Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *WHY* will Andy choose the final Bachelorette(S)?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: *WHY* will Andy choose the final Bachelorette(S)?

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2342079;
    You know, in thinking about this, I say that Andy is different than anyone else ever on the show. He's a military guy, he called this "operation soulmate"... IMO Andy went on with the sole purpose of choosing a wife..he is doing an interview with these girls.. he's on a mission and he WILL be successful. He's approaching the whole thing as a mission, from a logical perspective. I think he has a "list" he is looking for in a wife and that's who he will choose. He may fall crazy in lust with someone, but Andy's not looking for a girlfriend or fling, he's looking for a wife, and I think that is never far from his mind. I do believe he'll marry the girl he chooses, because that is part of his mission.

I don't think this is a bad think, it's actually pretty smart on Andy's part. Here's a group of 25 girls, picked with him in mind. It's not like this is a group of ugly or basic girls.. They are beautiful, accomplished, talented, and athletic, so there's no reason to NOT fall in love with the "best pick". I'm sure Andy's thinking, I could fall in love (lust) with ANY of these girls.. I just need to find the one that's the best fit for me, and as a logical guy, he's working off his checklist.
    Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! Great post and I concur!

Andy is one highly motivated and accomplished guy. When he puts his mind to something, he achieves it. He put his mind to falling in love and finding his soulmate during this show, I have no doubt in my mind that is what he did.

Love is a choice, not a feeling.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2342146;

Love is a choice, not a feeling.
    Totally agree.. if you only relied on feelings, 100% of marriages would end in divorce. As it is only 50% end in divorce, which means 1/2 the people out there have it figured out (not to dis those who are divorced).

So does he go with Danielle who appears to be more his soulmate - they seem to connect on these conversations, or does he go with the one who is totally perfect on paper - Tessa, or does he go with the sexual attraction ? If he says he decided on what was right for him - where the spark is, where the comfort level is, I would say Danielle comes to mind. But Tessa has everything in common with Andy - what does everyone else think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2342388;
    If he says he decided on what was right for him - where the spark is, where the comfort level is, I would say Danielle comes to mind. But Tessa has everything in common with Andy - what does everyone else think ?
    I think everyone is projecting too much based on less than five minutes each of on-screen one-on-one interaction. At this point in the last series, everybody strongly believed Jen was going to win based on the screencaps, but Fleiss hadn't given us a shred of real evidence yet (and really never did). If I were Andy, I wouldn't make up my mind based on anything that a viewer could detect on the screen, anyway - it's about instinct and connection. As I see it:
    • Andy had too many roses last week. In general this group is decidedly inferior to the Bachelorettes from the last two seasons.
    • Fleiss in the past has always told a "mid-story"" featuring Bachelorettes who didn't get to the Final Three (remember Agnese, and Sarah B.), and since Bevin, Tessa, and Danielle are being featured so early, I'll bet at least one of them doesn't go that far. Bevin is my leading candidate for a sudden meltdown. I think conservative-straight-arrow Andy and hippie-vegan Bevin are a very poor match anyway.
    • I seem to recall that last season, people were convinced that some of the screencaps were from a Fantasy date and they turned out to be from a Week 5 date, so the sleuthing isn't fool-proof.
    • Amber and Stephanie W., are flying way below the Fleiss radar - there is a good chance one of them could end up in the F2 - most likely Stephanie.
    • Stephanie T., Nicole, and Kate are too silly to go any further, and it's a testimonial to how poor the previous candidates were that they are still on the show at all.
    And we can also guess that after seeing Andy on screen, Andrew Firestone called up ABC and asked for his facial expressions back.

Ummm, I think he wants that perfect combo of very maternal and smokin' hot. Good luck with all of that. His chemistry with Bevin is pretty obvious. Someone who has been living independently since age 15 cannot have been parented in a traditional fashion. Andy's background is pretty traditional to my knowledge. I think he will seek the same thing for his own kids.

Danielle seems very loving, patient, and nurturing. I don't think we have seen much of her physical chemistry with Andy. I can see her being supportive. I am not sure we will see the story unfold as being fated to fall in love again. We kind of waited for the Grace Kelly thing to go on last season, and it didn't really happen that way. The show does not seem to go that deep.

Tessa seems well suited to him athletically and she is beautiful too. I think how they click romantically will have a lot to do with it.

Guess I'm not contributing any really new ideas, but that's how I see it so far.

I agree that Tessa seems well suited to Andy athletically, but then Danielle could be, also. We only see so much of the show that Fleiss wants us to. I also think in terms of beauty, Danielle has them all beat. She's a classic beauty, IMO. If he and Danielle mesh as well as what we've seen of them together when they have their talks, then I think a lot has been hidden.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2342529;
    I think everyone is projecting too much based on less than five minutes each of on-screen one-on-one interaction.

Don't take away their fun, Randal.
    This is a show that encourages projection. I predict, in fact, that this season will build to a grand finale in which the emotional investment of viewers will be The.Most.Dramatic.Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2342079;
    You know, in thinking about this, I say that Andy is different than anyone else ever on the show. He's a military guy, he called this "operation soulmate"... IMO Andy went on with the sole purpose of choosing a wife..he is doing an interview with these girls.. he's on a mission and he WILL be successful. He's approaching the whole thing as a mission, from a logical perspective. I think he has a "list" he is looking for in a wife and that's who he will choose. He may fall crazy in lust with someone, but Andy's not looking for a girlfriend or fling, he's looking for a wife, and I think that is never far from his mind. I do believe he'll marry the girl he chooses, because that is part of his mission.

I don't think this is a bad think, it's actually pretty smart on Andy's part. Here's a group of 25 girls, picked with him in mind. It's not like this is a group of ugly or basic girls.. They are beautiful, accomplished, talented, and athletic, so there's no reason to NOT fall in love with the "best pick". I'm sure Andy's thinking, I could fall in love (lust) with ANY of these girls.. I just need to find the one that's the best fit for me, and as a logical guy, he's working off his checklist.
    I have to say simplechef you're right on the money.

All this talk about him using logic to interview and pick his future wife just makes me think about how they joke on The Soup that he might not really "like the ladies" so much. Therefore, he would have to rely on logic and not his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2342529;
    I think everyone is projecting too much based on less than five minutes each of on-screen one-on-one interaction. At this point in the last series, everybody strongly believed Jen was going to win based on the screencaps, but Fleiss hadn't given us a shred of real evidence yet (and really never did). If I were Andy, I wouldn't make up my mind based on anything that a viewer could detect on the screen, anyway - it's about instinct and connection. As I see it:
    • Andy had too many roses last week. In general this group is decidedly inferior to the Bachelorettes from the last two seasons.
    • Fleiss in the past has always told a "mid-story"" featuring Bachelorettes who didn't get to the Final Three (remember Agnese, and Sarah B.), and since Bevin, Tessa, and Danielle are being featured so early, I'll bet at least one of them doesn't go that far. Bevin is my leading candidate for a sudden meltdown. I think conservative-straight-arrow Andy and hippie-vegan Bevin are a very poor match anyway.
    • I seem to recall that last season, people were convinced that some of the screencaps were from a Fantasy date and they turned out to be from a Week 5 date, so the sleuthing isn't fool-proof.
    • Amber and Stephanie W., are flying way below the Fleiss radar - there is a good chance one of them could end up in the F2 - most likely Stephanie.
    • Stephanie T., Nicole, and Kate are too silly to go any further, and it's a testimonial to how poor the previous candidates were that they are still on the show at all.
    And we can also guess that after seeing Andy on screen, Andrew Firestone called up ABC and asked for his facial expressions back.
    great post, Randall, you hidden jewel you!!..we always tend to forget the "mid-story" girls, who you swear will go to the end and by the the end you've practically forgotten them cause they've been eliminated and someone else has come to the forefront. I think this year there are ALOT of "mid-story" girls and this has been the perfect way to hide "the one". I for one am keeping an eye on steph kansas and amber just for this reason.
    Spin master in training