Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can PLo keep both and choose later?

  1. #1
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Can PLo keep both and choose later?

    We have had precedence for the bachelor to keep the F2 saying that he was not ready to choose. I believe this was Charlie's season. My feeling is that with PLo saying that he fell in love with more than one woman and now in the latest promo saying that he kept going back and forth between two girls . ..
    Why not let him continue to date both, give them each a ring and later have him pick when he's sure. What the show wants is a successful relationship and maybe at the time of the ceremony he just wasn't ready to eliminate one for good. I do think by now that he's chosen. What do you think?

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey intheblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2154441;
    We have had precedence for the bachelor to keep the F2 saying that he was not ready to choose. I believe this was Charlie's season. My feeling is that with PLo saying that he fell in love with more than one woman and now in the latest promo saying that he kept going back and forth between two girls . ..
    Why not let him continue to date both, give them each a ring and later have him pick when he's sure. What the show wants is a successful relationship and maybe at the time of the ceremony he just wasn't ready to eliminate one for good. I do think by now that he's chosen. What do you think?

    I sure think it would make the final two happier given what they are hearing from him about his choice.
    Get it in the real world. Get Sadie in the real world,get Jen in the real world. Hell if you can give out diamond earrings then two rings is not bad either. Seems Lorenzo family paid for one so why not ABC pic up the other tab. LOL

    I actually liked the way they did Charlies. Remember SB had some issues too & stalled out. Charlie needed to get her to the real woprld to know where she stood. SB's morals were very intact also. In fact in many instances Sadie is quite a bit like SB. SB loved a good time, made great friends etc & came from a strong Christian family but Charlie went for it.

    Sadie is definatley another SB to me.

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey psucashcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania ...Is it Spring yet?
    Posts
    2,039
    If I had to bet whether or not Lorenzo was allowed to date both women, I would say no, just because Fleiss hasn't publicized the fact. And that is definitely something that is newsworthy and a ratings magnet.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

  4. #4
    FORT Newbie pennythoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    27
    I've always wondered about this. Have there been any bachelors that have contacted girls at a later date that weren't F1? Is it stipulated in their contract that they can't?

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey intheblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by pennythoughts;2154797;
    I've always wondered about this. Have there been any bachelors that have contacted girls at a later date that weren't F1? Is it stipulated in their contract that they can't?
    That can't be a life time ban but possibly a year or at least till the show is over.

  6. #6
    ABC Cheats Viewers! Zinnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by pennythoughts;2154797;
    I've always wondered about this. Have there been any bachelors that have contacted girls at a later date that weren't F1? Is it stipulated in their contract that they can't?
    The only ones contractually prohibited from seeing one another outside of the show were on For Love Or Money. (And then only the ones who took the money.)

    On The Bachelor, there is somewhat of a sorority/fraternity about the show and it's cast. Bob was a guest at Trista's wedding. Andrew has seen Tina Fab (socially). And there was Alex & Trista, or at least a rumor. Many of the bachelorettes stay in touch with each other. Many are listed on each others MySpace.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2154794;
    If I had to bet whether or not Lorenzo was allowed to date both women, I would say no, just because Fleiss hasn't publicized the fact. And that is definitely something that is newsworthy and a ratings magnet.

    psucashcow I can't remember, How was it publicized in the past?

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey Snapit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,979
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2154993;
    psucashcow I can't remember, How was it publicized in the past?
    Ahh....I'm not psucashcow....but I remember Charlies season well. It was the second to last show and Chris had both girls meet Charlie somewhere (it was like a dock outside) and told them that Charlie would not be picking now. they would continue to date.

    then we had the final show "LIVE" where he made his announcement.

    I don't know if it was given away in the previews prior. but that is how the general viewing public found out.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

  9. #9
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,196
    Not this time. There were hints in the previews prior to the WTA during Charlie's season, then the previews after the show - so the audience was not surprised by what happened. There was also a strong hint during the WTA when both girls sent their greetings from a location that was not Aruba. Fleiss then hyped (through Chris) the LIVE aspect of the final show and told us why. That hasn't happened this time - no hints, no hype, no extended double date.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.