Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: *WHY* will Andy choose the final Bachelorette(S)?

Re: *WHY* will Andy choose the final Bachelorette(S)?

Quote Originally Posted by aphijess;2347809;
    This is only my second post, so bear with me!

I have lurked on these boards for years, but have never felt compelled to post until this season. As you can tell by my avatar, I am on the "Tessa Train". I'll admit that my first instinct was to like her just because she lives in San Francisco (my hometown), but as the season progressed, she emerged as someone to truly root for. I believe she is falling for Andy and she may be a little guarded because it's all happening so fast.

The talk at last night's RC really showed me that she likes Andy, but she may think that other girls are already in "love" (or what they think is love) with him. She's not sure if that's what he wants or what he is looking for. She tells him that it usually takes her longer to process the feelings she had for him outside of this process and she's confused by it. I really think that we’ll see her open up more in the coming episodes.

Here are some reasons why I think Tessa is definitely the one:

- In the “Previously, on the Bachelor” segment from last night, the aircraft carrier date was described as “The most spectacular 2 on 1 date in Bachelor history.”
    We all know Tessa received the rose and a kiss.

- During their talk in the snow he admitted that he was “most calm and at ease with Tessa” and when she expressed her concerns with the process, he “pleaded with her to stick with it”. He can be himself with her and he really wants her to stay.

- When they were talking pre-RC, she really started to open up and tell him how she felt. She took a risk telling him that she didn’t want to get hurt and to not give her a rose if he already knew what he wanted. His response was to tell her that his “heart is completely open and [she is] one of the reasons why”. Plus we got the guitar music!

- He gave her the 1st rose and asked her to “please” accept it. He wanted to prove to her that he was really serious about wanting her to stay and gave her the first rose as reassurance.

- There was an interview where Andy stated “what we are seeing is not what happens or how it goes”. To the casual viewer, the front runner is Bevin. They have an amazing (drink!) physical chemistry, but I think her constant whining and insecurity will make him realize that she’s not the right match. TPTB are pushing Bevin on us and making her look really bad, so in my mind, she can’t be the F1.

- He also said in an interview that “he had a lot of explaining to do”. This also points to Tessa being the one, because of all the “hooking up” with Bevin. I’m sure he’s admitting everything to his F1, but I’m sure it’s still hard to actually see it on TV (especially if it came down to Bevin and Tessa --which it looks like it does).

- Next week, he takes Tessa on the “romantic date of a lifetime”. If they do go to Yamashiro (as speculated on these boards), it’s billed as the most romantic restaurant in LA. Also, Andy said himself that, “Tonight I’m going to show her why she’s here” This is the perfect chance for Andy to tell her how much he likes her and for Tessa to let all of her walls down and let Andy into her heart without reservation. We have also heard that the love story starts to unfold when it’s down to 6. This sounds like the perfect scenario!

We all know how this season ends. I’m sure TPTB are thrilled that they get to tell a real love story that ends with a proposal, so they are going to show it and hopefully not use the sneaky editing tricks they have used in the past. Viewers have been waiting for this love story on the Bachelor for years (I know I have!) And this season, we finally get what we’ve all been waiting for.

Ok, I think I’ve made up for my three years of lurking with that super long post!
    Yes, Yes and Yes!

aph welcome. What took you so long? We dont bite even when we disagree! I agree with you totally.
    For those of you on the kayak of love, I have a question:
    His third and final date begins with an adventurous kayaking trip, followed by a jungle hike and sexy swim beneath a waterfall. For dinner, the two have their own private luau, but then Andy hits the woman with some tough questions to help him get closer to his final decision .
    What tough questions do you all think he would have for Bevin?
    I asked this in a different thread. Any ideas that would fit with your scenario?
    Personally I'm on Tessa's hammock of love. Just swinging away here. zipline swinging and hammock swinging. I'm noticing a pattern.
    I do think things will become very clear to us all either way by the fantasy date.

pajamasam - Could the tough questions for Bevin be about the divorce and why she didn't tell him???

But wouldnt they have had that whole discussion on the hometown date when she opens up and tells him about it? Do you think he's sort of still stewing about it because of something she said, or because she waited until the hometown date to tell him?

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

aphijess glad you came out of lurkdom to join us!! Interesting and insightful reasons. Keep posting. We're glad you joined in. I really like Tessa, but I won't go through my reasons why I could counteract some of your reasons because they are yours and I respect that and can agree with your reasoning on many.. It's just that to me, there's still more that meets the eye in the F2 girl's love stories!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2347837;
    aph welcome. What took you so long? We dont bite even when we disagree! I agree with you totally.
    For those of you on the kayak of love, I have a question: I asked this in a different thread. Any ideas that would fit with your scenario?
    Personally I'm on Tessa's hammock of love. Just swinging away here. zipline swinging and hammock swinging. I'm noticing a pattern.
    I do think things will become very clear to us all either way by the fantasy date.
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't know why I haven't posted before. Maybe I just didn't care as much about the past seasons. Or maybe I just was a lot busier at work

I am (and have been) in awe of the sleuthers on the boards and wanted to say thank you to everyone that has worked so hard to get us answers.

I'm on the hammock right beside you!

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2347862;
    aphijess glad you came out of lurkdom to join us!! Interesting and insightful reasons. Keep posting. We're glad you joined in. I really like Tessa, but I won't go through my reasons why I could counteract some of your reasons because they are yours and I respect that and can agree with your reasoning on many.. It's just that to me, there's still more that meets the eye in the F2 girl's love stories!
    Sorry for the double post!

Thanks, cafegirl. I remember reading your insightful posts on past seasons and am amazed by your skills I wouldn't mind hearing some of your thoughts. One thing I love about this board is that it's mostly respectful and posters are not combative, but are willing to debate fairly. That's part of the reason I was ok with coming out of lurkdom. I agree that there is much more going on than what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2347854;
    But wouldnt they have had that whole discussion on the hometown date when she opens up and tells him about it? Do you think he's sort of still stewing about it because of something she said, or because she waited until the hometown date to tell him?
    Maybe that's what the serious question is all about -- why she waited so long in the process to tell him about it. If that's what it is, it shows she's not so willing to be open and honest about herself.

aphijess

Great post - I couldn't agree more

I haven't seen last nights episode yet, so I can't comment based on it. But, my gut is telling me it's Tessa. I feel there is a strong chemistry between them and she is more of a challenge (Aquarius men really like to be the pursuers). She is calmer and more emotionally together than Bevin. I will get a better idea after viewing my tape, but Bevin seems to have a lot of baggage and react more emotionally to everything. Tessa is logical, analytical, and is trying to see where Andy is in his head/heart in regard to her. Andy, himself, has said he analyzes things perhaps too much, but it is his nature. He may come to the conclusion that Bevin is too high maintenance in an emotional sense and that is not what he is looking for. He wants a girl who is a pal, who can be his friend, who understands when he gets wrapped up in other things and doesn't have to be reassured all the time because of her insecurity. Tessa fills that bill better than Bevin, if it comes down to those two. I think Bevin's insecurity and emotional overreactions may eventually turn him off to her.