Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *WHY* will Andy choose the final Bachelorette(S)?

Re: *WHY* will Andy choose the final Bachelorette(S)?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2347527;
    In defense of Bevin: Andy thinks she is a nerd like him. Like recognizes like. And that is besides the passion (okay lust) between them. Yes, they do have the so far unresolved issue of her previous marriage, but that will be hashed out on the fantasy date luau.

Andy has stated that he had strong feelings for both the final two. I can see him choosing Tessa, despite her needing time to grow into the relationship; and I can see him choosing Bevin, because the groundwork has been laid for them to get better and better.
    Has he said that specifically about the FINAL two or just "two" of them. In order to propose surely he'd know whom he was going to choose before the F2 dates, thus he could have chosen the non-winning F2 person for a variety of reasons. If he hadn't PROPOSED and btw the F1 ACCEPTED then I would feel more strongly that the other F2 would be his second choice.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2347602;
    Has he said that specifically about the FINAL two or just "two" of them. In order to propose surely he'd know whom he was going to choose before the F2 dates, thus he could have chosen the non-winning F2 person for a variety of reasons. If he hadn't PROPOSED and btw the F1 ACCEPTED then I would feel more strongly that the other F2 would be his second choice.
    Forgive my assumption. When I heard two I thought he would be referring to the last two girls. Because of time constraint, I think he does take his two "favorites" to the F2. He is conflicted (chasing Tessa) (attraction for Bevin) and needs to sort it all out. One of those two is going to be very hurt; and while I'd prefer not to witness the pain, it is part of the process - and he believes in the process.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2347624;
    Forgive my assumption. When I heard two I thought he would be referring to the last two girls. Because of time constraint, I think he does take his two "favorites" to the F2. He is conflicted (chasing Tessa) (attraction for Bevin) and needs to sort it all out. One of those two is going to be very hurt; and while I'd prefer not to witness the pain, it is part of the process - and he believes in the process.
    Frankly, imo, I don't think he's necessarilyconflicted at all. He may absolutely suspect that Bevin is lust --he talked about electricity, isn't that what lust is? He certainly seemed concerned about keeping Tessa, he seems to be barely restraining panic when T talks about going home and immediately picks her first. Bevin and Tessa are POLAR opposites I can't see him think that he's in love with both of them, imo.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2347527;
    In defense of Bevin: Andy thinks she is a nerd like him. Like recognizes like. And that is besides the passion (okay lust) between them. Yes, they do have the so far unresolved issue of her previous marriage, but that will be hashed out on the fantasy date luau.

Andy has stated that he had strong feelings for both the final two. I can see him choosing Tessa, despite her needing time to grow into the relationship; and I can see him choosing Bevin, because the groundwork has been laid for them to get better and better.
    Ariel, well said, I just said in a page to someone that I was going to stay out of this (discussion) because I am totally convinced that Andy will believe he's falling for Tessa (and seriously, I love the girl, she's got it together in so many ways, plus, her reluctance is an appealing challenge to Andy). I'm going to wait and see how the next week's date goes and her hometown date, which I think is w/ the reluctant parents). The most telling thing I heard Andy say to Tessa that would make me 'consider' her as the F1 was the very end of their 1/1 time at the party when he hugged her and murmoered 'Tessa, Tessa'! very intimate and heartfelt.
    However, I, too am one of the few who totally am seeing through the edit and believe that Bevin is his F1, true love, "Baby"!! (ok, dodging darts and daggers now!! )
    What I loved about Bev and Andy's 1/1 time in Tahoe, was not just how anxious he seemed to hear her answer about where she would be in a year, but the most intimate moment that said the most to me was in the elevator when Andy told Bevin, "You are my santuary!".. to me that was huge!! No only does he think about her when he's not w/ her but calling her his 'santuary' goes way beyond a phyical attraction.
    If Andy said the real love story began this week, I think both Bevin and Tessa's love story could be considered. Both came into the forefront in a big way in their time w/ Andy and I'm going to watch carefully how the edit will be changing for both of them in the next few episodes.
    I'm willing to change my mind and say Tessa's his final girl, but for now, I see beyond the edited whining emphasis and strong physical attraction to a deep relationship developing between Andy and Bevin.
    Ok, now, that I've gotten that out of my system, I'll go back to my quiet mode for this season and watch and see if I'm correct!

This is a PS to girlsmomconcerning your comment:
    What Andy said is "It was very hard coming down to the end... my heart was getting pulled in numerous directions. I was feeling love towards a number of [the women]," said Baldwin. "That will come out. I really had to reach down into my heart and see who I have the deepest connection with, and I'm sure that will be hard for her to see, but I've been up front and talked with her about that. She's such an amazing person, she really understands that."

Now, I can see how many would think that the comment about 'will be hard for her to see" could definitely apply to Tessa. She doesn't like the competition w/ the other women, BUT I can really see that applying to Bevin as well, because she's been so honest about how insecure she's felt about her stand w/ Andy and with feeling jealous of his time with the others. (Honestly, Tessa has said basicly the same thing in past episodes, but who can blame either one for feeling insecure in a process like this, especially where Andy is being forced to guard his true feelings).
    All I can say to all the fans watching, is to be very suspicious of the edit and the shift, things aren't always what we see, but what "they" want us to see!! Nuff said, I'm just sayin'!
    Last edited by cafegirl; 04-24-2007 at 01:11 PM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Here's what concerns me about Tessa being the one:

Last night she told him that:
    *she could tell that other women had much stronger feelings for him (i.e., she likes him, but that's it)
    *she moves a lot slower than this (meaning the fast pace of the show)

I see that Tessa would absolutely be TRUE to HERSELF at all times. Since we know Andy and his intended are engaged, based on what Tessa said, I can't see her ACCEPTING this fast--even if she DID fall in love in the following two or three weeks after Tahoe.

It's possible that they fell in love, but would she do something like that that is totally "Not her" by her own admission? Maybe she would, but I don't think it points to her winning.
    Ain't Love Grand!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2347729;
    However, I, too am one of the few who totally am seeing through the edit and believe that Bevin is his F1, true love, "Baby"!! (ok, dodging darts and daggers now!! )
    What I loved about Bev and Andy's 1/1 time in Tahoe, was not just how anxious he seemed to hear her answer about where she would be in a year, but the most intimate moment that said the most to me was in the elevator when Andy told Bevin, "You are my santuary!".. to me that was huge!! No only does he think about her when he's not w/ her but calling her his 'santuary' goes way beyond a phyical attraction.
    Cafegirl - I've floated a kayak to carry Bevin supporters to the finish line. I know you are neutral (as I am trying to be at this time) but, darn - she needs some help in this race to the rose.

Everyone is welcome aboard...help with the paddling.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2347762;
    Cafegirl - I've floated a kayak to carry Bevin supporters to the finish line. I know you are neutral (as I am trying to be at this time) but, darn - she needs some help in this race to the rose.

I'm on board of the kayak. . .
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

This is only my second post, so bear with me!

I have lurked on these boards for years, but have never felt compelled to post until this season. As you can tell by my avatar, I am on the "Tessa Train". I'll admit that my first instinct was to like her just because she lives in San Francisco (my hometown), but as the season progressed, she emerged as someone to truly root for. I believe she is falling for Andy and she may be a little guarded because it's all happening so fast.

The talk at last night's RC really showed me that she likes Andy, but she may think that other girls are already in "love" (or what they think is love) with him. She's not sure if that's what he wants or what he is looking for. She tells him that it usually takes her longer to process the feelings she had for him outside of this process and she's confused by it. I really think that we’ll see her open up more in the coming episodes.

Here are some reasons why I think Tessa is definitely the one:

- In the “Previously, on the Bachelor” segment from last night, the aircraft carrier date was described as “The most spectacular 2 on 1 date in Bachelor history.”
    We all know Tessa received the rose and a kiss.

- During their talk in the snow he admitted that he was “most calm and at ease with Tessa” and when she expressed her concerns with the process, he “pleaded with her to stick with it”. He can be himself with her and he really wants her to stay.

- When they were talking pre-RC, she really started to open up and tell him how she felt. She took a risk telling him that she didn’t want to get hurt and to not give her a rose if he already knew what he wanted. His response was to tell her that his “heart is completely open and [she is] one of the reasons why”. Plus we got the guitar music!

- He gave her the 1st rose and asked her to “please” accept it. He wanted to prove to her that he was really serious about wanting her to stay and gave her the first rose as reassurance.

- There was an interview where Andy stated “what we are seeing is not what happens or how it goes”. To the casual viewer, the front runner is Bevin. They have an amazing (drink!) physical chemistry, but I think her constant whining and insecurity will make him realize that she’s not the right match. TPTB are pushing Bevin on us and making her look really bad, so in my mind, she can’t be the F1.

- He also said in an interview that “he had a lot of explaining to do”. This also points to Tessa being the one, because of all the “hooking up” with Bevin. I’m sure he’s admitting everything to his F1, but I’m sure it’s still hard to actually see it on TV (especially if it came down to Bevin and Tessa --which it looks like it does).

- Next week, he takes Tessa on the “romantic date of a lifetime”. If they do go to Yamashiro (as speculated on these boards), it’s billed as the most romantic restaurant in LA. Also, Andy said himself that, “Tonight I’m going to show her why she’s here” This is the perfect chance for Andy to tell her how much he likes her and for Tessa to let all of her walls down and let Andy into her heart without reservation. We have also heard that the love story starts to unfold when it’s down to 6. This sounds like the perfect scenario!

We all know how this season ends. I’m sure TPTB are thrilled that they get to tell a real love story that ends with a proposal, so they are going to show it and hopefully not use the sneaky editing tricks they have used in the past. Viewers have been waiting for this love story on the Bachelor for years (I know I have!) And this season, we finally get what we’ve all been waiting for.

Ok, I think I’ve made up for my three years of lurking with that super long post!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2347762;

Ariel, I'm remaining neutral only in the sense of not getting emotionally involved in any girls, but you can definitely hook my Kayah on the small chain who believe Bevin is the final girl!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2347768;
    I'm on board of the kayak. . .
    Is there room for one more?

Maybe its because I like her, but I really don't think her edit is as horrid as some make it out to be, I would probably whine too in that situation. The other girls actually whine just as much as she does, ( we only see what tptb want, for all we know Bevin is the mild one) obviously Bevin is very competative, and the other girls talk about her for getting all the alone time, well they need to step up and get their own, I for one, think Bevin is great, and bologna on "another date with Andy and Bevin" they are just jealous, upset they didnt have the ideas she did. GO JENNIFER hehe

and for the record, I really like Tessa and Danielle, and Amber too, just don't see what I see happening with Bevin.