Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girls' Myspace Pages - Bachelor 10 **SPOILERS**

Re: The Girls' Myspace Pages - Bachelor 10

Okay, I signed in.
    Sounds like she could have read the FoRT or the alphabet board ... as Tina has posted about reading comments that she is demure, shy, insecure, subserviant (sp?) -- and, basically, "judging the book by its cover" (or ethnicity, in this case).

After reading about the organization she's involved with (Students for International Change, which provides health care and AIDS testing in Tanzania), as well as her blogs, you can tell Tina is intelligent, caring, socially and globally conscious, mature. Quite the package -- and a package to which Andy would obviously be attracted.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2325636;
    After reading about the organization she's involved with (Students for International Change, which provides health care and AIDS testing in Tanzania), as well as her blogs, you can tell Tina is intelligent, caring, socially and globally conscious, mature. Quite the package -- and a package to which Andy would obviously be attracted.
    I think so too. They seem like they would make a great and altruistic team.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

There's a new blog posted on Tina's Myspace today:

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More myths and truths
    Current mood: shocked

Myths
    I can't balance family and career: My long term boyfriends love my beliefs, vision, and ability to multitask. I want kids someday and am willing to compromise and sacrifice, as my significant other should as well. Isn't that what marriage is about? Love and compromise?

I chase after white guys: I don't really chase after guys, let alone specifically white guys. None of the girls on the show generally do.

I'm needy: This is not bragging, these are facts: I have spent over 9 months in Sub-Saharan Africa. I have backpacked in Kenya and Tanzania by myself. I backpacked East Asia with 2 other girls. I went to the Dominican Republic to work an orphanage by myself. Most guys are a way more needy compared to me.

I'm ashamed of my education: I love being a student. Yes, I'm getting and MD/MBA but those are just letters. The only assumption you can make is that I'm probably in debt $150,000.

Truths
    For all the people out there that say, "She lives in LA, has she never seen the pier before?" "She sounds so fake, it's like her lines were scripted." Think about itů. This is TV, folks.

(Again, not being insecure) I'm not more or less intelligent than the other girls on the show. The other girls were brilliant, fun, and adventurous. Erin, especially. I learned so much from her. People make assumptions about her because of her looks. It's easier to convince America about my noggin than hers but she's brilliant. Intelligence comes in many forms. I may be book smart and street smart, but I can't tell you the first thing about violins or art canvases.

I'm a mediocre athlete. What am I supposed to say on TV when they ask me about my athletic abilities? I'm a superstar? Synonym of mediocre = average. I'd say that was an accurate assessment, not cutting myself down. I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa, but so have a lot of non-athletic people. I was part of the 20/20 basketball club in high school. I only played when we were 20 up or 20 down.

I'm super sarcastic. Sarcasm doesn't play well on TV. I say quite often that "I'm top heavy." Or "My back hurts because of my big boobs." It's funny. Sarcastic obviously. I was kidding when I said I don't want 4 girls rubbing mud all over my future husband.

Stupid stuff comes out of my mouth all the time, especially when I'm drinking. It's just in real life, I can say "Wait, that came out wrong."

All the shots of me where I look totally awkward and weirded out by the entire situation, I was.

I am evaluated constantly by my attendings, residents, and other doctors for my work ethics, patient interactions, fund of knowledge, and history taking. It's the first time in my life that I have ever been evaluated publicly on my looks. It's funny how people in America feel like they know me after a total of 5 minutes of clips from 2 weeks of filming.

I'm off to the Cayman Islands tonight.
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

Thanks for sharing the blog. That's a really pretty pic of her at myspace.

These girls are so public in their reaction to the commentary on the boards. I thought there were restrictions on their public statements (and myspace is public). Kate spews her anger. Tina defends herself. Interesting.

Tina - amazing young woman. I guess we could say that about most of these women - if we knew them ...
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

On Tina's myspace, instead of having 'gay' or 'straight' for Orientation... she has 'not sure'. Poor Tina, I feel like she isn't the type of girl who should have been on the Bachelor.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2326347;
    There's a new blog posted on Tina's Myspace tI'm not more or less intelligent than the other girls on the show. The other girls were brilliant, fun, and adventurous. Erin, especially. I learned so much from her. People make assumptions about her because of her looks. It's easier to convince America about my noggin than hers but she's brilliant. Intelligence comes in many forms. I may be book smart and street smart, but I can't tell you the first thing about violins or art canvases.
    Isn't it nice to see her defend Erin - wonder what conversations she had that we aren't privvy to - too bad.

I'm sure what we see of each of these girls on tv is a one dimensional cut out of who they really are (if that) after Fleiss and team have given them their character in this season's drama.
    However, I just don't understand. Especially when young people are so tuned into culture and media --do they think this happens just to the "other people on reality tv"--and it won't happen to them too? (the misrepresentation and distortion of their true person)
    Anyway, Tina, in my own mind you came across as a very sane, beautiful and intelligent woman. One, I would be proud to say was my own family. I'm sure you will chalk this up as a lesson in life and will move on. I thought you were great!
    Last edited by KashatheDiva; 04-12-2007 at 07:49 AM.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2326435;
    On Tina's myspace, instead of having 'gay' or 'straight' for Orientation... she has 'not sure'. Poor Tina, I feel like she isn't the type of girl who should have been on the Bachelor.
    Unless Tina was being sarcastic that would seem to be a possible deal breaker with Andy. I'm not being critical in the least, I'd just think that it would be risky for a guy looking for his life's partner. I think that Tina, along with most of the girls are far more capable and adventurous than we'll ever know. I really believe her when she said that most of them never have to chase a guy, the guys are chasing them!

To Kasha's point: Honestly, I no longer have a lot of tolerance for the shock of the one-dimensional (mis)representations. Setting the record straight is great, complaining about how they got their 15 minutes is silly and shows delusion. If they're smart they'll stay away from the boards, it's just asking for trouble, lol.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 04-12-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2324630;
    Has anyone found Danielle's myspace page? I looked up Danielle Imwalle on myspace and a myspace page came up with her name. The girl is 25 and from Connecticut but I have a hard time believing the pic is her. Anyone think it's her or another Danielle Imwalle? Here is the myspace~

Danielle
    I agree that if I saw that picture anywhere else, I would never think it's Danielle... But it could be her, maybe 2 or 3 years ago... And we are not looking for a name like "Katie Ross" or "Anna White"... I just don't believe that there is more than one 25-year-old "Danielle Imwalle" in Connecticut, and probably not even anywhere else