Page 10 of 425 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2350316;
    I hope this is okay to post here.. it is about editing.. and if this has been discussed, forgive me. I am so behind reading.

Okay, we know this years topic is An Officer and a Gentleman, right? Well what if Bevin is getting a Paula Pokrifki type of edit. (Debra Winger's character in the movie) Paula is a tough girl that has had a tough childhood. The main story is about two people who must overcome their upbringing and personal weaknesses to have the perfect life. I really am starting to think Fleiss is editing Bevin in this light. This could be the beginning of a love story too..

Now granted, Bevin isn't a factory worker (lol) but she is one tough cookie fighting for her time with Andy.. I see her in this characterization. She has had the tough childhood with the statement of being on her own since she was 15.

And here's something for you also.. When the movie was released in 1982 one of the tag lines went something like this. "Can a girl escape her damaged past and become a woman of integrity worthy of love?"
    I'm sure Bevin has integrity..look at the life she has made for herself. it's just a tag line.. but what grabbed me was the girl with the damaged past.

So what do you all think? Am I crazy? I'm still pulling for Tessa.. but.. this edit would make total sense..They don't really "redeem" Paula until close to the end of the movie. Maybe this is what happens with Bevin's edit too.

Just a thought..

I also posted this in the Fleiss editing thread..
    Interesting theory. But in my opinion, I just think they used the terminology Officer and a Gentleman because it is familiar and it fits Andy. I don't think they would edit it to make it like the movie. I don't know.

Re: Is Fleiss & Co. messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Do you think the edit that Bevin was given was to incite sympathy from the viewers? I kind of think that they did not intend for her to come off as whiney or needy.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I've been thinking about Danielle and the editing of her story. She never speaks up and objects - or wonders why he is not picking her for SQT - esp when the "have a connection." Then she is shown scrubbing the floor. Does she lack self confidence - is she leaving it all up to fate and the psychic business. The previews say "the visitor leaves her speechless." I am just hoping Bevin does not show up on Danielle's fantasy date - to see just how far can this girl be pushed before she sticks up for herself. Sometimes I think Fleiss does a good thing in showing these contenders how they appear to others. Granted there is probably a lot of exaggeration but it seems that after the show is over (and probably after some counseling) - these contenders are all fine - realize the situation etc. The other thing - these girls must talk amongst themselves - what each other thinks - who each other thinks has made an impression etc. I would also think that they might say to Danielle (esp Kate and Steph T who I think were plants) "but he hasn't ever chosen you ......"

BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2350313;
    I hope this is okay to post here.. it is about editing.. and if this has been discussed, forgive me. I am so behind reading.

Okay, we know this years topic is An Officer and a Gentleman, right? Well what if Bevin is getting a Paula Pokrifki type of edit. (Debra Winger's character in the movie) Paula is a tough girl that has had a tough childhood. The main story is about two people who must overcome their upbringing and personal weaknesses to have the perfect life. I really am starting to think Fleiss is editing Bevin in this light. This could be the beginning of a love story too..

Now granted, Bevin isn't a factory worker (lol) but she is one tough cookie fighting for her time with Andy.. I see her in this characterization. She has had the tough childhood with the statement of being on her own since she was 15.

And here's something for you also.. When the movie was released in 1982 one of the tag lines went something like this. "Can a girl escape her damaged past and become a woman of integrity worthy of love?"
    I'm sure Bevin has integrity..look at the life she has made for herself. it's just a tag line.. but what grabbed me was the girl with the damaged past.

So what do you all think? Am I crazy? I'm still pulling for Tessa.. but.. this edit would make total sense..They don't really "redeem" Paula until close to the end of the movie. Maybe this is what happens with Bevin's edit too.

Just a thought..
    Wow get analysis. You should be a movie reviewer(ebert&Haley)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The only problem with the Debra Winger character theory is that not many viewers would have watched the movie; or watched it so long ago (me) that the characters have become fuzzy.

The Bevin edit is truly puzzling. Why would they slam a character with so much bias as the show is airing. Are they working overtime to tone down the chemical heat in order to make her a viable broken heart at the end?

I've named Tessa the reluctant bride as a storyline, and it seems to be holding. Three times now she has been shown questioning her own motives for being on the show. She asks not to be hurt in a very poignant scene. She is being edited as someone the populace can relate to - hesitant to reveal her feelings, but possibly developing them at the same time. A very warm and fuzzy edit.

In past seasons I've looked to the home date edits, searching for the warm and fuzzy edit. I may have to wait until then to see how it plays out.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2350276;
    I agree Blondiegirl. I was SURE no WAY Sarah S. would win after using the "b" word. I actually was shocked when she won.

Me too. And I also would have never believed Jen was the final girl last season if I had not been on this board and listened to the sleuthers.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2350313;

Just a thought..

After reading the article on Bevin and her family, I would say she has had a wonderful life thus far. The article mentions she went to an international boarding school at age 15...hardly the streets and tattoo parlors that some of us mentioned!LOL

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 4 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2349832;
    I think sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees. Below is actual dialogue from last Monday's Epi.

If this were a couple episodes later and I heard these conversations I would liken them to Lor talking to Sadie about her fantasy date ie--the fantasy suite issue(the convo with Tessa above) and Lor talking to Jen the final date convo.(similar to the convo with Bevin) JMO.

[B]The big difference between this season and Lor's is that ANDY PROPOSES[/B], so he's not going to compromise and just go with the fun girl, etc. No, she would have to be just right, also Andy would be PROTECTIVE of his fiancee'. Sorry, but tptb have gone out of their way to portray Bevin in a BAD light, repeatedly and they're doing it in the previews. That would surely alienate their prize bachelor. This makes NO sense, PLUS the edit does everything to HIGHLIGHT if not exaggerate the physical interation with Andy and Bevin, not hide it, which is what they're doing with Tessa and Andy. If I were Andy and saw what the editors were doing to my beloved I would be STEAMING. There's just no other explanation for this building up of the passion with Bevin and the tearing down of her character. COULD she be F1, I guess in theory, but it makes NO sense that she is. We have to wait for the screen cap proof, but her edit is nothing but a losing edit, imo. In the case of Ian and Meredith the edit tried to hide their connection and introduce doubt, but NOT savage his character. This edit is SO clearly negative toward Bevin and encouraging us to think that she's winning that it's classic LOSER.
    also medicinegal
    Quote Originally Posted by medicinegal;2350366;
    After reading the article on Bevin and her family, I would say she has had a wonderful life thus far. The article mentions she went to an international boarding school at age 15...hardly the streets and tattoo parlors that some of us mentioned!LOL
    The editors obviously skewered this into making it appear that she was on the streets, not in an expensive boarding school, but the tats ARE for real.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 04-25-2007 at 02:49 PM.

This is exactly how I feel... they are unfolding the story right before us.

It started with the muffin joke - inca trail - RC1 rose with big mmmmmmm- bullriding fake fall (joker) - foot massage - future sailor wife - helicopter kiss - wife material - lake tahoe sking - pre RC4 conversation/hug/kiss ---- and more to unfold in the coming weeks....
    it's there.. it depends on us to just watch it unfold

quick summary here if anyone care to watch the slides
    The unfolding love story

On one of the tqlk shows after the final rose etc and Andy had picked the woman that he loves one of the many questions asked him was "what was the muffin joke about/"..his answer..."I have no idea ... I was just too blown away by her beauty to hear the joke" now if Tessa isn't the final one isn't this a strange thing to say?

I think for all of the posters who think the storyline is following Debra Winger's character in An Officer and Gentleman -- Bevin reminds me more of the character of Lynette, who seemed to need a lot of attention and faked a pregnancy in order to marry her officer. If he does choose Bevin, I won't be happy, but I'll realize there is a lot more to the show than I know! I just can't see the crew clapping if it IS Bevin - wouldn't they be jaded from her injury like the rest of us?