Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alternate explanations for the ring picture - speculation.

I'de really like to agree with you about the hands, but I just don't think the producers would bother.
    I think the hands are there to tell the general public that this time there is going to be a ring put on someone's finger.
    : wallbang
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

What if he chooses Lisa and she turns him down :nono because one of the production guys really IS READY to get married

So they have to chase after the limo - call it back again - and then Jenn gets the ring

Sadie finds the fantasy suite too tramatic and leaves on her own before the rose ceremony

Everybody wins
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2130316;
    What if he chooses Lisa and she turns him down :nono because one of the production guys really IS READY to get married

So they have to chase after the limo - call it back again - and then Jenn gets the ring

Sadie finds the fantasy suite too tramatic and leaves on her own before the rose ceremony

Everybody wins
    Now that's a show I'd love to see!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

o.k. look at it from this angle. We know that the ring had to have been made before any proposal was planned. So. . .what would the producers have done with (what I immagine had to have been a) comissioned ring if there were no proposal? I can only assume that it would have cost the show money to have the ring made. How do they justify that expense if there is no proposal???

My answer: to use it to make us think there's a proposal. Any other answers?

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2130501;
    o.k. look at it from this angle. We know that the ring had to have been made before any proposal was planned. So. . .what would the producers have done with (what I immagine had to have been a) comissioned ring if there were no proposal? I can only assume that it would have cost the show money to have the ring made. How do they justify that expense if there is no proposal???

My answer: to use it to make us think there's a proposal. Any other answers?
    Nahhhh
    Remember the ring was designed by one of the Bourghese companies. It probably is not owned by ABC.
    The company eats the cost as a marketing/publicity expense and they sell it on HSN for way more than the original cost of production.
    the advertising and exposure they are getting from Lorz being on the show far exceeds any expense.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2130537;
    Nahhhh
    Remember the ring was designed by one of the Bourghese companies. It probably is not owned by ABC.
    The company eats the cost as a marketing/publicity expense and they sell it on HSN for way more than the original cost of production.
    the advertising and exposure they are getting from Lorz being on the show far exceeds any expense.
    Huh?As far as I saw the Amanda Borghesse assisted in the design of the ring. I don't have a pipeline to the family, but I've never heard of anything related to jewelry design that the family does. Amanda has designed packaging, etc. for the products on HSN, but never anything like this. I don't buy that a Borghesse COMPANY produced the ring. Amanda likes design and FLEISS wanted to promote the idea that PLo's mom absolutely believed that the chosen one was his soulmate.
    Maybe the ring is really being put on the "winners" finger, but it is in my mind at least as likely not. He's never promoted a non-event before??
    Imagine that I'm correct by no proposal, what's FLEISS going to do? Present it honestly or use the ring to promote a non-event? I think we all know the answer to that. We'll see, but I don't understand the thinking that oh FLEISS would NEVER mess around with faking this? huh? We know the ring has been produced and therefore will be shown, right? It will be promoted as "who gets this ring esp. designed by PLO's MOTHER. yada, yada. . . . This opens up other opportunities than in past seasons when the ring was picked out by the girl, etc.

We can agree to disagree, but why on earth wouldn't Fleiss exploit this? He's the king of exploitation. He chops up scenes, transplants voiceovers to suit his purposes, etc. . . . why not use the ring to make people think there's an engagement. Reasonable minds differ, but on what grounds would we think that he wouldn't do this? I think the ring is flawed enough that we can't consider it as evidence. jmo
    Last edited by girlsmom; 11-06-2006 at 08:29 AM.

FORT Regular

mom

So has anyone looked at Plo's mom's hands?
    I really don't think the ring video looks like someone just trying on the ring, but it's something to do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by savannah jane;2130804;
    So has anyone looked at Plo's mom's hands?
    I really don't think the ring video looks like someone just trying on the ring, but it's something to do for now.

No stills that I've seen of Amanda's hands, although on HSN I've seen her hands all the time and they look great for her age. Amanda usually wears colored nail polish though. She just finished her visit on HSN, so maybe somebody got it on tape? It would also be no surprise to have PLo's only sister show up and she could very likely be the ring wearer. (my favorite theory, )

Has anybody taken the time to compare Lisa's hand? Do we have some good pictures of her hands. She has some long fingers also. I remember that shot of her in the wedding dress, putting her finger on her nose. Do we have other shots?

I know everyone has excluded her out, but I think an analysis needs to be done. I personally don't have footage or pictures so I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by FLgirl;2130984;
    Has anybody taken the time to compare Lisa's hand? Do we have some good pictures of her hands. She has some long fingers also. I remember that shot of her in the wedding dress, putting her finger on her nose. Do we have other shots?

I know everyone has excluded her out, but I think an analysis needs to be done. I personally don't have footage or pictures so I can't.
    Yes her fingers are completely wrong. They were posted was back in the beginning of the debate.