Page 53 of 425 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugs3;2357848;
    Danielle has a tattoo on her right shoulder too? good grief! Where've I been?
    That isn't Danielle, lol.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

No way! The pic in post 517 isn't Danielle? I would have sworn that was Danielle's nose...

The more I consider this topic, the less I think Fleiss is messing with us, and the more I think we are messing with ourselves, and it's our fault, not his.

All the obvious she-devils (Kate, Stephanie T. spring to mind) are gone now. Whatever you think about the Million Dollar Smile Man, you have to give him a salute for having done a good job of seperating the wheat from the chaff.

So, we are left with six very likable, accomplished women. He'll be darned lucky to end up with any of them. But, that's frustrating for us, because, of course, many of us have already developed some type of odd, audience attachment to one or the other of these 'personalities' we've been shown. We more than likely have no real reason, other than our own instincts and personalities, for having formed those attachments. This is just my take, but I think it's sort of a stretch at this point to say much of the past day or so's discussion is based on real 'sleuthing' - we've really had no new material for almost a week.

It's not unusual for each of us to want to champion our favorite. Some folks do that by trying to grasp at any little clue that may or may not exist, some folks do it by lauding our favorite's particular attributes, and some do it by dismissing the characteristics of the others.

But, the bottom line is, we are talking ourselves into whatever it is we feel - we honestly haven't gotten anything new to pick apart, so we sort of invent things to keep us fascinated.

For me, this is the first season I've ever liked all the F6. I can also sincerely say I've read things in the past day about my particular pick that I hadn't ever thought of, but I can see the opposing point of view, and it may be correct (of course, I doubt that, but at least I see the possibility).

I'm no longer sure of the point here, except it seems to me that we are giving Mike Fleiss more credit than he is due, and shortchanging ourselves and the richness of our various viewpoints.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I lightened this. I don't see a tatoo?

Romantic Skeptic!

BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2357862;
    The more I consider this topic, the less I think Fleiss is messing with us, and the more I think we are messing with ourselves, and it's our fault, not his.

All the obvious she-devils (Kate, Stephanie T. spring to mind) are gone now. Whatever you think about the Million Dollar Smile Man, you have to give him a salute for having done a good job of seperating the wheat from the chaff.

So, we are left with six very likable, accomplished women. He'll be darned lucky to end up with any of them. But, that's frustrating for us, because, of course, many of us have already developed some type of odd, audience attachment to one or the other of these 'personalities' we've been shown. We more than likely have no real reason, other than our own instincts and personalities, for having formed those attachments. This is just my take, but I think it's sort of a stretch at this point to say much of the past day or so's discussion is based on real 'sleuthing' - we've really had no new material for almost a week.

It's not unusual for each of us to want to champion our favorite. Some folks do that by trying to grasp at any little clue that may or may not exist, some folks do it by lauding our favorite's particular attributes, and some do it by dismissing the characteristics of the others.

But, the bottom line is, we are talking ourselves into whatever it is we feel - we honestly haven't gotten anything new to pick apart, so we sort of invent things to keep us fascinated.

For me, this is the first season I've ever liked all the F6. I can also sincerely say I've read things in the past day about my particular pick that I hadn't ever thought of, but I can see the opposing point of view, and it may be correct (of course, I doubt that, but at least I see the possibility).

I'm no longer sure of the point here, except it seems to me that we are giving Mike Fleiss more credit than he is due, and shortchanging ourselves and the richness of our various viewpoints.
    One word BRAVO. O.K. that's three. I agree he would be lucky to be with any of the 6 remaining women.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;2354220;
    Until more evidence (such as FRC caps) comes in, the edit is leading me to think that Tessa is F1. If that is the case, then the love story may be more subtle (and I know that's an oxymoron) with Fleiss this time.

It's been my observation, though, that even on the FORT, and certainly on some other boards, we can fail to read the comparatively more subtle edit, such as Trista choosing Ryan. But that wasn't too subtle either, now that I think about it: For goodness' sake, she slept with Shamu the Whale; if that's not blatant Freudian symbolism, I don't know what is. I think the edit this season more closely resembles that season. And why would it not? Fleiss is getting a baby to further confirm the success of Trista's and Ryan's season. This time, he has the promise of five! He must be ready to hand out cigars.

At any rate, until I'm convinced that the edit and the FRC screencaps are going in two different directions, I think Tessa is F1.
    Great post. You certainly gave me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2357862;
    Thank you, Miss Thing, for this very sensible statement. The horses (and other means of transport, including backpacks, as well) have been beaten to death. I'm ready to get an "Eternity" tattoo on my shoulder.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 04-29-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2357519;
    I've been trying to figure out my reaction to this season's drama. When I watch the arrival of Bevin in the first episode she seems very pleasant and attractive, and Andy seems to have a very positive initial reaction to her. As the story unfolds, Andy and Bevin seem to develop a strong mutual attraction. I have no favorites among the women, so, why then do I not have a more positive reaction to the romance developing between Andy and Bevin? When I watched the episodes again I discovered that as Bevin's character is revealed several aspects that I've not found particularly endearing have gradually emerged. In the very first episode she makes comments that seem focused on the competitive aspect of the situation, and though that may not be a bad way to approach this event, it planted a question in my mind about her motivation. When Bevin discovers that it is Peyton's birthday her response is "...that just means one less rose to give out and the competition's on." Also, when she sees Andy with another of the ladies during that first episode, she says, "Wait. Wait. Wait. He's sitting down with someone else now." In subsequent episodes, she begins to reveal a pouty almost childish side to her personality. At one point she says, "I haven't had any one-on-one time with him and I have to say I'm pretty damned bummed...I think I deserve a little one-on-one." She is jealous when Stephanie of-the-first-impression rose gets the first one-on-one date and not only expresses her jealousy, but adds, "...let's just hope that she gets seasick." Funny, but not very nice. A victim-type mentality also seems evident when she gets injured and cries, "Why does it always have to happen to me? ... Why does it have to be me that's hurt?" Also, later, when she returns from the hospital with her coveted rose she makes a point of informing the others that she also got a beautiful watch. Maybe she did not intend it to seem like gloating, but when she passed the watch around for all to admire her action could be interpreted that way. Still later in that episode, even though she had already received the rose, the watch, and alone time with Andy at the hospital, she laments, "I didn't get any one-on-one time. I feel like the dud of the party." Then, of course, in the last episode to air, there is the melt-down in Tahoe. Her actions can be attributed to the injury, stress, and lack of sleep. But justifiable or not her actions, from the pouty response to Andy's question to her tearful breakdown, come across as an immature display for a 28-year-old ,independent, strong woman. I think that some of the negative impact of that scene could have been mitigated by seeing Bevin apologize to the other women for disrupting the date. Whether or not she apologized we don't know. What we do know is that we did not see an apology. Editing or reality? I don't know, but if Andy and Bevin are to emerge from this as the love story I'd like to see, I hope they will begin showing Bevin in a more positive light, and not someone who declares that no one there is a friend and no one can be trusted, after several of the women there displayed what I consider acts of kindness and friendship in helping her to prepare for her meltdown date. Whew! My apologies for the extended post.
    dondiego, thank you for your thoughts. I do think that it illustrates the problem many of us have in thinking about Bevin (tvBevin) as the F1. I really dont think she will be F1 and certainly not without Fleiss showing us quite a rehabilitation vis a vis her interactions with the other women. That means I need to see the rehab happening beginning with tomorrow nights' episode. When she is alone with Andy, there is no real need for her to be insecure or catty. I've got to start seeing it tomorrow night, before the women seperate for pretty much the rest of the show.

Whatever you think about the Million Dollar Smile Man, you have to give him a salute for having done a good job of seperating the wheat from the chaff.
    miss thing I couldnt agree more. If what Fleiss wants are engagements at FRC's then he ought to hire Andy to attend every first rose ceremony cocktail party (secretly off screen if need be) and advise every bachelor on who to keep for the first 15. The guy has "decent babe" radar. It 's like a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2357840;
    Right Ariel~ Besides, that is Nicole in back of her, and she left already. This is from the boot camp show. . . .
    Thank you Ariel and i<3 - I didn't realize that. Do we know that the break in is at the time of the RC ?

Also I was thinking that Andy wants to keep Danielle hidden because of the gossip/harrassment that Amber endures. The one they perceive in the lead sometimes getsrumors started about them etc.

FORT Fan

I think one thing that has come from all the many views and possible interpretations of the clues that is good is that eveyone now seems to realize that nothing is proven yet. At the beginning of the week the majority were speaking as if everything were a foregone conclusion, proven without a doubt. I think everybody's different perspectives and the different potential explanations of screencaps and interviews and the edits has proven without a doubt that nothing is proven yet. Personally, that makes it much more fun to watch for me!