Page 7 of 425 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi;2349884;
    When Andy first takes Bevin over to sit on the couch during dinner at Tahoe, there is a very peculiar voice over of Andy, just after he asks Bevin about her crutches and brace.

"She's been such a trooper. But I feel like the wall of protection that she has put up is starting to crumble down."

This is Fleissmeister at his best! We know Bevin hasn't put up walls. :nono
    This VO bothered me as well. I went, WHAT? He could have been talking about Tessa or Danielle or Stephanie W. or even Tina at this point - or at least what we've viewed of the story to this point. This was another "bad edit" swipe at Bevin, because now the audience will fall more readily into Nicole's, Andy is Blind - Bevin is milking it, thinking.

This year is so different than previous seasons that, even though Fleiss will use his tried and true formula, it seems all skewered. Bevin's injury must have been a godsend to him. Otherwise, she would have been more upbeat and, while still complaining about not enough alone time with Andy, at least she wouldn't be crying for two episodes. The crying has added drama that I'm sure he couldn't resist. He stated in an article in the media thread that the top of his list is girls crying (paraphrased.) How else can he balance Blandy and show some spice. I wish he could pay Bevin a bonus for being on the show and creating a climate that he can splice and dice to his hearts desire.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2350038;
    I was wondering about something regarding the final 2....all of us that are watching can plainly see that Bevin is NOT getting a good edit at all and many are questioning why would she be the winner with the edit she is getting...NO WAY would Fleiss do that...Then I thought...Fleiss and his minions have harped on "An Officer and A Gentleman" and I thought about the movie.....Debra Winger wasn't portrayed as the best person either....not telling them about the friend that was pretending to be preg...and one scene of her smoking a joint etc....and other things (subtle) about the type of person she was....COULD THIS BE???? That they are trying to play more on the movie than we first thought? and it will be Bevin
    I keep going to his remark that he doesn't pick the one it looks like. Since we are looking for the romantic story which Bevin doesn't appear to be he might actually be telling us its not Tessa or Danielle, but exactly who we can't believe it would be which is Bevin.

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by flgirl60;2350042;
    I keep going to his remark that he doesn't pick the one it looks like. Since we are looking for the romantic story which Bevin doesn't appear to be he might actually be telling us its not Tessa or Danielle, but exactly who we can't believe it would be which is Bevin.
    But how would he know what the final edited product is? he is watching as we are...he has even made remarks about it being fun/weird to watch and see what gets left out....So if thats the case....the producers have told him that, also I have wondered, everyone keeps saying that it was said that we start to see the romance when its down to 6...again, he didnt know how it would be shown, so he must have been told it starts showing on screen at 6,( BTW does anyone know where that statement came from?)
    1 more thing lol everyone keeps saying how it has been stressed that he prefers brunettes, over and over again, but I think they are stressing that to throw us off...I think many of the things that are said in interviews are tptb induced!

he might actually be telling us its not Tessa or Danielle, but exactly who we can't believe it would be which is Bevin.
    Spoken like a true sleuther. Never trust the Fleiss. But too many believe it is , in fact, Bevin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi;2349982;
    I believe Fleiss IS known for creative editing to throw anyone off. This has been proven thru flipped images/film and actual re-coloring of clothing in previous seasons.

I do agree that Fleiss follows a formula from previous seasons. Whether it be the same or a mixed bag.

I have never seen a winner emerge from Bevin's edit. I suppose there is a first time for everything, but I just don't see it.
    Ah, but we see through all of that in short order. I agree, it just cannot be Bevin. Can't.

Yes, that Fleiss is super sneaky
    Ain't Love Grand!

Has Fleiss ever really changed the editing? Have you ever gotten to the end of a season and honestly been shocked?
    Well, I knew it was Ian, not Matt,for Meredith. Candle heights helped there. Sarah Stone, not Moana for Travis (her myspace gave that one away), Jen, not Sadie for Lorenzo (though that was a little harder since he wasnt all that interested in either of them), Mary for Byron (not hard at all. doesnt count as clever on my part) and Jen for Firestone. I cant remember what I thought of Jesse. He was such a tool it was hard to watch or care. But most of my decisions were due to great sleuthing on this and other sites by people much smarter than me. It's not brilliance on my part at all.

My point is that I always try to be dispassionate when it comes to the sleuthing part of things. I may have a favorite (I liked Sadie better but not didnt see Lor picking her) but that's different than where I see the clues and dots leading me. I try to seperate the two. This season, for the first time in a long time, I get to have the one I like be the one I see as F1. I , like Kraziladi, cant get past the editing. No way.

Fleiss didnt even edit Ian this badly. And he gave him a bit of a rough edit in order to throw us off the track.

WELL 1 thing I do deduce it is not DANIELLE so who ever wins good luck

I just re-read the post regarding next weeks episode and the way the wine tasting date is described sounds like it could be Danielle. It talks about painting a one of kind masterpiece with the wine they have created. We know she is a graphic designer which is an art degree. What do you think?

Sorry it is not Danielle on that date it is Stephanie