Page 5 of 425 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Andy needs to keep more than one girl around so of course he is going to tell them things they want to hear. I feel he picked Tessa first at the last RC so she would know that he does want her there b/c she was the one questioning it. Bevin already knew she was staying IMO.
    I think he panics at the thought that they will all jump ship ( ) due to the pressures of being put in one suite (thank you Fleiss) or the pressures of having to compete for a man's attention. And yeah - he totally picked Tessa first to send her a message. But why not pick Bevin second? That was suprising. Was it a message for her not to be too cocky? Or a message to the others that they too have a chance (ie dont jump off of my ship.) Do you think the order is as it was, or is it edited to be the way the producers want? I have noticed the girls seem to be far , far away from him as they wait. Is that to obscure roses that have been given? So they can play with the order later?

Remember as of Monday night (show Time) Andy did not have the "shocking" news that one of them will reveal. If it is what we think it is (Bevin being divorced) it might just be a total buzz kill. I don't see real passion with Bevin, when they are together it just looks forced and uncomfortable...with Tessa I see caring. TPTB may be trowing us off, but we don't get any hugging couch pictures of Tessa and Andy like we see him with everyone else...why?, maybe they are saving the real romance for the dinner date and from there on out it will be too obvious to ignore?

confused

Quote Originally Posted by chucksmiles;2349860;
    Remember as of Monday night (show Time) Andy did not have the "shocking" news that one of them will reveal. If it is what we think it is (Bevin being divorced) it might just be a total buzz kill. I don't see real passion with Bevin, when they are together it just looks forced and uncomfortable...with Tessa I see caring. TPTB may be trowing us off, but we don't get any hugging couch pictures of Tessa and Andy like we see him with everyone else...why?, maybe they are saving the real romance for the dinner date and from there on out it will be too obvious to ignore?
    I think Andy looks uncomfortable with Tessa too for that matter. I thought he seemed a little more comfortable with Bevin than with any of the girls. I just haven't seen "the look" from him yet when it comes to Tessa, but I think it is going to come soon. Yes Bevin's news could make or break it, but if it really does why keep her to the final 2? We know he does that. Maybe he thinks she won't be hurt as badly as some of the other girls?? I am hoping TPTB are throwing us off completely and it is not Tessa or Bevin, but I know that won't happen. Forget this great love story.. I want something shocking. I know most people will disagree. LOL

I am still hoping that TPTB are messing with us over this helicopter picture. I hope it is from one of the fantasy dates and the final two have still yet to be determined. Would they do that?

Is Fleiss messing with the edit...I truly doubt it. We are talking Fleiss here. He is editing the shows this season to follow one of the tried and true formulas from previous seasons and because at the end of this season he has a live functional couple , everyone is paying closer attention than the last couple when the ratings plopped.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by crazylikeafox;2349417;
    Tessa is just too obvious guys.
    Remember last season when nice girl Sadie was sent packing, and PLo picked smoochy smoochy Jen? Until I read the spoilers, I was sure it was going to be Sadie because she, like Tessa, seemed nicer and more genuine. I think TPTB are up to their old tricks.

F2: Tessa and Bevin
    F1: Bevin

A few things: Just how much of the show is scripted? I used to think it was truly a "reality" show, but I don't anymore. I agree with others - I think Andy is really cute & nice : ) -- probably because I married a military medical officer and went to the Far East (of course I was homesick!). I can identify somewhat to the life this lady will be leading.

I'll pulling for anyone but Bevin. My own personal opinion. She is being shown in editing as whiny and self-centered. When Andy was carrying her to the room, she had such a smug look on her face. I think she thinks she has this won. Would the producers really be THIS obvious???

When Nicole said goodbye to Andy Monday night, she and Andy talked for a while. They were both smiling. I got the impression she wasn't "crushed" and I thought when they showed her breaking down, it was all an act. I really think they were good buds and he liked having her around. But they just didn't "click" romantically. I liked Nicole too!

So. . . how much are these people coached, advised, whatever, so the show will look good?

I am still hoping that TPTB are messing with us over this helicopter picture. I hope it is from one of the fantasy dates and the final two have still yet to be determined. Would they do that?
    Rachael, yes they would, remember they havn't put in the show alot of the screencaps they have given us on the previews.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

When Andy first takes Bevin over to sit on the couch during dinner at Tahoe, there is a very peculiar voice over of Andy, just after he asks Bevin about her crutches and brace.

"She's been such a trooper. But I feel like the wall of protection that she has put up is starting to crumble down."

This is Fleissmeister at his best! We know Bevin hasn't put up walls. :nono
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

FORT Fogey

He gets help from production in the order of the roses, I am sure. Clearly the first rose for Tessa was agreed upon. Bevin getting the last rose was for drama or a message to the other women that he has not chosen her to be favored despite his attention to her.

Bevin, no matter what has transpired, is not getting a good edit. Andy is as uncomfortable as the women so his choice to go to Bevin was logical. There was a reason, he is a doctor and something to talk about, etc. It made sense with the lights glaring and camera in his face. It is easy to snuggle one who is injured and to give caring attention especially if the woman is forward, which Bevin is.

Fleiss is not known for creative editing to throw off the internet detectives. They have a formula and I see it in play now. Bevin, the front runner, or so they are promoting is one not favored by viewers because of her edit.

He appeared uncomfortable with Tessa but their story is just begining and there is always editing. There had to be a reason Tessa asked to go if he had already made his choice. They have had time together we have not seen.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by giggletink17;2349874;
    Remember last season when nice girl Sadie was sent packing, and PLo picked smoochy smoochy Jen? Until I read the spoilers, I was sure it was going to be Sadie because she, like Tessa, seemed nicer and more genuine. I think TPTB are up to their old tricks.

F2: Tessa and Bevin
    F1: Bevin
    Could be ... BUT unlike Bevin, Jen wasn't painted with a single bad stroke all season. The very worst of her edit was the bit about her dad and his guns. (And she came across as a bit daft to me, but meh whatever.) The very worst of Sarah Stone's edit was her 900-millionth time saying, "He is so perfect for me." (And her Tootie-Tah song.)

Not at all the kind of character degradation the editing has heaped on Bevin. (The way I've seen it -- whiney, needy, overtly aggressive, dismissive of Andy's goals, and possibly a faker.)

TPTB may show several of the women to be likeable, but they NEVER edit a "winner" to be so unpopular. It's hard, in a typical season, to guess who it is but easier to guess who it ISN'T.