Page 15 of 425 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

In a bit of defense of Bevin, I had emailed her through her second "public" private MySpace about how I agreed with a comment she made early on in the season. She responded back saying: "Thank you for your support.
    So much editing goes into the show that many of my conversations are cut off. I hope the fans just realize that the show does not give an accurate picture of who we are."

I would cut her more slack.

Quote Originally Posted by anner2;2350875;
    In a bit of defense of Bevin, I had emailed her through her second "public" private MySpace about how I agreed with a comment she made early on in the season. She responded back saying: "Thank you for your support.
    So much editing goes into the show that many of my conversations are cut off. I hope the fans just realize that the show does not give an accurate picture of who we are."

I would cut her more slack.
    We are all well aware that we are not seeing the real person, but the tvBevin heavily edited version. This has been repeated constantly. When talking about the edit we are referring to the intentional cutting and pasting done to create a negative picture of the character (person) NOT the person herself.

Perhaps Bevin is not really getting a bad edit per se, it's just that she did these things, and said these things, and this is simply how she was on the show. Why try to whitewash her, even if she did win (which I doubt)? Fleiss likes to patronize us with rosy visions of (mostly fake) happily ever afters, in the name of entertainment. But that's just one kind of entertainment that can be had. The flip side can be quite entertaining as well: show how the valiant Bachelor picks someone who is completely wrong for the fairy tale in every way, because in real life, even the whiniest, most annoying, biggest bitch of a woman can find a man.

It could be that this is one of those cases and if it turns out that Bevin is the winner, and she's not somehow artificially redeemed and made likable by the end of the show in a misguided effort to soothe our delicate sensibilities, I'll be glad that for a change, we will have had a genuine story, flaws and all. Chances of that happening? Probably zero.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Exactly, girlsmom. We are discussing the way Bevin is portrayed by the editing and not Bevin herself, who I am sure is lovely person. From all I've seen about her, she is an intelligent, respected and capable woman. The editors however, seem to be showing her less attractive moments instead of her more likeable moments. Usually the winner is shown in a more favorable light. Just look at the difference in how Mary was edited for Bob's show - where she didn't win and on Byron's where she did. Same girl, totally different edit.

Just look at the difference in how Mary was edited for Bob's show - where she didn't win and on Byron's where she did. Same girl, totally different edit.
    Excellent example of editing to create the personality. Makes me wonder if Andy is really a nice guy or a creation of Fleiss. That Fleiss guy can do anything.

I'd bet good money that anyone who participated on a reality show that showed them in anything but a purely positive light will quote the oft-used "i was not portrayed as who i truly am because of editing".

And while there is obviously truth to that in many cases, who WOULDN'T claim that they came off poorly in a situation broadcast to the nation and picked over on message boards that it was "editing". i'm sure there is a vast majority of contestants who feel slighted by editing that left them in a bad light, but just as many that deserved that bad light because of her/his actions, but will still use the editing excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by reddahlia;2350896;
    I'd bet good money that anyone who participated on a reality show that showed them in anything but a purely positive light will quote the oft-used "i was not portrayed as who i truly am because of editing".
    I can't help but think of the Tiger Woods ad, "I did not bring my A game!"
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Newbie

The "nice" girl never wins. We will all be heartbroken when he sends Tessa home crying her eyes out in the limo at F2. Look at the history...

Season#
    1. Alex- chose Amanda over Trista
    2. Aaron- chose Helene, over Brooke and Gwen (my husband's favorite)
    3. Andrew- chose Jen (okay, she was nice)
    4. Bob- chose Estella over Kelly Jo (he was gross)
    5. Lorenzo- okay, I have to stop because I feel like I'm going to vomit when I think about him. Loved Sadie.

See, it's about finding love and experiencing heartbreak. My guess for F1 is Danielle. She's kind of hiding under the woodwork, and seems normal.

Bevin might win, if Andy is into men... she looks like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2350396;
    I think for all of the posters who think the storyline is following Debra Winger's character in An Officer and Gentleman -- Bevin reminds me more of the character of Lynette, who seemed to need a lot of attention and faked a pregnancy in order to marry her officer. If he does choose Bevin, I won't be happy, but I'll realize there is a lot more to the show than I know! I just can't see the crew clapping if it IS Bevin - wouldn't they be jaded from her injury like the rest of us?
    I'm several pages behind but this is the only way I would be able to see the movie tie in.

I suppose the next episode could go either way - if there are opinions out there about Bevin winning this. Tessa could keep up the doubting, not letting herself go, not taking the risk etc and Bevin could be turned around into a fun loving, non demanding sweet girl. Certainly would keep conversation about this show going !