Page 3 of 425 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

One thing that keeps coming to my mind in regards to the editing of Dani is Ryan from Jen's season. I recall that he was one that many felt was "the one" and that the love story was being "hidden". The same with Tanya from Byron's season. Sometimes things appear "hidden" just because there isn't anything to show. Now, I'm not against Dani. In fact I wouldn't mind her winning but at this point I think too much is hidden for there to be something in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2349732;
    One thing that keeps coming to my mind in regards to the editing of Dani is Ryan from Jen's season. I recall that he was one that many felt was "the one" and that the love story was being "hidden". The same with Tanya from Byron's season. Sometimes things appear "hidden" just because there isn't anything to show. Now, I'm not against Dani. In fact I wouldn't mind her winning but at this point I think too much is hidden for there to be something in the end.
    I have to agree. I kept thinking there was this pattern of his spending time with the ones he wasn't sure of - and he was so sure of Danielle etc etc. But that in retrospect doesn't make any sense. He would want to spend time with the one he liked. Crazy thinking on my part. But also I was combining some of the past tricks Fleiss has used - some quirky looking pics of Tessa, the fact that Danielle was always on his right at the RC circle, and mainly I guess, that I liked Danielle - she just seemed calm and rational and sweet. Why wouldn't he like her ?? Now apparently there isn't much to her - she may be relying on fate too much - who knows ? The being homesick jumped out at me because I thot - how is she going to be happy in Hawaii - alone from her family but I was still in rationalizing mode ! I think we are probably going to see a better and more convincing side to the Tessa romance and that will make things better .....

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2349732;
    Sometimes things appear "hidden" just because there isn't anything to show. Now, I'm not against Dani. In fact I wouldn't mind her winning but at this point I think too much is hidden for there to be something in the end.
    I agree Dani isn't getting screentime (yet!) but she's not hidden to me as far a clues go, she has tons of clues pointing to a winner's edit:

*The "story" of a woman who loses love, is ready to love again, and finds love (very romantic and Fleiss is playing it up gradually).

*The psychic, all the mentions of fate by Dani and Andy

*Andy stating in a radio interview that the woman he chose is very strong--and then calling Dani strong in Tahoe and she turns and calls him a "gentleman."

*Andy stating that he felt a connection with her [b]the first night[.b] and he thought she felt the same way (To me, this means he hoped she did, or why would he say it. it also plays into the fate clue.)

Tessa, on the other hand (I also would be happy if she won, she's sweet!) is getting screen time but no "story" clues, that I can see anyway. Plus, she's reluctant and says she usually moves much slower. I'd say that if they bring up Tessa's reluctance once more, she will not be final one. There are no tie-ins to the inca trail story...I don't see her "story." I see Danielle's.

Tricky tricky Fleiss! He knows how to confuse us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2349761;
    But that in retrospect doesn't make any sense. He would want to spend time with the one he liked
    Cerese, I think we just aren't seeing his interactions (with a lot of the women). They only show us what they want to show us. I think he has spent a lot more time with Dani than we know...
    Last edited by marlap; 04-25-2007 at 08:36 AM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Cerese thanks for starting this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bach_neo;2349563;
    It sounds more like Tessa to me. Reminds me of his talk with her on epi 4 i the porch, when he said he knows they have a connection and he knows she may not see it, but he hopes she does. Which she did confirm, with his promise that he be honest with her throughout the whole process and not hurt her.
    Absolutely - it is Tessa all the way

Last night I watched the episode again and this is what I found - Fleiss and his Flunkies are totally playing with us and I for one, want out of the sandbox!

Andy talking to Tessa in Tahoe: "Um, I just hope that, that you, uh, cos I really feel a connection with you & I'm not just blowing smoke. I hope that you felt that the other night...I hope that you, you stick with it"

Andy to Bevin in Tahoe: "Hang in there". Bevin: "I'm trying" - He is wearing the grey sweater and black t-shirt. Cut directly to a private interview with Andy (wearing the same grey sweater and black t-shirt): "What I want to get across to her & encourage her to remain hopeful & stick with it. Please! Please! Please!"

Andy giving a private interview, while sitting in the snow (shown after his conversation with Tessa): "The person who makes me feel the most calm and at ease is Tessa" - cut directly to this voiceover: "I looked in her in the eyes & I saw the worry & the fear that she has with this journey & I've really just pleaded with her to stick with it".

Tessa: We know that she has expressed doubt and fears about getting hurt - right?

Bevin: She expressed doubt that Andy was not getting to really see who she is because she wasn't able to show her athletic side - but she hasn't, not even once said she thinks it would be easier to leave now.

So why would Fleiss try to fool us into thinking that Andy was begging Bevin to stick with it - I mean even a blind person could see that Bevin is in no way shape or form going to give up - makes no sense.

Think of it as a puzzle - the pieces can only fit one way - and these pieces form the puzzle that makes up Tessa's storyline

Thoughts???

FORT Fogey

I see what you are saying Marlap, but the storyline I see with Tessa is kind of like Ian's storyline. She came on this show for the adventure/fun and when she gets there she is blown away by how much she feels for Andy so quickly and the emotions that go along with it. The storyline is more of her coming to terms with her feelings and allowing them to grow and be revealed to Andy. It's also Andy growing in his feelings for her and realizing that she's the one as opposed to the hot immediate connection with Bevin. I'm fine with the Dani storyline also. This week I'm sure we will get some answers!

[QUOTE=Spoil Me;2349777;]
    Andy talking to Tessa in Tahoe: "Um, I just hope that, that you, uh, cos I really feel a connection with you & I'm not just blowing smoke. I hope that you felt that the other night...I hope that you, you stick with it"
    [QUOTE]

I don't know, Spoilme--I remember Mere telling Chad she would be honored to accept a ring from him and Chad being mad about it on the Men Tell All special--Mere practically admitted that they cajoled her into saying it--she knep saying how sorry she was and that it "was the show."

I don't think she should have, but that kind of thing does happen on the show.

He's also calling Bevin his "sanctuary" and telling Dani how "strong" she is...

In real life, he wouldn't be leading three women on like that--who knows which woman he really wants...

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2349785;
    I see what you are saying Marlap, but the storyline I see with Tessa is kind of like Ian's storyline. She came on this show for the adventure/fun and when she gets there she is blown away by how much she feels for Andy so quickly and the emotions that go along with it. The storyline is more of her coming to terms with her feelings and allowing them to grow and be revealed to Andy. It's also Andy growing in his feelings for her and realizing that she's the one as opposed to the hot immediate connection with Bevin. I'm fine with the Dani storyline also. This week I'm sure we will get some answers!
    I agree, that could be Tessa's story! Yes, we need more info!
    Last edited by marlap; 04-25-2007 at 08:48 AM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

confused

I do not think Danielle is in the final two because of the episode previews. I am pretty sure she is going to make it to the final 3. If she makes it there, why are they hiding her? At this point the normal viewer (that doesn't read spoilers) would be more likely to think that Amber or Stephanie would be the one who goes into the F3 with Tessa and Bevin. He told Stephanie he wants to meet her family. I would like to know how Danielle makes it to the final three when she's had much less time with Andy (at least from what we have seen) than Stephanie and Tessa. I keep thinking they are making it way to obvious that he picks Bevin. If he does why give her such a terrible edit? If Danielle is definitley out at F3 I now think Tessa is the one. I feel this because he really does not have as much to "explain" to Bevin as he would to one of the other girls. Yes, he did make comments to Tessa, Danielle and some others that the choosen girl may not like. But he's been all over Bevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;2349633;
    Fleiss has got to be LOVING this F6...he could hardly have found three girls that look so dang similar with their chameleon dirty-blondish hair colors if he had found triplets. Obviously there are slight differences if you really look at things, but the similarities between S/B/D in the three back pictures Wiccan posted to compare for the backpack picture are just remarkable!

No wonder we've had so many clips for the latter part of the season from the first week! Sure there've been some things that make it seem Bevin's nearly certainly F2 over the other two, but still...!

Between the gang of darker longish hair thin girls, then the other longer haired blondes (Erin, Catherine, Payton, etc.) and then the dishwater medium length girls, it was like he almost cast three separate but nearly identical groups this season!

Maybe we'll only get two 'groups' next season...Will it be short red hair girls and very curly blondes only so he can reveal even more images from the beginning that provide so dang many chances to argue for about a half a dozen girls for each shot? LOL
    Then they can change the name of the show to : The Amazing Surviving Bachelor Race.
    They already utilize the immunity rose at times. Why not put a little Jeff Probst and Phil Keogh in too? The girls could occassionally vote someone off and those that take take too long to get dressed or finish a physcial task --Like a tequilla cake bake off --get a penalty!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2349797;
    Why not put a little Jeff Probst and Phil Keogh in too? The girls could occassionally vote someone off and those that take take too long to get dressed or finish a physcial task --Like a tequilla cake bake off --get a penalty!

Kasha, LOVE IT!!! Too funny!
    Ain't Love Grand!

The ring debacle was with Matt. And oy, do I remember it well. It is the prime example of the forced manipulation of the F2 date. I wish she had found another way to make the producers happy. But they put alot of pressure on to make the ending a surprise to the viewers. And they had to counteract the scorching heat of Ian and Mer. Mer knew exactly who she was going to pick and Andy will as well. THat means he will have to knowingly lie to one of the F2 and lead her on. I suppose Lorenzo didnt have to do it cause he could have less at that point. But when you do love one, it's an awful part of the process to have to lie.

Matt was an idiot for complaining about it at the ATFR. He should have understood the arm twisting that the producers do and not aired his dirty laundry in public. He knew damn well what he had gotten himself in for. I lost any sympathy I had for him after that.

The one sleuthering type thing I can gain from reviewing this all is that Andy is lucky he has a physical connection to Bevin. It will help keep the average viewers thinking it could be her. Which will in and of itself satisfy the producers and take less pressure off of him to do what Meredith did.