Page 2 of 425 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2349497;
    I am a Bevin fan, I like them all but I think I am favoring Bevin, one of the rare few that are.

Any way I was just thinking if they were doing this officer and a gentleman and going as much of the movie, I was thinking, wasn't Debra Wingers character a little whinney and clingy type. (Not that I think Bevin is, I have a total different take on her than everyone else I think) Maybe thats what they are editing her in this way. I don't know just an idea that popped into my head.

Crazylikeafox, Dani is on the cateraman for her f3 date, Bevin is the hiking, waterfall, boat.

Bevin is in copter and hike picnic for f2 date.

Very good point! That may just be the reason for Bevin's edit.

ETA: I've never seen the movie, so what do I know

and let not forget all the factory workers (the Crew) cheered and clapped as he carried her away.
    Last edited by sueb1961; 04-25-2007 at 02:18 AM.

FORT Fan

Didn't somebody say Danielle's sister was at a function where Andy was at? Standing in for her sister maybe? Here's some interview quotes from Andy:

Baldwin admitted "there definitely were a lot [of girls] that stood out," which made the decision of who got the final rose even more difficult.

"It was very hard coming down to the end... my heart was getting pulled in numerous directions. I was feeling love towards a number of [the women]," said Baldwin. "That will come out. I really had to reach down into my heart and see who I have the deepest connection with, and I'm sure that will be hard for her to see, but I've been up front and talked with her about that. She's such an amazing person, she really understands that."

While he's "totally in love" with the woman who he chose, Baldwin said actually watching episodes of The Bachelor should be a revealing experience.

"I think we are going to see things that might be a little eye opening," he said. "But in the end, we know what the result was and we know how we feel about each other. Now it's really up to us to further our love for each other into the future."

I'm sorry but I'm convinced it's Bevin F3 Tessa F2 and Dani F1...time will tell.

FORT Fan

This:

"I really had to reach down into my heart and see who I have the deepest connection with, and I'm sure that will be hard for her to see, but I've been up front and talked with her about that. She's such an amazing person, she really understands that."

This says Dani to me, I don't see Tessa or Bevin being that "understanding"

okay about the editting... and i'm knew to this so i might totally be wrong...

let's compare our supposed f3 girls.

bevin: her editting is getting really bad, and is close to (if not yet) crossing the line of not winning. especially with this episode, we see how while everyone can get ready, she can't. the look on her face with the RC. and next week's preview of her stealing the date away at the yacht. So unless they can do MAJOR repair to her image (maybe, say helping out with the school, showing her the most?), she's not going win. no one wants to root for a whiner. i know she's a cool person, but the editting they're giving her is really bad.

danielle: there has yet to be ANYTHING substantial about them. i pretty sure we all see these subtle clues b/c we dissect everything to the nth degree. however, keep in mind the average viewer i'm guessing doesn't see anything there. then, not sure if you guys see this or not. but she's also getting a semi-bad edit. first, by association with nicole and steph w about bevin she looks bad. then next week's preview showed her jealous side, when she says something along the lines of: "it's bevin and andy's date again" on the yacht. HOWEVER, her editting is still good. she's not quite unflattering...yet. so she still has a shot.

tessa (my favorite): she's also been hit with a bad light. 1) two times asking andy to reassure her and her reassessing her feelings MAY come off as needy, depending on how you look at it. 2) rolling her eyes when andy picked steph t last RC, 3)and if you noticed when amber was talking about her date with andy BOTH tessa AND danielle were rolling their eyes. Just watch it again. Then again, the edittign is not that bad. payton thought of her as a friend. then who was there to help bevin? everyone was, but we actually SEE/HEAR tessa comforting her. and who was one of the few they DIDN'T show talking about bevin and "milking" her injury? tessa.

in conclusion, unless tptb plan to do major repair and spend the next weeks really making bevin look better. she's gone. i can't see typical america rooting for her. i still think tessa and danielle have great chance.

another question. why are we POSITIVE that tessa is at least f2? i know it says horseback riding. but is there any chance that could've been an F3 date that was also horseback riding. i want to be positive that tessa is f2. can someone confirm?

p.s. i loved the end of the show, when tessa fell and laughed at herself.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylikeafox;2349535;
    This:

"I really had to reach down into my heart and see who I have the deepest connection with, and I'm sure that will be hard for her to see, but I've been up front and talked with her about that. She's such an amazing person, she really understands that."

This says Dani to me, I don't see Tessa or Bevin being that "understanding"
    It sounds more like Tessa to me. Reminds me of his talk with her on epi 4 i the porch, when he said he knows they have a connection and he knows she may not see it, but he hopes she does. Which she did confirm, with his promise that he be honest with her throughout the whole process and not hurt her.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;2349411;
    Agreed. This is the edit that has been chosen for her. Even the previews had her hanging all over him again. Danielle complaining--and Tessa on the boat this time. Hopefully she gives him an icy stare when he comes back in from the rowboat ride.
    If Fleiss is going to rehab Bevin as his winner he'd better get moving! My wife has threatened to hurl the remote at the T.V. if Bevin wins! Is this the outcome Fleiss wants?! Either he's holding Tessa in reserve, he's going to rehabilitate Bevin big time, or he's a nut! All are possible.
    But he has a Cinderella story dropped in his lap and he decides to rewrite the script where Cinderella is a whiny, manipulative, attention-hog or she doesn't win despite the spoilers that says she does.

Cheering for Romantic... You hit the nail on the head... I know that the "obvious" story is that Bevin wins it all, but with only a few dates to go, AND a divorce to spill, there is just not way to rehabilitate the Bevin trainwreck. If Bevin wins TOO many people will hate Andy, and from Fleiss' perspective Andy's the most beloved bachelor of all time.

You have to always remember that we are not seeing the same people that Andy is seeing. We are only seeing the Fleissian version. By getting so caught up in the edited version, Fleiss is manipulating us to feel as he dictates about each character.

We do not know these women. Most of us have invested them with some sort of "personality" we have conjured up for our perception of the edited character. If we can find proof with the pictures of the romantic progression, we are less likely to be dissappointed in an ending.

Also, it is Andy's choice of whichever real woman he chooses that makes the very real love story. Even if you don't like the Fleissian version of that choice - you might like the real girl if you knew her
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

I've moved several posts from the S&S thread as this discussion seems to come up frequently.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Fleiss has got to be LOVING this F6...he could hardly have found three girls that look so dang similar with their chameleon dirty-blondish hair colors if he had found triplets. Obviously there are slight differences if you really look at things, but the similarities between S/B/D in the three back pictures Wiccan posted to compare for the backpack picture are just remarkable!

No wonder we've had so many clips for the latter part of the season from the first week! Sure there've been some things that make it seem Bevin's nearly certainly F2 over the other two, but still...!

Between the gang of darker longish hair thin girls, then the other longer haired blondes (Erin, Catherine, Payton, etc.) and then the dishwater medium length girls, it was like he almost cast three separate but nearly identical groups this season!

Maybe we'll only get two 'groups' next season...Will it be short red hair girls and very curly blondes only so he can reveal even more images from the beginning that provide so dang many chances to argue for about a half a dozen girls for each shot? LOL