Page 11 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom;2350329;
    This is exactly how I feel... they are unfolding the story right before us.

It started with the muffin joke - inca trail - RC1 rose with big mmmmmmm- bullriding fake fall (joker) - foot massage - future sailor wife - helicopter kiss - wife material - lake tahoe sking - pre RC4 conversation/hug/kiss ---- and more to unfold in the coming weeks....
    it's there.. it depends on us to just watch it unfold

quick summary here if anyone care to watch the slides
    The unfolding love story

The slide show is fantastic, did you put it together crystalmom?
    Last edited by Spoil Me; 04-25-2007 at 03:18 PM.

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2350372;

[B]The big difference between this season and Lor's is that ANDY PROPOSES[/B], so he's not going to compromise and just go with the fun girl, etc. No, she would have to be just right, also Andy would be PROTECTIVE of his fiancee'. Sorry, but tptb have gone out of their way to portray Bevin in a BAD light, repeatedly and they're doing it in the previews. That would surely alienate their prize bachelor. This makes NO sense, PLUS the edit does everything to HIGHLIGHT if not exaggerate the physical interation with Andy and Bevin, not hide it, which is what they're doing with Tessa and Andy. If I were Andy and saw what the editors were doing to my beloved I would be STEAMING. There's just no other explanation for this building up of the passion with Bevin and the tearing down of her character. COULD she be F1, I guess in theory, but it makes NO sense that she is. We have to wait for the screen cap proof, but her edit is nothing but a losing edit, imo. In the case of Ian and Meredith the edit tried to hide their connection and introduce doubt, but NOT savage his character. This edit is SO clearly negative toward Bevin and encouraging us to think that she's winning that it's classic LOSER.
    also medicinegal

The editors obviously skewered this into making it appear that she was on the streets, not in an expensive boarding school, but the tats ARE for real.
    I completely agree with your analysis, Bevin is getting Loser edit.

Crystalmom, I enjoyed your slide show! I think the look on Andy's face on the first 3 slides of the last panel (she's in the yellow dress) says it all!~ I hope I'm right!

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

RE: "An Officer and a Gentleman."

Don't you think ABC probably tagged this season with that subtitle the minute they cast Andy and before they even laid eyes on any of the soon-to-be bachelorettes? Just because it's a recognizable phrase yadda yadda?

I mean, look how they played up PLo's eason as a "fairytale come true," and the whole "prince" thing etc. And PLo's real life actually resembles a truly royal life hardly at all. He's just a normal dude with a title.

It's just marketing.

FORT Fanatic

I had said before that I was only a casual viewer until after the 2 on 1 with Peyton and Tessa. I was completely shocked that he let Peyton go because up till that point, I did not see a connection with Tessa. She was, to me as a casual view, hardly shown, except for the foot massage. It was always Stephanie SC and shades of Peyton and Bevin. I do not think Tessa was obvious at all in the beginning. I think she has been coming to life since the 2 on 1 date.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2350347;
    I've named Tessa the reluctant bride as a storyline, and it seems to be holding.
    Did you change your mind or am I remembering incorrectly that you thought Bevin would win? Just curious.

I just wanted to clear a few things up.. In no way am I comparin Bevin to the character of Paula. Bevin is a very accomplished young woman. All I was saying that I believe Bevin's edit may be based on the character. I stated the tagline jumped out at me "Can a girl escape her damaged past" I am not saying she is, I think as soon as Fleiss heard her say "I've been on my own since I was 15" and the marriage at 20 and subsequent divorce.. he must have cried! He had a girl he could edit as the "Paula character". All he had to hope was that Andy would be attracted to her. Do I think Bevin is like the Paula character..NO..but there could be a duality there.I agree that they based the title off of the fact Andy is an officer, but I think all along that they were hoping to have a running paralell to the movie. Most people know of the movie.

I believe everything that we have seen of Bevin is edited to make her look like a tough girl, who will do anything to get this man in uniform. TPTB edit Bevin in a tough girl with a lot of vulnerabilities. Hence the whining, and the way she "needs" to have SQT with Andy. I think it's also how she is shown on TV.. We constantly see the tats.. So all I am saying is are we going to see a would-be tough girl be softened, or are we going to see a tough girl go down in flames to America's Sweetheart? It's all up to Andy.

And I hope he picks the American Sweetheart. lol

Hope this all makes sense.

I was just watching the movie, and I started thinking in terms of Bevin and Andy. And I just might be overthinking it.. LOL
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

I would vote with whomever else said that the whole Officer and a Gentleman was pure marketing...no connection to the plot
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2350546;
    I would vote with whomever else said that the whole Officer and a Gentleman was pure marketing...no connection to the plot

yes, PURE marketing, no relationship to reality whatsoever in my opinion. As others have said, just like the whole marketing propaganda with PLo and yes they tried to make us think Sadie had won with the whole "Princess Grace" thing in one promo.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giggletink17;2350279;
    do you have the link to the medianet release or any shots?
    They are in the Media Thread in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by flgirl60;2350133;
    I just re-read the post regarding next weeks episode and the way the wine tasting date is described sounds like it could be Danielle. It talks about painting a one of kind masterpiece with the wine they have created. We know she is a graphic designer which is an art degree. What do you think?
    Here in lies the Fleiss Masterpiece itself. He paints a beautiful picture right in front of you and yet the pictures (screencaps) don't lie.
    The winemaking description sounds like it could be Danielle, yet we know it is not as she is on the 4 girl group date to the school.
    Last edited by kraziladi; 04-25-2007 at 04:25 PM.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.