Page 14 of 425 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Di24;2350750;
    It is really sad that they have shown Bevin in such a negative light, since if you read info about her, she is clearly a great person. My question is, do we really believe that Andy doesn't have "files" on all the contestants before the show actually begins, and as such, surely he knows her little secret (previously divorced). If they make much of that scenario, I'm just not sure I'll buy it. I do think Tessa will win his heart, but I must admit, I'm glad it won't be because Andy watched the editing of the show before he chose. Bevin really didn't deserve that.
    I don't believe for one second that Travis knew about Jehan's divorce, and I'd suspect the same for Andy/Bevin. I think he may have photos (from Jesse's season), and perhaps what we get (where they are from and job title) pre-season, but that's about it.

And, although I myself am not fond of Bevin, it's the Bevin we've been shown. I agree wholeheartedly that it's a shame they have to slam at least one woman to make the other(s) look good. It's not constructive.

While I know nothing of Bevin herself, I do know something of where she works - I'm positive she's a good person, and it is a sorry state of affairs that (winner or not) she is portrayed as a whiney, self-centered, manipulative type.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fan

Interesting. I would have thought they had more info up front. Then since you all are the experts, I'll watch like everyone else to see if he is shocked by her previous marriage. We all make mistakes, but to me, I just don't see Andy with someone with so much past baggage. Mainly due to his comment to Alexis way back about how he thinks marriage is a one time deal. Clearly, Tessa is the one for him on paper. Hope they show us something soon to convince us that she's the one in reality, too. I think she is, but am biased.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2350763;
    While I know nothing of Bevin herself, I do know something of where she works - I'm positive she's a good person, and it is a sorry state of affairs that (winner or not) she is portrayed as a whiney, self-centered, manipulative type.
    Exactly. I'm sure Bevin is a great gal. I actually kinda liked her up until the last episode, and then the editing just went berserk with portraying her in a negative light. If she's the winner, what possible reasoning could be behind the bad edit? To make Andy look like a fool for picking her? It just doesn't add up.

I've always rooted for Tessa from the beginning, but I never rooted against anyone. Now Bevin is the only one I'm rooting against.

This is my first post here as I just found the site yesterday. I've read probably a thousand posts from members and realize i know next to nothing about this show simply by watching it! you guys are seasoned pros at sluething out clues and interpreting editing and I'm almost reluctant to voice my opinion as I'm pretty sure that there are many more wise than I on here.

However, one of the reasons I came looking for message boards about The Bachelor (I'm not a message board regular except for Lost because I love picking up on the little clues and easter eggs I miss) is because I was almost taken aback by the (what seemed to me) blatant affection Andy seemed to feel for Bevin on Monday's show. He was so into her it was almost scary (at least for this show, this early on). He seems like a very trusting, almost innocent, non-player-ish type who wears his heart on his sleeve and while i think that all the women who are left are surely lovely people, I, again, was surprised that he was so very, very into Bevin. I thought it was extremely obvious and I wanted to see what others were saying and if they were surprised as well.

Then I see a bunch of posts on here saying that Bevin's "edit"s are very unfavorable. And theoretically, I can see that. They portrayed her as someone who seemed a bit less strong than the other girls, what with the crying. But I always try to remind myself that when watching these types of shows that you've got a very intense situation, very unlike the real world. You're stuck in a house with a dozen women vying for the affections of the man you want and you have no access to TV, Radio, books, internet, family or friends. it's like being in a bubble. So everything is magnified. And I know that in the real world, when I'm super stressed or just even over-tired, I can't often hold it together over seemingly little things. I cry more often than I would like and as much as I hate it, my emotions are just stretched so thin.

I guess, in summary, what I'm trying to say is regardless of how the editing is being done, I don't think that Bevin was shown in a necessarily unkind light. She seemed a bit needy/overstressed, but i think a lot of us can understand having small breakdowns over things once in a while. She seemed normal to me, albeit having a rough moment.

But again, what stood out to me was how incredibly into her Andy was. That was almost palpable.

FORT Regular

I am thinking of a couple of things.
    1 - During the first Dancing with the Stars, Andy was there. He said that he loves Dixie chicks. Does that possibly mean that his chosen is from the South? He also stated that he is engaged (we all know that one).
    2 - ANdrew and Jen....She did not get much editing either until the end. It always seems that the person that is obvious ends up not being 'The one'.

FORT Fan

Great Post reddahlia I agree ....and welcome aboard .....

Quote Originally Posted by reddahlia;2350796;
    This is my first post here.....

I guess, in summary, what I'm trying to say is regardless of how the editing is being done, I don't think that Bevin was shown in a necessarily unkind light. She seemed a bit needy/overstressed, but i think a lot of us can understand having small breakdowns over things once in a while. She seemed normal to me, albeit having a rough moment.

But again, what stood out to me was how incredibly into her Andy was. That was almost palpable.
    Welcome to the Fort, reddahlia! Are you sure you are not a super sleuth?! Great post on the editing! I hope that you keep on posting. I, like you, thought that Andy was also very much into Bevin.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

thanks for the welcomes! i'm quite surprised at the level of maturity on these boards as opposed to others for different TV shows- you guys seem smart AND nice. happy to be here.

one of the things that struck me about this season's bachelor (andy) is that he is so completely without bravado. at first i questioned his intelligence, even going so far as to make my husband watch five minutes of it to tell me if i was seeing things. but as he pointed out and as i've come to see, Andy is just very straightforward in a way that isn't arrogant. seems he might have been somewhat of a shy "nerd" or at least felt like one, despite his looks. and i think that everything that comes from him is either him trying to be very nice and gracious (as he probably always tries to be with any given situation) or his actual, true feelings (when romantic) with perhaps just a tad of awkwardness at being the recipient of so many beautiful girls interest.

edits can only do so much, and i think the editors/producers wield those edits brilliantly with the women because they are more 'worldly', if you will, and speak more, want more camera time, etc. but the only way i can see them using editing "magic" on Andy is by not showing certain things he says or using his confessionals in the wrong places to try to throw us off.

i have no idea who the final two will be, let alone the final one, but i think with this season we can count on Andy as a predictor, whereas past shows the others have kept their feelings much more closer to the vest.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by reddahlia;2350839;
    thanks for the welcomes! i'm quite surprised at the level of maturity on these boards as opposed to others for different TV shows- you guys seem smart AND nice. happy to be here.

one of the things that struck me about this season's bachelor (andy) is that he is so completely without bravado. at first i questioned his intelligence, even going so far as to make my husband watch five minutes of it to tell me if i was seeing things. but as he pointed out and as i've come to see, Andy is just very straightforward in a way that isn't arrogant. seems he might have been somewhat of a shy "nerd" or at least felt like one, despite his looks. and i think that everything that comes from him is either him trying to be very nice and gracious (as he probably always tries to be with any given situation) or his actual, true feelings (when romantic) with perhaps just a tad of awkwardness at being the recipient of so many beautiful girls interest.

edits can only do so much, and i think the editors/producers wield those edits brilliantly with the women because they are more 'worldly', if you will, and speak more, want more camera time, etc. but the only way i can see them using editing "magic" on Andy is by not showing certain things he says or using his confessionals in the wrong places to try to throw us off.

i have no idea who the final two will be, let alone the final one, but i think with this season we can count on Andy as a predictor, whereas past shows the others have kept their feelings much more closer to the vest.
    Welcome! I totally agree. I just can't see Andy being intentionally deceptive at all. I hope that when it is down to the final 2 it is obvious. I hate to see anyone get hurt and Bevin and Tessa and Danielle all seem really invested already. ( Not to mention I hate surprises and want ot know way before the finale who it is going to be)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by PDilly;2350800;
    I am thinking of a couple of things.
    1 - During the first Dancing with the Stars, Andy was there. He said that he loves Dixie chicks. Does that possibly mean that his chosen is from the South? He also stated that he is engaged (we all know that one).
    2 - ANdrew and Jen....She did not get much editing either until the end. It always seems that the person that is obvious ends up not being 'The one'.
    someone in the my space thread posted that Bevins song on her my space is by Dixie chicks
    Wierd??