Page 419 of 425 FirstFirst ... 319369409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425 LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4247

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

  1. #4181
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2430427;
    Well said! I can be skeptical myself (and naive at other times ) but I see NOTHING fake in their relationship. Long term, who knows? Engagements in the real world sometimes don't work out, so it's WAY TOO SOON to know if they'll actually get married, but in my wildest imagination I do not see this being a set-up of any kind. I think they're very happy and I actually believe Tessa will move to Hawaii and find out if they're really meant to be together. I wish them the best together and individually (as well as Bevin, who appears to have moved on nicely and will have a rich life herself).
    While you are totally on the mark about the reality of engagements in the "real world" somehow I see this couple making definite plans like Trista/Ryan which seems to work better in keeping engaged couples together. I could be wrong but I just have that feeling. They have already expressed that he wants Navy wedding, she wants Beach wedding (combo would be awesome and breathtakingly beautiful) and in interviews they keep talking about families getting together to help them with planning. This is what T/R did before they set a date. This keeps engaged couples on track, whereas when they move in together but don't start planning, dreaming or thinking about the wedding (Andrew/Jen; Meredith/Ian) things tend to fall apart. JMO. Like I said, I could be totally wrong it wouldn't be the first time. LOL.

  2. #4182
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2430908;
    While you are totally on the mark about the reality of engagements in the "real world" somehow I see this couple making definite plans like Trista/Ryan which seems to work better in keeping engaged couples together. I could be wrong but I just have that feeling. They have already expressed that he wants Navy wedding, she wants Beach wedding (combo would be awesome and breathtakingly beautiful) and in interviews they keep talking about families getting together to help them with planning. This is what T/R did before they set a date. This kees engaged couples on track, whereas when they move in together but don't start planning, dreaming or thinking about the wedding (Andrew/Jen; Meredith/Ian) things tend to fall apart. JMO. Like I said, I could be totally wrong it wouldn't be the first time. LOL.
    I've had the impression from the interviews that they weren't planning the wedding any time soon. They kept talking about falling in love again in the real world. I totally agree with your statement about moving in together without planning the wedding and things tending to fall apart. Of course, I'm sure there are many out there who've managed it another way, but for me that wouldn't work - I would want the scenario you described.

  3. #4183
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2430935;
    I've had the impression from the interviews that they weren't planning the wedding any time soon. They kept talking about falling in love again in the real world. I totally agree with your statement about moving in together without planning the wedding and things tending to fall apart. Of course, I'm sure there are many out there who've managed it another way, but for me that wouldn't work - I would want the scenario you described.
    I didn't say they were "planning it" like dates, exact plans etc, but they were expressing ideas and dreams for a wedding which is the first step to planning it and a good sign that this couple is on the road towards marriage and not idling in the garage. That is what I meant. I am also aware that Andy said "we go in baby steps, remember?" in the ATFR but they are making steps toward the goal even if they are small ones. That is what I was trying to say, not that they are planning the wedding in a sense of knowing where, when, how etc. Sorry for my confusing post I am not 100% today.

  4. #4184
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    They cant get married for two years if they want a private wedding. Otherwise - it will have to be televised. I imagine they will have a rather long engagement as a result.

  5. #4185
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2431078;
    They cant get married for two years if they want a private wedding. Otherwise - it will have to be televised. I imagine they will have a rather long engagement as a result.
    In the normal course of events, I'd agree with you. However, these are people driven by external causes, as well. Recently, I attended a wedding where the couple spoke at length (but all to good effect) after the immediate ceremony, but before anyone was 'released' for the reception, regarding a specific cause that brought them together.

    I can definitely see Andy, Tessa, and ABC all getting together and agreeing on a platform to further a confined set of altruistic goals.

    I can also see them (if they last as a couple, which I hope they do) wanting nothing to do with anyone else prying in their business, ever again.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  6. #4186
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2430973;
    I didn't say they were "planning it" like dates, exact plans etc, but they were expressing ideas and dreams for a wedding which is the first step to planning it and a good sign that this couple is on the road towards marriage and not idling in the garage. That is what I meant. I am also aware that Andy said "we go in baby steps, remember?" in the ATFR but they are making steps toward the goal even if they are small ones. That is what I was trying to say, not that they are planning the wedding in a sense of knowing where, when, how etc. Sorry for my confusing post I am not 100% today.
    I understand what you meant now, and agree. I always take it as a good sign that those things are being bantered around by them. sorry you're not 100% today - I feel like that most days, but I hope it's nothing bad.

  7. #4187
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    256

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Bama...I'm speechless. You are brilliant and put it in words so nicely for those of us less adept. I have watched every season of TB and this is the only one where I pegged the "chosen" (I don't like the word winner) from the premier. Between the wonderfully stupid muffin joke to their time on the porch talking about her Mom's experience on the Inca trail. It always seemed so totally obvious, that I got my self in a knot because it seemed TOO obvious. It just couldn't be that simple, then as the show continued...Cinderella date...etc...it seemed even more clear. Don't get me wrong, I had some problems trying to figure out the connection with Bevin, and the super sleuths freaked me out with their predictions, but I could never quite let go of the fact that, well, not to be redundant, but it seemed so darn obvious. TPTB kept me guessing, that's for sure, so they got their dollars worth. The final thing that absolutely, totally convinced me it was Tessa didn't come until he left Tessa (on the final date) crying. So...even then... sure as I was...I couldn't let go of that little tiny bit of doubt. I suspect that's exactly where Fleiss wanted us...we desperately wanted the fairy tale, were pretty sure we would get it...but......

  8. #4188
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    I love this site (after lurking for many seasons) and enjoy following all the sluething that goes on. I can't get over how good some of you people are!
    I must say (not being much of a technical sluether) I've had a great track record with the final girls, but really only go on body language, eye contact and such. It was so evident that Andy was crazy about Tessa, but the evil Fliess twists and turns everything around to create as much doubt as possible.
    I'd love to know if TB producers pay any attention to this, and another select site - they could really learn a few things in improving the show.

  9. #4189
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    475

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Di24;2431149;
    Bama...I'm speechless. You are brilliant and put it in words so nicely for those of us less adept. I have watched every season of TB and this is the only one where I pegged the "chosen" (I don't like the word winner) from the premier. Between the wonderfully stupid muffin joke to their time on the porch talking about her Mom's experience on the Inca trail. It always seemed so totally obvious, that I got my self in a knot because it seemed TOO obvious. It just couldn't be that simple, then as the show continued...Cinderella date...etc...it seemed even more clear. Don't get me wrong, I had some problems trying to figure out the connection with Bevin, and the super sleuths freaked me out with their predictions, but I could never quite let go of the fact that, well, not to be redundant, but it seemed so darn obvious. TPTB kept me guessing, that's for sure, so they got their dollars worth. The final thing that absolutely, totally convinced me it was Tessa didn't come until he left Tessa (on the final date) crying. So...even then... sure as I was...I couldn't let go of that little tiny bit of doubt. I suspect that's exactly where Fleiss wanted us...we desperately wanted the fairy tale, were pretty sure we would get it...but......
    I couldn't agree with you more, Di24. I, too, pegged Tessa that first night after listening to the Inca Trail story and watching the expressions on both their faces. Because it was so early in the process, neither one of them had their guard up and their faces showed their true emotions ... just sheer incredulous joy at finding someone who struck a nerve in each other. And I, too, struggled with the same obstacle week after week ... it can't be Tessa because it's too obvious ... and, as we got to know her better, it can't be Tessa because she's too good of a match for Andy. The master sleuthers' support for Bevin and their outstanding success rate could not be ignored, but, ultimately, no one other than Tessa made any sense to me.

  10. #4190
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    475

    Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2431082;
    In the normal course of events, I'd agree with you. However, these are people driven by external causes, as well. Recently, I attended a wedding where the couple spoke at length (but all to good effect) after the immediate ceremony, but before anyone was 'released' for the reception, regarding a specific cause that brought them together.

    I can definitely see Andy, Tessa, and ABC all getting together and agreeing on a platform to further a confined set of altruistic goals.

    I can also see them (if they last as a couple, which I hope they do) wanting nothing to do with anyone else prying in their business, ever again.
    The likelihood of a televised wedding has been on my mind lately ever since the Competitor Radio interview aired. After listening to that interview, I realized how unmaterialistic both Tessa and Andy are, yet they are realistic and pragmatic. They know that it takes money to be able to live out their dreams of being philanthropic ... yet they each have jobs that do not compensate them well enough to live out their dreams. Andy is using his newfound fame to promote his charities, as well as to seek more sponsors for his triathlon endeavours, but that will only last as long as public interest continues which can be fickle.

    Accepting a large nest egg from ABC for televising their wedding and investing it wisely will ensure that they can live out their lives holding true to their ideals ... having a large family, Tessa staying home to raise the kids, establishing an endowment fund to sponsor humanitarian activities, etc. I think the sensible pragmatic side of them may push them to seriously consider an offer. The fact that Andy was able to hold his own against Fleiss and not let himself be produced bodes well for a Fleiss-produced wedding. Andy will not be a push-over for his own wedding. I'm sure he's going to hold his ground (as long as he gets a good attorney to review his contract ). Fleiss knows he's got a cash cow in Tessa and Andy, so if they have demands, he's going to pay serious attention to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.