Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alternate explanations for the ring picture - speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2133434;
    Amanda helping to design the ring is a perfect set up for it to be faked this year. How would it be explained other years? The girls have always picked out their own rings in the past, which would have made it difficult to fake. This year the ring will be shown off in advance and of course. there will have to be a model and some guy will have to put it on her finger. However, I'm keeping an open mind, it may be legitimate.

The statement she helps to design. Who knows if he hadn't a certain idea what he wants his future wife to wear and ask his mom for help to design it. He might want something that noone else he has seem had. Have faith that this was thought out and plan and that the man upstairs does know best and pushes Lorenzo in the right direction. As we all say no new is good news where we have not heard anything from him, and the design might have been his idea. Just have faith. Yes the formers season went out the door but maybe just maybe this season is different
    Last edited by bugsme3; 11-08-2006 at 04:03 PM.

JMO but ugggh how disturbing that situation is to me.
    I would not want my engagement ring to be designed by my mother in law to be and she could be the greatest person in the world!
    I just think it's extremely impersonal --like let's make a deal --what's behind the curtain! Very unromantic. Very unfairytale like imo
    I don't agree. I think is was meant to be more of a family heirloom. A ring designed by his mother to give his choice shows she supports his decision whatever that may be.

IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2133447;
    JMO but ugggh how disturbing that situation is to me.
    I would not want my engagement ring to be designed by my mother in law to be and she could be the greatest person in the world!
    I just think it's extremely impersonal --like let's make a deal --what's behind the curtain! Very unromantic. Very unfairytale like imo. :nono
    I wouldnt want my engagement ring designed by mom-in-law, either..and I think the world of mine. It would mean SO MUCH MORE to have the fiance and myself pick it out together.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2133516;
    I wouldnt want my engagement ring designed by mom-in-law, either..and I think the world of mine. It would mean SO MUCH MORE to have the fiance and myself pick it out together.
    My hubby picked mine out (35 yrs ago) and its beautiful he was wonderful taste. I think if the guy is giving it he should pick out his own gift!

I disagree....

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2133516;

I would never want to pick the ring out.......Not only would I want to be surprised, I also wouldn't want any pressure placed on the guy to buy something he really couldn't afford.......like, if I saw something I liked but wasn't in his price range.

Additionally, I've had 2 mother-in-laws in my lifetime, and I would have loved a ring designed by either of them......they would have done a fantastic job!

Aside from all that......it is the MAN who is important, not the ring, so I wouldn't care a flying flip what the ring looked like anyway.

As for this show, I am sure the designing of the ring was part of the original contract with Lorenzo.....I'm equally as sure that if he really fell in love during the course of this show, he would collaborate with his Mother in the designing of the ring.

Krege that your sweetheart for thinking just the way I thought when I read this. It is the man that is most important. Ring second and a ring design by a mother in law let me know that I am welcome into the family.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2134752;
    Krege that your sweetheart for thinking just the way I thought when I read this. It is the man that is most important. Ring second and a ring design by a mother in law let me know that I am welcome into the family.
    Well said Kresge and Bugs!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2134584;
    I would never want to pick the ring out.......Not only would I want to be surprised, I also wouldn't want any pressure placed on the guy to buy something he really couldn't afford.......like, if I saw something I liked but wasn't in his price range.

Additionally, I've had 2 mother-in-laws in my lifetime, and I would have loved a ring designed by either of them......they would have done a fantastic job!

Aside from all that......it is the MAN who is important, not the ring, so I wouldn't care a flying flip what the ring looked like anyway.

As for this show, I am sure the designing of the ring was part of the original contract with Lorenzo.....I'm equally as sure that if he really fell in love during the course of this show, he would collaborate with his Mother in the designing of the ring.
    I just think picking out the ring together (with your fiance) is the part that makes the whole ring selection process intimate. I think the world of my mom in law, but I dont feel choosing my engagement ring is her obligation/duty. She would never ever want to choose my ring, anyway. I would want my ring to be chosen by the man I loved..and that makes his ring choice all that more special. It is the MAN that's important here, yes..I agree..but you consider you wear this ring the rest of your life, so it should be something in your own taste, or a ring chosen in taste together with your fiance. My husband and I looked at rings together, and I showed him what I liked, and then he surprised me by selecting the ring that was my favorite.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 11-09-2006 at 09:48 AM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2134837;
    I just think picking out the ring together (with your fiance) is the part that makes the whole ring selection process intimate. I think the world of my mom in law, but I dont feel choosing my engagement ring is her obligation/duty. I would want my ring to be chosen by the man I loved..and that makes his ring choice all that more special. It is the MAN that's important here, yes..I agree..but you consider you wear this ring the rest of your life, so it should be something in your own taste, or a ring chosen in taste together with your fiance. JMO.
    but the bachelors never pick out the ring w/their chosen one- the girls look at rings- try them on and the bachelor goes and looks at rings but not together- maybe they should be giving promise rings or cocktail rings- instead of an actual engagement ring that usually does not lead to an actual engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2134837;
    I just think picking out the ring together (with your fiance) is the part that makes the whole ring selection process intimate. I think the world of my mom in law, but I dont feel choosing my engagement ring is her obligation/duty. She would never ever want to choose my ring, anyway. I would want my ring to be chosen by the man I loved..and that makes his ring choice all that more special. It is the MAN that's important here, yes..I agree..but you consider you wear this ring the rest of your life, so it should be something in your own taste, or a ring chosen in taste together with your fiance. JMO.
    I believe that if the man is mature enough to ask a woman to marry him. He should be able to make his own choice. JMO