Page 8 of 425 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2350141;
    Sorry it is not Danielle on that date it is Stephanie
    How do you know have you seen screencaps of it? Also, what sofa is that Danielle and Andy are hugging on in the latest screencaps.

If you watch the preview for next week you will see Danielle, Bevin, Tina and Amber at the school where they are doing the play ground for the kids. Tessa and Stephanie has the single dates. The sofa is at the rc for next week

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2350009;
    Word.

It's ESPECIALLY unlikely this time around. We are assured there is an engagement, which presumably (hopefully for the couple's sake) will lead to a wedding. The winner in this case is not just "a winner." She's going to be Andy's WIFE. Potentially for ever and ever and ever, amen. The producers/editors must therefore be fairly respectful in the edit. This couple, if they marry and stay married, which the producers have no choice but to assume at this point, will forever be meeting strangers who "know" them in airports, parks, grocery stores, restaurants, heck maybe even parent-teacher conferences, etc. I really don't think the editors would stoop so low as to saddle the "happy couple" with the edit Bevin's getting.

Of course, the editors have in the past suprised me with new lows, but this? Boy, I dunno. That would be really harsh. And really mean, especially for a crew that supposedly (reportedly) cheered and cried because they were so happy and touched by the FRC.
    Finale Fan, it's like we're in each other's heads!

In the past, Fleiss and Co. had to be very creative and sneaky with the editing to keep everyone guessing. The Bachelor has "failed" so many times and became somewhat of a joke. (Plane tickets, anyone?) This season they finally have a successful love story, which is what this show is supposed to be about.

Ratings are way up and Andy is all over the media gushing about his fiancee and how grateful he is to the show for finding his soulmate. Why not give the viewers what they want and show the love story develop? I think they are showing it slowly because they know that people will be very skeptical of the couple. From the first night to the engagement, it had only been a little over five weeks.

It sucks that Bevin is getting such a bad edit, but as we all know from past seasons, the final two have usually been "good" vs. "bad". It's a classic battle. They had to paint Bevin in this light to make the love story between Tessa and Andy that much sweeter.

There have been "stealth" winners before, but I honestly have not seen enough interaction between Danielle and Andy to convince me she's the F1. Of course, we do know that she's F3, so I'm guessing we'll see more of the two together in the coming episodes. But, there's no denying that Bevin and Tessa are the last two standing.
    Last edited by aphijess; 04-25-2007 at 12:56 PM.

I agree about them promoting the obvious love story. If this season tanks, it's got to be over for the show. I think of it like watching a soap opera: Just because you know the "characters" are having a romance doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

FORT Fan

See, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe it is enough for them to show us this love story unfold. That's their big ticket item. Maybe they don't really care this season if we are confused or not.

Possible??? (to all you experts out there)

Do you think that Danielle is a spy, like Jesse had?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Is there any screencaps of Danielle leaving after F3?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2350246;
    Do you think that Danielle is a spy, like Jesse had?

Most definitely not - am 100% sure of that

Maybe they don't really care this season if we are confused or not.
    The issue to me is not confusion, but reputation. They have skewered Bevin with the editing. I suppose you could say they have screwed her over with it as well. They wouldnt do that to an F1. The couple, especially considering they are engaged, will do alot of publicity at the end. The producers are not stupid. They're gonna milk this engagement and this telegenic superhero Bachelor. They are not going to want to be dealing (for weeks or months) with a couple that is pissed with them for a nasty edit. They want and need compliance and some goodwill from the couple. Sure they can force them to do the interviews, but it wont come off as good as if the couple is really pissed with the edit and with the production. There will have to be a working relationship between the couple and producers. F1 cannot be Bevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile;2350016;
    Maybe it is just my bad memory but haven't these same things been said every season. You have those that are certain who the F1 is because of the edit, screencaps, etc. and will say it's the formula Fleiss uses every time. Then you have those that have their favorite and will come up with all kinds of reasons for their favorite to win, even when the proven sleuthers on this site have it all figured out. Has Fleiss ever really changed the editing? Have you ever gotten to the end of a season and honestly been shocked?
    Exactly ~ thank you for your words of wisdom, Smile. I have been reading Bachelor boards for quite a few seasons, and there have been more than one F1 that have had very negative edits with posters that made their views known as such. Two that come to mind are Ian (in comparison to fan favorite Matt) and last year's Jen (body shots? What teacher does body shots on tv?!!! etc... ). Also, I believe there was some uproar over a F1 actually saying the "B" word, that no F1 would ever say that ~ Sarah S did say that word and won. There are negative edits every season for the F1 to allow the viewers to be surprised by the ending ~ the producers just live for this, no matter how it reflects on the F1.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas