Page 13 of 425 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Paulas;2350627;
    Did you notice in the conversation with Tessa that he appeared to be choosing his words very carefully. Like he didn't want to say the wrong thing? Do you think that was because he didn't want to mislead her or because he didn't want to say more than he should at this point about how he feels about her?
    Interesting that he asked both Tessa and Bevin to hang in there. The conversaton with Bevin just seemed a little easier.
    I think he was trying to not say more than he should about how he feels. Take another look at these conversations with Tessa –SQT skiing, on the couch pre-RC & Andy’s PI after couch conversation. You can tell that there was a lot of editing. In the SQT you see her looking at him & nodding her head as though listening but we hear the VO instead. In the couch conversation there were a couple of his sentences that seemed spliced. There’s a long pause between his “my heart is open” & his “that’s really how I feel”. Listen to his PI, something was edited out because what he says doesn’t make sense. It’s almost as if in the Pi he talked in detail about convincing her to stay & he was exhausted but happy because she agreed.

Then listen watch & listen to his conversation with Bevin. There’s not much edited out. There’s not much conversation between the two except for short quips, phrases and small jokes. But none of it appears to be edited. I don’t know which one goes to F1 but it appears that more of the Tessa/Andy dialogue is hidden than the Andy/Bevin. I think if he truely fell in love we will feel it too by the time we see the finale. I'm enjoying the story, whichever lady he picks.

I don't know if they would do that - but I did find it funny that someone mapped the whole show out for us - where is the suspense ?? Did they want to cut down on the analyzing of the girls ie cut out so many critical comments ? Just seems kind of odd and certainly not like they have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulas;2350651;
    I think everybody sees this show differently and that is what makes it so addicting. I personally don't think Bevin is getting a terrible edit. I really like her and haven't seen her say or do anything to this point to make me dislike her. Surprisingly, I like all of the girls that are left.
    Maybe the scene with Bevin crying was shown not to reflect poorly on her, but to show Andy's reaction to her. I think showing the girls complaining about all of the attention she is getting is a far worse edit than her being upset by the limitations of her injury.
    I really agree with you. I think I seen just as much pouting and jealousy from everyone, if not more with a couple of them.

Maybe there really wasn't much of a connection with any of the other girls and they had to do something or it would be totally obvious and all the others are just playing along.

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel;2350679;
    It’s almost as if in the Pi he talked in detail about convincing her to stay & he was exhausted but happy because she agreed.

Then listen watch & listen to his conversation with Bevin. There’s not much edited out. There’s not much conversation between the two except for short quips, phrases and small jokes. But none of it appears to be edited. I don’t know which one goes to F1 but it appears that more of the Tessa/Andy dialogue is hidden than the Andy/Bevin. I think if he truely fell in love we will feel it too by the time we see the finale. I'm enjoying the story, whichever lady he picks.
    That all makes sense. I hope he is not misleading Tessa. He comes across as very honest, so I wonder if will see him say something very direct, like telling a set of parents that he is in love with their dd. I would think the home visits would really help him decide, but then again, we often hear that the Bach. knew from the beginning who it was.

I thougth the Bevin and Andy convo. was very brief. He tried to open up to her and share his childhood dreams and activities, and instead of sharing her own, she just responded in an "Oh that's nice" tone. I think he realized it wasn't going anywhere and decided to make out instead.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2350646;
    Since he proposed, and Lorenzo barely promised to keep in touch, I would certainly HOPE that the decision was made at least three hours in advance. :nono Honestly, I don't think sensitive Andy would take his true second choice to the F2. People can disagree, but especially since it's Bevin, I think the attraction was there, but never serious and this was mutual. She was fun and sexy to be around and he'd ruled her out far before. She's playing to the show too much to be heart broken (ala Stephanie T) so I think she's the easiest to dump--but will be the most dramatic. Her middle name is "Drama", she's a real reality t.v. trooper.
    It would be a relief to hear that they decided to play it up for TV and it was just a fling. She appears very attached though, and I wonder if she'd be distraught to be F2.

Hope this wasn't discussed. I just got home & can't read thru everything. I think it was very telling when Andy said to Tessa (when she was talking about not staying) something about the ride home from the 2:1 date....it was like they had some great discussions. I wish they showed us some of it!

As someone who rarely watches The Bachelor (I think I've watched three seasons in their entirety), I must say that if Bevin is indeed the winner, then I'll be completely perplexed, and maybe even question the sanity of TPTB. I set out to watch this season because I knew beforehand (I guess I read it somewhere), that the dude had found his "soulmate." So in turn, my interest was peaked and I started tuning in.

Nothing, and I mean, nothing would turn me away from this show faster than a frustrating and crappy ending. Now, I know there are some Bevin fans out there, but I don't think that they can even deny that Bevin's edit is worse than Tessa's. The editing is gearing the audience to root for Tessa. Since the latest episode, the love for Tessa (on the internet and amongst my friends/family who watch) has increased tenfold. People are really rooting for her now. Part of me believes it's because Tessa is just a likeable person, but another factor is the favorable, warm and fuzzy edit.

Yes, I'm a Tessa fan, so maybe my perspective is skewed. But if a Bevin/Andy union is the future, then ABC should fire the whole production staff for manipulating the viewers into rooting for someone who doesn't win, and rooting against the one that does. It just doesn't make sense, and won't bring in ratings for future seasons.

I think TPTB realize they have a potential goldmine in the Tessa and Andy love story, and they are going to milk it for all it's worth. So, we ain't seen nothing yet.
    Last edited by UhHuhHer; 04-25-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Take another look at these conversations with Tessa –SQT skiing, on the couch pre-RC & Andy’s PI after couch conversation. You can tell that there was a lot of editing. In the SQT you see her looking at him & nodding her head as though listening but we hear the VO instead. In the couch conversation there were a couple of his sentences that seemed spliced. There’s a long pause between his “my heart is open” & his “that’s really how I feel”. Listen to his PI, something was edited out because what he says doesn’t make sense. It’s almost as if in the Pi he talked in detail about convincing her to stay & he was exhausted but happy because she agreed.

I agree 100% with everything you said. I have a feeling we've missed out on many great Andy & Tessa conversations. For example, at the 2-on-1 date on the navy ship, Andy brought up how amazing it was to hear Tessa talk about San Francisco and her timeshare in Tahoe. I've also seen many snippets of Andy & Tessa talking and laughing together, but they're so short and quick you'd think nothing of them. It seems like the editors are holding back on the Tessa & Andy love story. They're letting it slowly unravel before our eyes and not shoving it down our throats like his relationship with Bevin. With Bevin, it's all too much too soon. During Tessa and Andy's pre-RC convo on the couch, Tessa mentioned how she likes to take things slow and that a relationship has to BUILD. We're watching their love story unfolding from friendship to love. Or as Tessa and Andy would say, from "LIKE" to love.
    Last edited by AFROdeesYACK; 04-25-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UhHuhHer;2350731;
    As someone who rarely watches The Bachelor (I think I've watched three seasons in their entirety), I must say that if Bevin is indeed the winner, then I'll be completely perplexed, and maybe even question the sanity of TPTB. I set out to watch this season because I knew beforehand (I guess I read it somewhere), that the dude had found his "soulmate." So in turn, my interest was peaked and I started tuning in.

Nothing, and I mean, nothing would turn me away from this show faster than a frustrating and crappy ending. Now, I know there are some Bevin fans out there, but I don't think that they can even deny that Bevin's edit is worse than Tessa's. The editing is gearing the audience to root for Tessa. Since the latest episode, the love for Tessa (on the internet and amongst my friends/family who watch) has increased tenfold. People are really rooting for her now. Part of me believes it's because Tessa is just a likeable person, but another factor is the favorable, warm and fuzzy edit.

Yes, I'm a Tessa fan, so maybe my perspective is skewed. But if a Bevin/Andy union is the future, then ABC should fire the whole production staff for manipulating the viewers into rooting for someone who doesn't win, and rooting against the one that does. It just doesn't make sense, and won't bring in ratings for future seasons.

I think TPTB realize they have a potential goldmine in the Tessa and Andy love story, and they are going to milk it for all it's worth. So, we ain't seen nothing yet.

Great post. We can never forget that so much of this show is edited. And yes, Bevin may be a real sweetheart - but they chose to portray her as whiny, and really trying to hog Andy (again, maybe not really how it was). BUT WHY, I ask, would the producers want the winner to look that way?! I think Tessa is the typical edit of the winner. Girls I work with watch the show, but do none of this sleuthing. They didn't even know who Tessa was the first few weeks. Now all of a sudden, everyone thinks she is sweet. And just a side note, most of them STILL don't know who Danielle is, unless you mention the dead boyfriend.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Spartangirl;2350638;
    It's true that they always try to edit in something questionable about the winner but I don't think they have ever made any winner look as bad as they have made Bevin look this year. Every year the sleuthers are able to pick out the winner - once the FRC caps are in. We don't have those yet so, with all respect to everyone's opinions, that is all there is so far to go on - opinions. It is possible that they will try to redeem Bevin's image in the next few shows and I actually hope that they do because if they continue to show her how she looks now, there is no way viewers will wonder about who the winner is between her and Tessa. And if by some weird chance, they decided this year to hide the winner by trashing her with the editing, then it is a big mistake. Most viewers don't like her and wouldn't be happy with that ending, the couple would be really angry about the show and post show interviews wouldn't go nearly as well. For a show that is hoping to regain popularity and get a slot on next season's schedule that would just be a poor decision for the producers. I don't think there is any way they would do that. So unless there is a major turnaround on Bevin's editing, I think there is no way she wins.
    It is really sad that they have shown Bevin in such a negative light, since if you read info about her, she is clearly a great person. My question is, do we really believe that Andy doesn't have "files" on all the contestants before the show actually begins, and as such, surely he knows her little secret (previously divorced). If they make much of that scenario, I'm just not sure I'll buy it. I do think Tessa will win his heart, but I must admit, I'm glad it won't be because Andy watched the editing of the show before he chose. Bevin really didn't deserve that.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AFROdeesYACK;2350743;
    I agree 100% with everything you said. I have a feeling we've missed out on many great Andy & Tessa conversations. For example, at the 2-on-1 date on the navy ship, Andy brought up how amazing it was to hear Tessa talk about San Francisco and her timeshare in Tahoe. I've also seen many snippets of Andy & Tessa talking and laughing together, but they're so short and quick you'd think nothing of them. It seems like the editors are holding back on the Tessa & Andy love story. They're letting it slowly unravel before our eyes and not shoving it down our throats like his relationship with Bevin. With Bevin, it's all too much too soon. During Tessa and Andy's pre-RC convo on the couch, Tessa mentioned how she likes to take things slow and that a relationship has to BUILD. We're watching their love story unfolding from friendship to love. Or as Tessa and Andy would say, from "LIKE" to love.
    Ditto everything. I'd love to know what went on in the limo on the way back to the house from the carrier. Until last week, and Andy mentioning it, we didn't have any idea what went on. In fact, I thought the fact that Tessa won the rose and the helicopter ride, and we saw about a half a kiss, was weird. They really seem to have been keeping us from the Tessa/Andy story. Hope that's a good sign, but I'm a VERY amateur sleuther.