Page 9 of 425 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Tessa faked injury, bevin faked injury **SPOILERS**

I recall the bull riding episode where Tessa faked her injury, but admitted it and laughed and Andy laughed as well. Then we have Bevin, injury that a sprained ankle so terrible that she needs crutches can't walk,ect then the next night she is on high heels.

I am a medical profressional, one more year than MD behind my name,(only if I get of these boards and study )as well and guess what #1 you can't diagnose displaced fracture by looking at an ankle, you need what is known as a little thing called an X-ray. The next thing we see is Bevin with her leg up and iced which is the normal thing to do for a minor sprain. I have many patients that have significantly sprained, torn ligaments, and created a lot of trauma to their ankle. Guess what they do not need crutches as they are put in a walking cast to aid in the wound healing process. Bevin milked her whole injury until the rose ceremonly where she hopped up those stairs to accept her rose You do not want to take weight completely off an ankle or bone if need be because it creates bone loss.

So I think Fleiss is trying to show, look how Bevin is milking this thing, crutches, crying ect, when Tessa just goofed about it. Also another thing, When Bevin was crying and carrying on, the voice over stated "and one bachelorette ruined the evening for the others. Why would they depict the winner in that light?

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by giggletink17;2350249;
    Is there any screencaps of Danielle leaving after F3?
    No. Other caps show Bevin and Tessa in F2 date situations as outlined on the Medianet release.

And that makes it interesting in how Danielle is being edited. First there is her backstory which gives her a connection/reference to Andy, then Andy thinks she's sweet, then strong. They showed a portion ? of their kiss in Tahoe. Her reactions shots are moving from sweet smile to frustration - which would be normal in her situation. By showing to this point that Andy appreciates her places her among his favorites; but, it is not enough to take her beyond F3. The editing has been somewhat quiet and kid-gloved with Danielle.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Does anyone else but me think that Danielle is carrying a little too much baggage w/ the sudden death of her bf, and that perhaps she is emotionally scarred, and not really ready to jump into something with Andy quite so quickly (and he realizes that)?

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2350268;
    Exactly ~ thank you for your words of wisdom, Smile. I have been reading Bachelor boards for quite a few seasons, and there have been more than one F1 that have had very negative edits with posters that made their views known as such.
    I agree Blondiegirl. I was SURE no WAY Sarah S. would win after using the "b" word. I actually was shocked when she won.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2350271;
    No. Other caps show Bevin and Tessa in F2 date situations as outlined on the Medianet release.

And that makes it interesting in how Danielle is being edited. First there is her backstory which gives her a connection/reference to Andy, then Andy thinks she's sweet, then strong. They showed a portion ? of their kiss in Tahoe. Her reactions shots are moving from sweet smile to frustration - which would be normal in her situation. By showing to this point that Andy appreciates her places her among his favorites; but, it is not enough to take her beyond F3. The editing has been somewhat quiet and kid-gloved with Danielle.

do you have the link to the medianet release or any shots?

If we are going to be watching a love story unfold then I'm convinced it's Tessa.

The editing has been somewhat quiet and kid-gloved with Danielle.
    I agree Arielflies. I guess the producers liked her so they have edited her well. Oh god, do you think they are grooming her to be the next Bachelorette? Is she dynamic enough to pull it off? They havent shown her much. But Fleiss is all about the crying and with her life story - I cant imagine more drama.

I hope this is okay to post here.. it is about editing.. and if this has been discussed, forgive me. I am so behind reading.

Okay, we know this years topic is An Officer and a Gentleman, right? Well what if Bevin is getting a Paula Pokrifki type of edit. (Debra Winger's character in the movie) Paula is a tough girl that has had a tough childhood. The main story is about two people who must overcome their upbringing and personal weaknesses to have the perfect life. I really am starting to think Fleiss is editing Bevin in this light. This could be the beginning of a love story too..

Now granted, Bevin isn't a factory worker (lol) but she is one tough cookie fighting for her time with Andy.. I see her in this characterization. She has had the tough childhood with the statement of being on her own since she was 15.

And here's something for you also.. When the movie was released in 1982 one of the tag lines went something like this. "Can a girl escape her damaged past and become a woman of integrity worthy of love?"
    I'm sure Bevin has integrity..look at the life she has made for herself. it's just a tag line.. but what grabbed me was the girl with the damaged past.

So what do you all think? Am I crazy? I'm still pulling for Tessa.. but.. this edit would make total sense..They don't really "redeem" Paula until close to the end of the movie. Maybe this is what happens with Bevin's edit too.

Just a thought..
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

Wow hayleysmommy, that's brilliant and that is the only way I could possibly see the edit for Bevin working towards an F1 finish. (Not that I think that's going to happen, but this may be the way they keep her as a viable F1 so we have a "surprise" at the end.)

Quote Originally Posted by Di24;2350237;
    See, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe it is enough for them to show us this love story unfold. That's their big ticket item. Maybe they don't really care this season if we are confused or not.
    This is exactly how I feel... they are unfolding the story right before us.

It started with the muffin joke - inca trail - RC1 rose with big mmmmmmm- bullriding fake fall (joker) - foot massage - future sailor wife - helicopter kiss - wife material - lake tahoe sking - pre RC4 conversation/hug/kiss ---- and more to unfold in the coming weeks....
    it's there.. it depends on us to just watch it unfold

quick summary here if anyone care to watch the slides
    The unfolding love story