Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;2400975;
    I see it, but wow congrats on noticing it.

I'll see if I can play with Photoshop to get a clear shot of the horizon.

ETA:
    Sorry, Zao, but you're incorrect. Again, I suggest taking a look at the picture of Tessa and Andy and putting them side by side. The camera is at the very same angle but it's just a closer shot. And you'll clearly see that the horizon line is above their heads. The lines that you've deepened are strictly distorted wave patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by braungirl
    Seeing these two pictures together makes me think I am wrong now, but I swear I see different shades of blue and hints of pink. Gosh this is all so frustrating!! Thanks for putting these together for me.
    Braungirl... it's so easy to do. But the pink that you see is a reflection in the water. We're not saying it's not there... just that it's not sky.

Here's an example of the horizon and you'll see that there will be a noticeable difference in water/sky coloring even if it's earlier in the day. You don't see this type of seperation in the Bevin/Andy pic.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-18-2007 at 07:25 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Broadway you're my hero. Also if you look at the pic where Zao shows us the delineation, there is the same thing behind Bevin around the level of her nape. If this were water is would be more horizontal across. You guys are unbelievable. We don't have TiVo here, can't access the ABC board (do they think Canadians don't buy the same products as Americans) and so this is my only chance to really see the screencaps. Thanks for all the work everyone.

FORT Fan

Sorry, but that is not a line between sky and ocean...it is all sky. I live on the ocean, and they NEVER blend together so that it is not a distinct line.

FORT Fanatic

Braungirl... it's so easy to do. But the pink that you see is a reflection in the water. We're not saying it's not there... just that it's not sky.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambie;2400674;
    I think we are seeing both the ocean and the sky. It looks like there is a "line" next to Andy where you can see the different colors. Or maybe I'm seeing things because, seriously, I have stared at the computer way too much today.

I agree, in this picture, even though the background is blurred, there is sky and ocean. If you look closely you can see blurred images of clouds.

I admit I am a Bevin fan, but what about twilight haze? (where you can't tell the difference between the ocean and sky) when does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2401174;
    Sorry, Zao, but you're incorrect. Again, I suggest taking a look at the picture of Tessa and Andy and putting them side by side. The camera is at the very same angle but it's just a closer shot. And you'll clearly see that the horizon line is above their heads. The lines that you've deepened are strictly distorted wave patterns.

Here's an example of the horizon and you'll see that there will be a noticeable difference in water/sky coloring even if it's earlier in the day. You don't see this type of seperation in the Bevin/Andy pic.

As someone who is from the carribean this photograph would be of early morning the evening photograph would look like the one where tessa is in. Morning and evenings pictures are different so to me with and added avantage of watching the sun going down even when I visit another island I would say that Tessa is the winner and Bevin the runner up if we are going by the photographs

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2401434;
    I admit I am a Bevin fan, but what about twilight haze? (where you can't tell the difference between the ocean and sky) when does that happen?
    I have never seen an instance where I couldn't tell the difference between water and sky, in the absence of fog.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

not to disagree, but there was no fog the night that JFK Jr crashed. There can be twilight haze.

broadway,

i took the pic you have and cropped a section of the horizon, i magnified it to where close enough to the resolution i could get (blurry like in bev's pic) and i can see where the colors do start to blend.....no cosidering the lighting, sunset or not, i can see where the colors might come close together (reflections) i think the pic of bev and andy are of sky and water.....IMO.....