Page 424 of 425 FirstFirst ... 324374414415416417418419420421422423424425 LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4247

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2433004;
    Tessa got the last rose at F3. But I dont think any of it mattered. She knew she would keep getting those roses. She knew. I think she knew by the fantasy date that she would get the final rose. Her looks of concern at the RCs were for Andy and what he was going through. And also ,of course , for the other women. Those ceremonies are hell, even if you know you have a one on one rose. And the Amber meltdown just proved it. The other three were in shock.
    I think she knew but still had those moments of doubt in the back of her mind. She said in the PI after the FRC that she was really nervous but kept reminding herself that he had to feel it because it felt so right to her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel;2433015;
    You're probably right. But she was also a prize for TPTB. They needed this relationship to work. Since she was so "uneasy" with the whole process, I imagine they did not want to make it worse by stressing her out at the RC.
    I agree, they weren't going to play any games with Tessa!
    One thing that I still wonder about, and maybe I've missed the discussion but what was with those dog tags? They never really answered any questions except what was on them. Why did Andy and Tessa have them on during the "love talk" and not during the family time of the hometown date? Obviously they must have significant meaning since both then were wearing them after the proposal. I would love to know what they symbolized. Did Andy wear them on the fd as a signal? When did he get Tessa's set back since there's no way she could have brought her set to the frc? Anyone hear any answers to any of these? I'm wondering if the meaning was so significant that they had to edit it out because otherwise we would know the decision was made early on.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2433025;
    I agree, they weren't going to play any games with Tessa!
    One thing that I still wonder about, and maybe I've missed the discussion but what was with those dog tags? They never really answered any questions except what was on them. Why did Andy and Tessa have them on during the "love talk" and not during the family time of the hometown date? Obviously they must have significant meaning since both then were wearing them after the proposal. I would love to know what they symbolized. Did Andy wear them on the fd as a signal? When did he get Tessa's set back since there's no way she could have brought her set to the frc? Anyone hear any answers to any of these? I'm wondering if the meaning was so significant that they had to edit it out because otherwise we would know the decision was made early on.

I don't think they ever talked about it other than to explain where they got them & what was written on them. He probably did wear them for her benefit. It seemed that he was always whispering short responses of reassurances to her. Like he tried to disguise the "yes" with a kiss during the final date when she was concerned that he knew her to be true. I think he was trying to show her in every way possible that he was committed and just needing her to commit. Hence he tells her that "she" has a big decision to make tonight.

To clarify, I meant he didn't say please after the "Amazing, Pretty Woman" date. Although he did after Tahoe and she was picked first. I watched the Aircraft Carrier scene and he doesn't say it there but he does say "Tessa you will accept this rose." Then after Tahoe and after she told him if he already knows what he wants she doesn't want to get hurt, he says please. Then next ceremony he doesn't. But from then on he does say please, even when they are joking around on the fantasy date with the sushi, so that right there tells me they had some underlying signal. She was picked last at F3 or F2 (when he picked Bevin and Tessa to be final 2), but if you notice before he says Bevin's name he looks at Tessa 2 or 3 times and then when he does ask Tessa last he most definitely says please.

As for the other girls hearing it and having to know, you would definitely think so. That is why I think so many of them knew it was Tessa all along, except Bevin of course but I think she was little blinded by her infatuation.

As for the dog tags, I think he had the producers get Tessa's from her room after she left so they would be there at the FRC, because I have analyzed her walking down and they don't appear to be stuffed anywhere in her hand, dress, etc. But they are most definitely there at the end on the table and during PI of them both after. I definitely think there is meaning in Andy wearing them on the final date, I think there is meaning from both of them wearing them. They are obvioulsly very important to both of them.

"It seemed that he was always whispering short responses of reassurances to her. Like he tried to disguise the "yes" with a kiss during the final date when she was concerned that he knew her to be true. I think he was trying to show her in every way possible that he was committed and just needing her to commit." - I couldn't agree more. When she is leaving the Arizona Memorial, he whispers something to her after they hug, then she walks away and turns back and he gives her a little wave and grin. Then at his home after he puts her in the car, he blows her a kiss. And they are constantly finishing each others sentences. Especially on that final date on the beach. Where she is says its just right with him and she feels like - Andy says just beginning - Tessa finishes by saying an amazing adventure just on the brim. And then when he tells her she has a big decision to make, I felt like they had previously discussed.
    Last edited by Lifeisgood2; 06-07-2007 at 03:10 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2432958;

What I want to know in relation to that is... HOW could the other girls hear that every single RC and not think something was up?? I mean, they're all smart ladies, wouldn't the wheels be turning in your head that he said that to her and not you??? I know they'd be turning in my head if I heard that!
    I agree with you totally. I always find myself wondering if the other women were just so nervous they didn't notice, or what. You would think they would have had a clue, but then, we also know Tessa gave Andy a peppermint patty each time she saw him, and surely they picked up on that, also.

BTW...absolutely love your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Di24;2433083;
    we also know Tessa gave Andy a peppermint patty each time she saw him
    Something else we never saw during the show. If you aren't on this site and don't watch any follow-up interviews, there's an awful lot you miss that they edit out.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2433199;
    Something else we never saw during the show. If you aren't on this site and don't watch any follow-up interviews, there's an awful lot you miss that they edit out.
    Yep...that's a fact. And I'm going to throw a hint out there to those of you that have, like myself, tried to sneak to watch the taped episodes (well, 100 times or so) so your DH's wouldn't think you were nuts....mine finally caught me enough times to call me on it...I told him about how there were all these sleuthers out there and all this stuff that is not really what it appears to be and hints from other VIP forters that you could look for, and all of a sudden mine is like...well, if I'd known it was like a mystery, I would have totally understood. He's ready for next season so he can try to beat us all. (they think they are so smart, geesh!!) All I showed him were a few "Andy shirts" in the wrong place and explained VO's, and he is ready to solve all the problems of the world. If I had only known that was the approach to take (and you'd think I'd have known that after 32 years of marriage) I sure could have saved myself a lot of sneaking around.

Yikes...I think I am picking up Tessa's "like" but I do want credit for avoiding the word "amazing" in this post.
    Last edited by Di24; 06-07-2007 at 08:16 PM.

quality not quantity

Perhaps this has been asked here or elsewhere and I missed it, but as I was reading above about the York Peppermint Patties I suddenly wondered where and how Tessa got them, seeing as the ladies supposedly have no contact with "the outside world." Help from the producers/crew?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Di24;2433335;
    Yep...that's a fact. And I'm going to throw a hint out there to those of you that have, like myself, tried to sneak to watch the taped episodes (well, 100 times or so) so your DH's wouldn't think you were nuts....mine finally caught me enough times to call me on it...I told him about how there were all these sleuthers out there and all this stuff that is not really what it appears to be and hints from other VIP forters that you could look for, and all of a sudden mine is like...well, if I'd known it was like a mystery, I would have totally understood. He's ready for next season so he can try to beat us all. (they think they are so smart, geesh!!) All I showed him were a few "Andy shirts" in the wrong place and explained VO's, and he is ready to solve all the problems of the world. If I had only known that was the approach to take (and you'd think I'd have known that after 32 years of marriage) I sure could have saved myself a lot of sneaking around.

Yikes...I think I am picking up Tessa's "like" but I do want credit for avoiding the word "amazing" in this post.
    Ohhhh, so *that* is how we get our husbands to watch the show with us. I could totally see explaining it to my husband that way and him wanting to solve it all first.

Man, I can't tell you how much I wished I'd found this site many seasons ago. I used to pick up on pics during the premiere episode montage, but had no idea the lengths everyone went to based on them.

I am soooo looking forward to next season and participating here! I'm sure it won't be as fun as this season was, but I hope they find someone good enough to keep the ratings up so we'll get another chance at watching another 'love story'.

soccermomI assume she brought them with her. They arent exactly contraband. I know they are not allowed to have diversions: books, tv, dvds. But candy? I think that would be ok. It was a great idea actually.