Page 12 of 425 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2350507;
    Did you change your mind or am I remembering incorrectly that you thought Bevin would win? Just curious.
    Just because I can't help rooting for Bevin, doesn't mean I don't see the merits and edits favorable or unfavorable for the other girls, Tessa in particular. I like that the finale is so challenging this year.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2350456;
    RE: "An Officer and a Gentleman."

Don't you think ABC probably tagged this season with that subtitle the minute they cast Andy and before they even laid eyes on any of the soon-to-be bachelorettes? Just because it's a recognizable phrase yadda yadda?

I mean, look how they played up PLo's eason as a "fairytale come true," and the whole "prince" thing etc. And PLo's real life actually resembles a truly royal life hardly at all. He's just a normal dude with a title.

It's just marketing.
    I agree with you. How many people remember all the characters of a 25 yr old movie?- as well last season's 'the prince finding his 'grace kelly' threw alot of us off thinking that Sadie was the one who most resembled Princess Grace.

For those who think Sarah S got a bad edit and was F1 for saying the b word- remember Moana being emotional in the house and the 'soul staring back at me ' comment - and not being open with Travis ' parents .

The casual viewer who is not reading pages and pages and pages of sleuthing- has no idea of Bevin's divorce, only sees that she is getting alot of attention from Andy and alot of screentime. Like Trish w/ Jesse. Like Susan w/ Travis. Like Lisa w/ PLo . If it weren't for the helicopter pics and the waterfall - I'd be wagering that Bevin goes F3 and no farther.

My guess- Tessa- sneaking tidbits of emotion in here and there- but not letting us see much yet. Last season - Jen (and Sadie) became more prominent later in the season. Sadie was noticable because of the whole V thing. Bevin is noticable because of the ankle. (and Andy said he gave the rose to the 'fallen soldier' not to 'a beautiful woman'?)

I think the editting is following his usual pattern. frontrunner getting negative edit- 'winner' just enough attention to notice her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2350565;
    Just because I can't help rooting for Bevin, doesn't mean I don't see the merits and edits favorable or unfavorable for the other girls, Tessa in particular. I like that the finale is so challenging this year.
    Gotcha! So, as someone who is open to either ending, what do you make of Andy's comment that Bevin is his sanctuary vs. keeping Tessa around when she pretty much asks to leave if he's made up his mind and telling her his heart is open? He seems like a stand-up guy who doesn't want to mislead anyone. Can you be a sanctuary for a guy who's falling in love with someone else? Is he a jerk for not cutting Tessa loose a little sooner if he's in love with Bevin? Whatcha got for me?

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2350580;
    Gotcha! So, as someone who is open to either ending, what do you make of Andy's comment that Bevin is his sanctuary vs. keeping Tessa around when she pretty much asks to leave if he's made up his mind and telling her his heart is open? He seems like a stand-up guy who doesn't want to mislead anyone. Can you be a sanctuary for a guy who's falling in love with someone else? Is he a jerk for not cutting Tessa loose a little sooner if he's in love with Bevin? Whatcha got for me?
    From an editing standpoint they really, really need at least two viable candidates for a weepy ending. I think they left the "sanctuary" bit in to show a deep connection with Bevin; and the "heart open" bit with Tessa to show he wants to develop a deeper connection with her, and she shouldn't be swayed by what she sees or hears in the house.

Last episode the story seemed to be all about reassuring both Bevin and Tessa. They need their F2 intact.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2350604;
    From an editing standpoint they really, really need at least two viable candidates for a weepy ending.
    OK, I'll buy that. So, do you think he takes one to the end that is easy to let go? Or do you think he legitimately struggles with this decision until the very end? (I'm really hoping to not get a Lorenzo-style I made up my mind 2 hrs beforehand ending!!)

FORT Regular

Did you notice in the conversation with Tessa that he appeared to be choosing his words very carefully. Like he didn't want to say the wrong thing? Do you think that was because he didn't want to mislead her or because he didn't want to say more than he should at this point about how he feels about her?
    Interesting that he asked both Tessa and Bevin to hang in there. The conversaton with Bevin just seemed a little easier.

It's true that they always try to edit in something questionable about the winner but I don't think they have ever made any winner look as bad as they have made Bevin look this year. Every year the sleuthers are able to pick out the winner - once the FRC caps are in. We don't have those yet so, with all respect to everyone's opinions, that is all there is so far to go on - opinions. It is possible that they will try to redeem Bevin's image in the next few shows and I actually hope that they do because if they continue to show her how she looks now, there is no way viewers will wonder about who the winner is between her and Tessa. And if by some weird chance, they decided this year to hide the winner by trashing her with the editing, then it is a big mistake. Most viewers don't like her and wouldn't be happy with that ending, the couple would be really angry about the show and post show interviews wouldn't go nearly as well. For a show that is hoping to regain popularity and get a slot on next season's schedule that would just be a poor decision for the producers. I don't think there is any way they would do that. So unless there is a major turnaround on Bevin's editing, I think there is no way she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2350615;
    OK, I'll buy that. So, do you think he takes one to the end that is easy to let go? Or do you think he legitimately struggles with this decision until the very end? (I'm really hoping to not get a Lorenzo-style I made up my mind 2 hrs beforehand ending!!)
    Since he proposed, and Lorenzo barely promised to keep in touch, I would certainly HOPE that the decision was made at least three hours in advance. :nono Honestly, I don't think sensitive Andy would take his true second choice to the F2. People can disagree, but especially since it's Bevin, I think the attraction was there, but never serious and this was mutual. She was fun and sexy to be around and he'd ruled her out far before. She's playing to the show too much to be heart broken (ala Stephanie T) so I think she's the easiest to dump--but will be the most dramatic. Her middle name is "Drama", she's a real reality t.v. trooper.

FORT Regular

I think everybody sees this show differently and that is what makes it so addicting. I personally don't think Bevin is getting a terrible edit. I really like her and haven't seen her say or do anything to this point to make me dislike her. Surprisingly, I like all of the girls that are left.
    Maybe the scene with Bevin crying was shown not to reflect poorly on her, but to show Andy's reaction to her. I think showing the girls complaining about all of the attention she is getting is a far worse edit than her being upset by the limitations of her injury.

I think Fleiss&Co could be messing with us a lot!!! Actually, when I read the preview for the F2 dates, I thought "Did somebody read everything that has been posted on the spoiler threads and that make up a preview???" So it could be that they thought "OK, they have that helicopter picture which they identified as Bevin and which is actually from a fantasy date (now I'm just making this up, it could be from any time of course). So let's just tell them there will be a helicopter ride on one of the F2 dates and let's not show any previews of it...". This would be one possible way they could be messing with us. If they have somebody who checks on our spoiling, they would actually be nuts if they just gave us everything we need to figure out who is F3, F2 and then F1... I don't know what they do, but if I were one of those producers, I would try to find some good ways to lead the sleuthers on