Page 54 of 425 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2357519;
    I've been trying to figure out my reaction to this season's drama. When I watch the arrival of Bevin in the first episode she seems very pleasant and attractive, and Andy seems to have a very positive initial reaction to her. As the story unfolds, Andy and Bevin seem to develop a strong mutual attraction. I have no favorites among the women, so, why then do I not have a more positive reaction to the romance developing between Andy and Bevin? When I watched the episodes again I discovered that as Bevin's character is revealed several aspects that I've not found particularly endearing have gradually emerged. In the very first episode she makes comments that seem focused on the competitive aspect of the situation, and though that may not be a bad way to approach this event, it planted a question in my mind about her motivation. Whe n Bevin discovers that it is Peyton's birthday her response is "...that just means one less rose to give out and the competition's on." Also, when she sees Andy with another of the ladies during that first episode, she says, "Wait. Wait. Wait. He's sitting down with someone else now." In subsequent episodes, she begins to reveal a pouty almost childish side to her personality. At one point she says, "I haven't had any one-on-one time with him and I have to say I'm pretty damned bummed...I think I deserve a little one-on-one." She is jealous when Stephanie of-the-first-impression rose gets the first one-on-one date and not only expresses her jealousy, but adds, "...let's just hope that she gets seasick." Funny, but not very nice. A victim-type mentality also seems evident when she gets injured and cries, "Why does it always have to happen to me? ... Why does it have to be me that's hurt?" Also, later, when she returns from the hospital with her coveted rose she makes a point of informing the others that she also got a beautiful watch. Maybe she did not intend it to seem like gloating, but when she passed the watch around for all to admire her action could be interpreted that way. Still later in that episode, even though she had already received the rose, the watch, and alone time with Andy at the hospital, she laments, "I didn't get any one-on-one time. I feel like the dud of the party." Then, of course, in the last episode to air, there is the melt-down in Tahoe. Her actions can be attributed to the injury, stress, and lack of sleep. But justifiable or not her actions, from the pouty response to Andy's question to her tearful breakdown, come across as an immature display for a 28-year-old ,independent, strong woman. I think that some of the negative impact of that scene could have been mitigated by seeing Bevin apologize to the other women for disrupting the date. Whether or not she apologized we don't know. What we do know is that we did not see an apology. Editing or reality? I don't know, but if Andy and Bevin are to emerge from this as the love story I'd like to see, I hope they will begin showing Bevin in a more positive light, and not someone who declares that no one there is a friend and no one can be trusted, after several of the women there displayed what I consider acts of kindness and friendship in helping her to prepare for her meltdown date. Whew! My apologies for the extended post.
    dondiego, thank you for your thoughts. I do think that it illustrates the problem many of us have in thinking about Bevin (tvBevin) as the F1. I really dont think she will be F1 and certainly not without Fleiss showing us quite a rehabilitation vis a vis her interactions with the other women. That means I need to see the rehab happening beginning with tomorrow nights' episode. When she is alone with Andy, there is no real need for her to be insecure or catty. I've got to start seeing it tomorrow night, before the women seperate for pretty much the rest of the show.

Whatever you think about the Million Dollar Smile Man, you have to give him a salute for having done a good job of seperating the wheat from the chaff.
    miss thing I couldnt agree more. If what Fleiss wants are engagements at FRC's then he ought to hire Andy to attend every one (secretly off screen if need be) and advise every bachelor on who to keep for the first 15. The guy has "decent babe" radar. It 's like a gift.

wiccan I agree that the Bevin divorce issue is going to be an issue for him. Both because he seems like the type that will want to marry in church and because of the statistics. Maybe not as insurmountable as it was to Travis, but he's got to wonder why she didnt tell him during their numerous times alone together.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Mary;2354513;
    The scene that Fleiss edits that is my favorite is when Tessa and Andy are talking on the couch before the rose ceremony and he hugs her and says TessTessTess....then pulls away from her and a voice over comes on but you see that Andy says something else to Tessa and she has the warmest cutest smile....I just wonder what Andy said and why it was shown but we don't hear what he has to say to her.
    I noticed that too and wondered the same thing. Maybe someone can read his lips around here and clue is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2357875;
    Thank you Ariel and i<3 - I didn't realize that. Do we know that the break in is at the time of the RC ?
    I think it says it happens at the Rose Ceremony in the episode guide Press Release. I am wondering who it is. . . .

We see Bevin and Andy on the couch at the rose ceremony, we see Amber and Andy also, and Danielle and Andy. We do not see Tina, Stephanie W nor Tessa with Andy at the Rose Ceremony, correct? Is it two of them maybe?? I am curious. . .
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2354871;
    The reason that people are talking about the negative side of tvBevin is BECAUSE it's possible evidence. The EDIT has always been considered a sleuthing tool. I am one that talks about tvBevin and I feel that she has been EDITed too badly to be the fiancee'. I don't think anybody pretends to know these people, they're all presented as characters to us. We know that there are certain people that are edited better than in reality and certain MUCH worse in reality. It's obvious that the girls like Bevin and she's F2, so I'm sure she's a nice person, but they are emphasizing her to be WHINEY, complaining, etc. this for their plot. I don't think it suits our sleuthing purposes to look on her positive side it's not important, it's her EDIT that's important.

Girlsmom , well said, I totally agree.

FORT Fan

Yes, true. We do definitely know the F3 (almost certain), and we do definitely (almost certain) know that Tessa goes to F2. Consideing we got that much by the 9 to 6 episode, that's quite a bit.

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY***SPOILERS***

[QUOTE=Jennie;2355487;]One thing Tessa lacks is confidence in the process. Remember when she was crying in the bathroom in episode two because she wasn't sure if she should be there? Then in episode four she tells Andy she is uncertain again.

Bevin really wants to win Andy's heart Sure she has been a little frustrated about her injury and not getting alone time with Andy, but she is taking risks and putting herself out there.

The producers keep bringing up Tessa's uncertainty and IMO that lack of effort/intensity on Tessa's part (to win over Andy) will have her on the last episode when Andy politely sends her home with out a rose [

I disagree with you, Tessa never said she didn't have feelings for him. She said, her feelings were not on the same level as some of the girls in the house. Andy told her to "forget the other girls" and focus on him and her. She asked him to let her go , because she dosen't want to get hurt. IF she didn't have feelings building towards him, then she wouldn't have to worry about getting hurt.

FORT Fan

See, Bevin as F2 for me, has not been PROVEN, like Tessa at F2 has been proven. I believe to 99&#37; certainty, that is Tessa on the horse. But I find the helicopter and backpack pics inconclusive...we can't be CERTAIN when they're from, and there is potential for error even in the identity. It APPEARS to be Bevin in the helicopter, but we did see moles on Danielle's arm too, AND it may NOT be from an F2 date. Just because we haven't heard about another helicopter ride DOESN'T mean there isn't one, and the seating arrangement in that pic is suspect. Bevin could be F2, but I think it's highly unlikely. Due to the edit, the divorce, the episode description "His third and final date begins with an adventurous kayaking trip, followed by a jungle hike and sexy swim beneath a waterfall. For dinner, the two have their own private luau, but then Andy hits the woman with some tough questions "to help him get closer to his final decision." And the unlikeliness of back to back hiking trips on a recently injured ankle (even if much improved, it's still recently injured and introduces a potential liability on the part of ABC, not a likelihood.) Nope, Bevin has definitely NOT been proven to be F2. In fact the evidence points away from it.

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugs3;2355489;
    I really don't mean this to be mean but I can't think of any other way to phrase it...at this point FROM THE EDIT, Andy's heart is not what Bevin seems to be after.
    Exactly the way I see it.

Does anyone remember where/when we were promised a love story? I've heard a few variations on that, such as Andy saying we would see it at a certain time or even that TPTB planned it that way. I'm just thinking about the way they are editing Bevin intentionally. Last week, didn't Chris remark that she "ruins" things? The cap info. at ABC says Bevin is "determined to break up the group's sun and fun." So TPTB is slanting our view of her intentionally. I know this has been brought up before. My question (esp. for Bevin fans) is, why are they purposefully casting the F1 in a negative light, if she is in fact the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2357519;
    I've been trying to figure out my reaction to this season's drama. When I watch the arrival of Bevin in the first episode she seems very pleasant and attractive, and Andy seems to have a very positive initial reaction to her. As the story unfolds, Andy and Bevin seem to develop a strong mutual attraction. I have no favorites among the women, so, why then do I not have a more positive reaction to the romance developing between Andy and Bevin? When I watched the episodes again I discovered that as Bevin's character is revealed several aspects that I've not found particularly endearing have gradually emerged. In the very first episode she makes comments that seem focused on the competitive aspect of the situation, and though that may not be a bad way to approach this event, it planted a question in my mind about her motivation. When Bevin discovers that it is Peyton's birthday her response is "...that just means one less rose to give out and the competition's on." Also, when she sees Andy with another of the ladies during that first episode, she says, "Wait. Wait. Wait. He's sitting down with someone else now." In subsequent episodes, she begins to reveal a pouty almost childish side to her personality. At one point she says, "I haven't had any one-on-one time with him and I have to say I'm pretty damned bummed...I think I deserve a little one-on-one." She is jealous when Stephanie of-the-first-impression rose gets the first one-on-one date and not only expresses her jealousy, but adds, "...let's just hope that she gets seasick." Funny, but not very nice. A victim-type mentality also seems evident when she gets injured and cries, "Why does it always have to happen to me? ... Why does it have to be me that's hurt?" Also, later, when she returns from the hospital with her coveted rose she makes a point of informing the others that she also got a beautiful watch. Maybe she did not intend it to seem like gloating, but when she passed the watch around for all to admire her action could be interpreted that way. Still later in that episode, even though she had already received the rose, the watch, and alone time with Andy at the hospital, she laments, "I didn't get any one-on-one time. I feel like the dud of the party." Then, of course, in the last episode to air, there is the melt-down in Tahoe. Her actions can be attributed to the injury, stress, and lack of sleep. But justifiable or not her actions, from the pouty response to Andy's question to her tearful breakdown, come across as an immature display for a 28-year-old ,independent, strong woman. I think that some of the negative impact of that scene could have been mitigated by seeing Bevin apologize to the other women for disrupting the date. Whether or not she apologized we don't know. What we do know is that we did not see an apology. Editing or reality? I don't know, but if Andy and Bevin are to emerge from this as the love story I'd like to see, I hope they will begin showing Bevin in a more positive light, and not someone who declares that no one there is a friend and no one can be trusted, after several of the women there displayed what I consider acts of kindness and friendship in helping her to prepare for her meltdown date. Whew! My apologies for the extended post.
    I agree. I really liked TVBevin at first too. The first inkling I had that they were not giving her a very favorable edit was the 1 on 1 time she spent w/Andy right before the RC (in the episode where she initially hurt her ankle). She already had a rose, and yet had to get more 1 on 1 time w/Andy. I know it is a competition and you have to compete for Andy's attention, but I think there is a time and place where you have to step back during this competition and be gracious (or at least appear to be ) to the other girls.

Then, the continued to give her that horrible edit in the Tahoe episode. I am sure they pulled out all the negative aspects and just aired those so it would seem like she acted that way the whole time. I do think it was inappropriate that they were w/in viewing distance of the other 3 girls and hugging and kissing. But that is Andy's fault too. If he was going to do that then he should have taken her around the corner so they couldn't see them. I just wonder how long their time together actually was during dinner. They made it seem like it took up the whole entire time, but in reality it could have only taken 5 minutes away from dinner.

One thing I did not care for was when she said that when her and Andy came back to dinner she was getting a lot of jealous looks from the other girls, and that she hopes that they don't stab her in the back. Well, what should she expect? They are there to spend time w/Andy and let him get to know them too. Then I found it ironic that during the RC she tells Kate that nobody is a friend there. Nobody!

Then during the RC I couldn't help but see the pout on her face, even once Andy called her name. Maybe she was just nervous that she wasn't going to get a rose, but w/everything else that went on in the episode they made it appear that she was pouting.

Then they show previews for the next show and it looks like she is hogging Andy again. It just seems like they are really playing up this aspect of TVBevin and running w/it. I am sure there is a way they could have included some of these things and not made it such an unfavorable edit.

Bevin was honestly one of my favorites until they started editing her this way. If they wanted her to be likable then they could have just shown Andy pulling her off to the side and then coming back to the table. Andy could have just done a VO and said that he spent a few minutes w/Bevin because she was a little down. They didn't have to play up them making out in front of the other girls.

I think another thing that has people upset is that she was complaining about her ankle and not able to get ready, and yet she wears high heels w/no brace and no crutches that same evening. I think Andy actually gave her more attention when she was on the crutches. When they were walking to the plane and walking into the hotel he mentioned Bevin and not leaving her behind or something like that.

I just want to say that I do like Bevin, but for some reason they are giving her this negative edit. I am sure she is probably not like this in real life at all. On one site (I can't think of the name of it right now) they list the Bachelor and all the ladies as actors. I am definitely taking everything I see on this show w/a grain of salt.