Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alternate explanations for the ring picture - speculation.

I still think BOTH girls tried the ring on that we have seen in the picture of Lo placing the ring on the finger. It only makes sense..if his mom designed the ring for either girl, then they'd both try it on. So who really knows if the finger in the pic we've seen is the winner's finger?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2134752;
    Krege that your sweetheart for thinking just the way I thought when I read this. It is the man that is most important. Ring second and a ring design by a mother in law let me know that I am welcome into the family.

Thank you!

Besides all that......its traditional for the man to present the ring, and for it to be done in some romatic surprising way. The ring is only a symbol of their love being pledged to one another. In my opinion, way too much emphasis is placed on the actual ring these days.....it smacks of "keeping up wih the Jones" .

It is only in recent years that many couples shop for the ring together, but no matter how many explanations I hear for this phenom.....I don't "get it".....certainly no romance or surprise in shopping together. As for having to "wear it the rest of your life" being a valid explanation......once again the emphasis seems to be on the ring and not the man. Additionally, people used to start off with what they could afford, and then receive bigger and supposedly better rings as the years go on and they could afford more....these days the women have the guys going into debt for the ring!
    Makes no sense to me....

A quick personal story......my son want to get engage a year ago....he was so excited and asked me to help him plan a wonderful proposal. We spoke with the owners of the most prestigous and historical restaurant in our area, and they agree to give us a dinner plate.....we planned to have it handpainted by an artist out west and then have the restaurant serve her dinner on it. As she ate, she would discover the "proposal" and then he would present her with the ring..............WELL, she turned out to be someone who was adamant about going to pick out her own engagement ring, so it ruin all my sons plans......I felt so sorry for him, as he really put a lot of effort into trying to make the proposal something memorable!.......In the end, she picked out a ridicously priced ring (for a middle class guy with 3 kids), but naturally he bought whatever would make her happy (how could a guys so no for heaven's sake).........Ultimately, the wedding never took place and he was left with a $6,000 bill..........

On a happier note........my second hubby proposed to me with a ring I didn't like at all, and I wondered why he choose something that didn't match my personality.......But, the day of our wedding I got the surprise of my life at the altar.....We had a themed 30's wedding, with the reception at a local museum, and when it came time for the minister to bless the rings.....it wasn't my ring.....He had bought me a simple 30's antique pearl and ruby ring....not the traditional diamond, but I loved that ring 'cause he had put soooooo much thought into it......it was so romantic.

Okay......back to the show....lol!!!

Just feel something this special should be chosen together, but to each his own. As I said, my husband and I did, and I wouldn't have done it any other way. We had a wonderful time being together looking at all the beautiful rings. It's not emphasis on the ring itself, its emphasis on the fact you're selecting something as special as this should be.......together. I didn't want to select it myself, and he surely didnt want to choose a ring of his own taste. So by having an idea of what I liked, Yes..it still was a surprise. He didn't go in debt for my ring, either..which is another plus.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2135370;
    Come on guys, it's obvious.

If you look at the film closely, you'll see that the pedestal moves back, and to the left. Go frame by frame. Back. And to the left. It's very obvious that if there was just one ring, the pedestal would have had to move forward and slightly to the right.

Also, in one shot, it is apparent there is some commotion at the FRC near the stairwell, thus indicating that Chris suddenly hears something coming from that direction - the same direction from which the ring must have come to cause the pedastal to move back and to the left.

Therefore, this proves that there are multiple rings. Simple as that.
    So the pedestal "moves" and there's a commotion? Wow, that's good news actually! Maybe it's Erica crashing the happy ceremony, coming to claim her one and only true prince!!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Now that would make for entertainment..

ms Froggy that would be fun to watch

So - where is the footage?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2135940;
    So the pedestal "moves" and there's a commotion? Wow, that's good news actually! Maybe it's Erica crashing the happy ceremony, coming to claim her one and only true prince!!
    I just KNEW it... there really is a HIDDEN bachelorette..... hidden in the bathtub, hidden in the bushes, hidden on the balcony and now coming out of the stonework (no wood around it seems.) is Princess Socialite... step aside 'commoner bitches'... a real princess has come to claim her prince!!: (whether he wants her or NOT!! )
    Now that's a real fairy tale......... according to Fleiss!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2135977;
    I just KNEW it... there really is a HIDDEN bachelorette..... hidden in the bathtub, hidden in the bushes, hidden on the balcony and now coming out of the stonework (no wood around it seems.) is Princess Socialite... step aside 'commoner bitches'... a real princess has come to claim her prince!!: (whether he wants her or NOT!! )
    Now that's a real fairy tale......... according to Fleiss!!
    I do believe you're right. Larry must be pining for Erica because in that sauna pic with Jenn, there's just no heat. I mean, there is heat, of course there is heat from the coals and such, but there's just no steam. Not that kind of steam, the other one. The one that isn't there. So, this means that Larry just wants Erica back, I'm convinced now.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2135994;
    I do believe you're right. Larry must be pining for Erica because in that sauna pic with Jenn, there's just no heat. I mean, there is heat, of course there is heat from the coals and such, but there's just no steam. Not that kind of steam, the other one. The one that isn't there. So, this means that Larry just wants Erica back, I'm convinced now.
    Froggy, I think you're right.. lookie here, I just happened to find a hidden UNEDITED screencap in the non existant Bachelor screencap vault!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"