Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alternate explanations for the ring picture - speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaspy;2134841;
    but the bachelors never pick out the ring w/their chosen one- the girls look at rings- try them on and the bachelor goes and looks at rings but not together- maybe they should be giving promise rings or cocktail rings- instead of an actual engagement ring that usually does not lead to an actual engagement.
    I know in this instance...the bachelor never picks out the ring. This is all part of the show. Im talking about for us people outside of reality tv..
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2134584;
    As for this show, I am sure the designing of the ring was part of the original contract with Lorenzo.....I'm equally as sure that if he really fell in love during the course of this show, he would collaborate with his Mother in the designing of the ring.
    That's why I'm cynical about this whole ring business. It's not that I don't want the fairy tale ending, I just think that these are real people and any engagement IS premature and would be for show. This ring would be more of an exclusive dating ring, imo. Of course: PLo seems well aware that he's in a SHOW so maybe, as long as he knew that the girl was on board, he'd be willing to put on a show of getting engaged. I don't know these people, but it couldn't be the same as a REAL engagement.

I think the point here in this situation is< the way it looks at least--this ring is not being picked out for ONE SPECIAL GIRL.
    It's being specially picked out for 2. Now how special does that make any one feel? Especially, when you hear some of the comments that later came out in interviews? "I actually fell in love with more than one girl" "I made my mind up 2 hrs before"
    I say OUCH. I so HOPE this is only the way things appear and not the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2134867;
    I think the point here in this situation is< the way it looks at least--this ring is not being picked out for ONE SPECIAL GIRL.
    It's being specially picked out for 2. Now how special does that make any one feel? Especially, when you hear some of the comments that later came out in interviews? "I actually fell in love with more than one girl" "I made my mind up 2 hrs before"
    I say OUCH. I so HOPE this is only the way things appear and not the way they are.

You said it so well KashatheDiva That is exactly what makes me cringe. The biggest disappointment would be to have a proposal and not feel that in fact the "fiancee" was the favorite for quite a while. How awful to commit to a girl after going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" at least sleep on it overnight. Hopefully by the time that all is said and done we will see a REAL love story, not a farce like Travis.

Just my point...if this ring isn't chosen for any one particular lady, then the whole romance issue of this show is lost. It's like a "one ring fits all"..choice.
    Where's the romance in that?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2134867;
    if the ring was designed and made for the FRC- it was actually not even picked out for 2- they must've done it much earlier in the series -possibly even before it ever started.

They probably didn't have any 'royal heirlooms' to give the chosen one- so they're playing up the 'prince' thing by having his mother design the ring. But its the Borghese who are nobility so actually his mom married into royalty.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaspy;2134898;
    if the ring was designed and made for the FRC- it was actually not even picked out for 2- they must've done it much earlier in the series -possibly even before it ever started.

They probably didn't have any 'royal heirlooms' to give the chosen one- so they're playing up the 'prince' thing by having his mother design the ring. But its the Borghese who are nobility so actually his mom married into royalty.
    His mom did not marry into royalty. The Borgheses are not 'royals'. This sort of 'nobility' does not have the same meaning as those associated with the royals of Sweden, Spain, Britain even the former Russia.

Yeah, the girl he'll marry will assume the title 'Princess' ... but it's just a title _ maybe a little fairy-tale sounding, nonetheless, pretty much the same as the common prefix 'Mrs.'. The Borgheses or other privileged families carry the titles out of courtesy-respect to the authorities who bestowed it. Besides, it's a huge part of their heritage _ of who they are.

Now as regards giving out their heirlooms, hmmm ... i doubt they would or will. I doubt they will dignify this 'Fleiss' inspired love-match with this kind of 'gift'. Of course, if the coupling prove to be truly a real love-match, i bet Lorenzo will present his intended with a meaningful ring.

Come on guys, it's obvious.

If you look at the film closely, you'll see that the pedestal moves back, and to the left. Go frame by frame. Back. And to the left. It's very obvious that if there was just one ring, the pedestal would have had to move forward and slightly to the right.

Also, in one shot, it is apparent there is some commotion at the FRC near the stairwell, thus indicating that Chris suddenly hears something coming from that direction - the same direction from which the ring must have come to cause the pedastal to move back and to the left.

Therefore, this proves that there are multiple rings. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2135370;

If you look at the film closely, you'll see that the pedestal moves back, and to the left. Go frame by frame. Back. And to the left. It's very obvious that if there was just one ring, the pedestal would have had to move forward and slightly to the right.

Also, in one shot, it is apparent there is some commotion at the FRC near the stairwell, thus indicating that Chris suddenly hears something coming from that direction - the same direction from which the ring must have come to cause the pedastal to move back and to the left.

What footage are you referring to. We've only been shown one little snippet of Lorenzo standing alone and the fingers. No background, no commotion. What are you seeing that we aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2135370;

Wow now there is some editing