things point to that, but I don't have to like it. She's Andy's possible choice, not mine!!

I wanted to add this; I read that Andy gave an interview to a paper called "Military Times" and that's where he supposedly commented about the edits and not to believe what we saw, etc. Anyone who believes that reality television is everything that we see after so many years of watching it needs a brain transplant. Of course, we don't believe all that we see and Mr. Fleiss knows that full well. They have had to get very creative in how these shows are actually edited as a result of the superior sleuthing that goes on all over The Internet. It still doesn't mean that ALL of the material that they show is made up or warped. Some of the actions of the girls on ALL of the Bachelor shows has been awful and the women confirmed it when they had the chance to speak out. With No Women Tell All show we will probably not know how they felt about Bevin and how much was true or edited to make her look bad. That would go for all of the women on the show...those who were nasty will remain in our memories as being nasty!!
    Last edited by memorylane; 05-10-2007 at 09:55 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Sorry memorylane, I completely disagree with you. I think hooyahdeepsea has been extremely circumspect about what s/he has said, hasn't passed on any information whatsoever that was improper in any way, shape or form. I for one have thoroughly enjoyed getting a bit of a glimpse of 'real life' Andy as opposed to only 'tv' Andy, and I definitely hope hooyahdeepsea will continue to post little tidbits.