Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me;2424495;
    When he said goodbye to Tessa, he left, but she was still holding his hand (his body was out the door, but his hand was still lingering in Tessa's.) - I can't describe it - just watch
    I did notice that and Tessa lingered by the door as well. We already know the inconsistencies with the editing but this one I think takes the cake. After Andy read the letter and Tessa was emotional (its obvious when she does- her voice cracks and becomes almost inaudible), it was cut to them at the top of the bed and the frame was already out of the bag (nice touch, truly tropical) then next scene was he wiped his eyes and pulled out the frame from the bag. I think they were both emotional after Tessa finally said her feelings for Andy. I think so much more conversation was exchanged there and was probably telling. I think the letter was all he needed to make that decision and add the collage just made it so much better.

Have there been a bachelorette who made personalized gifts before? I dont remember. I think Tessa was the first one and I think for someone to make something like that you have to pour your heart and soul into making it and like she said she didnt want to tell him that if it wasnt real to her. Oh wait Sadie did, too bad PLo didnt seem to have appreciated it. Anyone else?

I did notice a lot of repeat clothes this season. The top that Tessa wore to the family date was the same one she wore when she and Peyton got their date box for the 2-1 date. The blue jacket too was used for Tahoe and her hometown date. Its usually a no-no but I find it refreshing that Tessa doesnt seem to be bothered by it. Its the least of her concern to repeat clothes. I really like how she dresses.

Secret you are not the only one, I remember her clothes too

If you notice when they say their goodbyes, he says something to her, but (damn editing!) cuts it off to a VO, so I could never find out exactly what was said.
    I wanted to know too since it seems like Andy whispered something to Tessa which he masked with a kiss to her cheek then said something which she seemed to have replied to. There are so many of these and it just makes you so curious to know. LOL
    Last edited by rainysummer; 05-31-2007 at 11:54 AM.

FORT Fan

on scoreonemore4me' s avatar on post #4116 is a picture that with all my hours and hours and hours of being online, and watching and re-watching the episodes, i don't remember ever seeing?? can anyone tell me where that pic was shown?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2426696;
    on scoreonemore4me' s avatar on post #4116 is a picture that with all my hours and hours and hours of being online, and watching and re-watching the episodes, i don't remember ever seeing?? can anyone tell me where that pic was shown?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoreonemore4me;2426687;
    Thanks guys! My avatar is from a promo picture that was taken after the F4 RC.
    she answered in the avatar file.
    Last edited by MomLady; 05-31-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2426696;

that's a promo picture from the finale. she posted it in the avatar thread
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

On the subject of clothes, did anyone notice Tessa's dress in the F3 RC was the dress Stephanie (first impression rose girl, was she SC?) wore in the first encounters?

Quote Originally Posted by rainysummer;2425942;
    I wanted to know too since it seems like Andy whispered something to Tessa which he masked with a kiss to her cheek then said something which she seemed to have replied to. There are so many of these and it just makes you so curious to know. LOL
    I know, a lot of times A/T talk about things that were never shown and I really want to know what happened then. Too bad we'll never get "deleted scenes" or "unaired footage".

FORT Fogey

Fleiss missed a great opportunity this season to totally mess up ALL the sluethers. He should have, early on showed a screen cap of Andy receiving the watch from Bevin, then later on showed the watch on his wrist during the frc. Who would have thought that he would have worn it it to reject her? I'm sure that clue would have been jumped on immediately, just like the dog tags. Fleiss could have had a totally surprise ending!

TN mom you are absolutely right. Which is why I dont think that Fleiss does things because of us. He just edits in a way to confuse all the regular viewers. We are just a tiny blip on his radar.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2427096;
    TN mom you are absolutely right. Which is why I dont think that Fleiss does things because of us. He just edits in a way to confuse all the regular viewers. We are just a tiny blip on his radar.
    But he did change things up this season: When Andy said Tessa was "wife material" that usually means she's a goner. Tessa was on the left side. - what else this season got changed up?

I think now it's going to be more exciting sleuthing since we can't rely on Fleiss doing it the same way now. Was this just a little nod to us?

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2424606;
    My favorite date was the Cinderella date. That's when I could see the joy in Andy's eyes. He was ecstatic just to be sitting with her alone. The PI afterwards when he spoke of his "blissful state" just about did me in.

Same here, pajamasam. I saw definite serious interest in Tessa on the helicopter 2 on 1 with Peyton, but the Cinderella date sealed the deal for me! He couldn't get enough of her...he was smitten beyond belief!

FORT Regular

Wondering if someone could help me out here with the editing on Tessa's last night before the FRC.
    On the Final Date with Andy, we know that Tessa tells him "I am in love with you," two times.
    The first time we hear/see it is when they're sitting at the foot of the bed (before opening the collage) and Tessa seems to be in pretty strong emotional control while saying it.
    "I found myself totally and completely falling in love with you..." Tessa goes on to say (as she really looks deep into Andy's eyes) "that this is totally and completly real to me...because I can't pretend...(kiss)
    Then we get another shot of them this time at the Top of the Bed.
    Tessa says (even with more feeling) "I'm in love with you and I want to be here tomorrow. I want to stay tomorrow and I want to stay with you...I love you." This is all said with really strong emotions.
    Then we get Andy's, "I love you Tessa Horst," and they get pretty passionate
    and then have Tessa's VO of her putting "everything out on the line."
    Can anyone clear up why Fliess had these "i love you's" so chopped up between Andy and Tessa.
    I certainly don't mind the extra declaration to Andy, but maybe someone can explain if the sequence really played out this way, or is it out of order?