Page 6 of 425 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

I agree they have had time together we have not seen. I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it anyway. In Byron's season, there was a conversation that took place between Cindy (final 3) and her friends and Byron. They asked how many dates they had been on and Cindy looked at Byron and said four? No wait, Five. Up until that point, the ONLY date I had ever seen Cindy on was an afternoon one to a park by the ocean. I believe the same thing is occurring with Danielle for some unknown reason. We are definitely not seeing it all. These women are here for WEEKS and they show 3 or 4 dates or mini-dates a week and most of those seem to occur in one day. He goes from date to date. So, I say they are leaving lots out.

Dont forget, finalefan, the editors have left in the bits showing her spanx, twice. It's like the kiss of death! It's like showing a girl trying to open a bottle of champagne with a wine bottle opener. They are trashing Bevin right , left and center. There is a reason. They do not do this to the F1. They'll only let a little bit of cattiness show, or some silliness, for the F1. I think the editors are a bit misogynistic (producers too). But they would never , ever, ever , show her spanx. Seriously.

Does anyone remember last season when PLo picked smoochy-smoochy Jen over nice girl Sadie? While I though (until I discovered the spoilers) that Sadie had it in the bag, she was sent home packing and Jen was F1. The editing certainly had me fooled because Sadie, like Tessa, seemed a lot nicer and more genuine - Jen seemed to be in it for the good time. I don't know, but I think that we may see a repeat of that this season. This makes it highly possible for Bevin to be F1.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2349927;
    Dont forget, finalefan, the editors have left in the bits showing her spanx, twice. It's like the kiss of death! It's like showing a girl trying to open a bottle of champagne with a wine bottle opener. They are trashing Bevin right , left and center. There is a reason. They do not do this to the F1. They'll only let a little bit of cattiness show, or some silliness, for the F1. I think the editors are a bit misogynistic (producers too). But they would never , ever, ever , show her spanx. Seriously.
    Ahhhh, absolutely. Can't believe I left that out!

Also, with an actual engagement and a bachelor doing a lot of interviews still convincingly beaming about his new fiancee, this is TPTB's chance to win back some disillusioned viewers. (And the ratings bear that out.) Fleiss has absolutely nothing to gain by editing the winner badly, but in contrast he has a loyal audience to gain back by editing the winner well.

In the episode description for the F1 with Tessa, they are said to be canoodling.

Definitions, according to an online dictionary:
    1. verb, intransitive: "To engage in caressing, petting, or lovemaking."
    2. verb, transitive: "To win over or convince by cajoling or flattering; wheedle."

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2349898;
    ....... Fleiss is not known for creative editing to throw off the internet detectives. They have a formula and I see it in play now. Bevin, the front runner, or so they are promoting is one not favored by viewers because of her edit. ...........
    I believe Fleiss IS known for creative editing to throw anyone off. This has been proven thru flipped images/film and actual re-coloring of clothing in previous seasons.

I do agree that Fleiss follows a formula from previous seasons. Whether it be the same or a mixed bag.

I have never seen a winner emerge from Bevin's edit. I suppose there is a first time for everything, but I just don't see it.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

I have never seen a winner emerge from Bevin's edit. I suppose there is a first time for everything, but I just don't see it.
    Me either. So why arent they making it harder for us?

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi;2349982;
    Word.

It's ESPECIALLY unlikely this time around. We are assured there is an engagement, which presumably (hopefully for the couple's sake) will lead to a wedding. The winner in this case is not just "a winner." She's going to be Andy's WIFE. Potentially for ever and ever and ever, amen. The producers/editors must therefore be fairly respectful in the edit. This couple, if they marry and stay married, which the producers have no choice but to assume at this point, will forever be meeting strangers who "know" them in airports, parks, grocery stores, restaurants, heck maybe even parent-teacher conferences, etc. I really don't think the editors would stoop so low as to saddle the "happy couple" with the edit Bevin's getting.

Of course, the editors have in the past suprised me with new lows, but this? Boy, I dunno. That would be really harsh. And really mean, especially for a crew that supposedly (reportedly) cheered and cried because they were so happy and touched by the FRC.

FORT Regular

Maybe it is just my bad memory but haven't these same things been said every season. You have those that are certain who the F1 is because of the edit, screencaps, etc. and will say it's the formula Fleiss uses every time. Then you have those that have their favorite and will come up with all kinds of reasons for their favorite to win, even when the proven sleuthers on this site have it all figured out. Has Fleiss ever really changed the editing? Have you ever gotten to the end of a season and honestly been shocked?

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY***SPOILERS***

I was wondering about something regarding the final 2....all of us that are watching can plainly see that Bevin is NOT getting a good edit at all and many are questioning why would she be the winner with the edit she is getting...NO WAY would Fleiss do that...Then I thought...Fleiss and his minions have harped on "An Officer and A Gentleman" and I thought about the movie.....Debra Winger wasn't portrayed as the best person either....not telling them about the friend that was pretending to be preg...and one scene of her smoking a joint etc....and other things (subtle) about the type of person she was....COULD THIS BE???? That they are trying to play more on the movie than we first thought? and it will be Bevin
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!