Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate explanations for the ring picture - speculation.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2128170;
    The girls may be asked jewelry (ring) sizes and clothing sizes during their application process, they may already know what size these women are. Amazingly when they go to the jewelers, the rings all fit - so I think they already know ahead of time the women's ring sizes.
    Even so... PLo said he was still agonizing over his decision 2 hours before... If this were taken literally then he wouldn't have had time to get that ring sized before the FRC...

The only other way it could work out EASILY is if Jen's finger is a size 6 then that is the standard size of a ring. I would imagine that Sadie's finger is more like a size 4 (mine is a 3.75), so she'd have to have it sized down and indeed it could change the scope/shape of the ring design. I know that we had to alter my ring design because it wouldn't fit onmy finger.

On a side note, one benefit to a small finger like mine, is that my ring looks HUGE . No one ever believes my ring is only a total of .75 carats. My finger is so small it make the ring/diamond look much larger... Is there any way we can figure out the carat weight of the diamond in the photos???? That might give us an idea of whose hand it is...

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    I do think there is something fishy about the whole ring thing...

I got the impression that on the Ellen show, Lorenzo meant that he couldn't decide two hours before the FRC if he wanted to propose to THE ONE he knew was the one from as early as the fantasy dates.

If he couldn't decide who he would choose 2 hours before the FRC, then whoever he did eventually choose, well let's just say, I don't think they will feel the way they did at the FRC!!!!!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I still think that Lorenzo was joking about the 2 hour statement, thus his saying "Honestly, ...." in the next statement. He is known for his dry sense of humor on the talk shows.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2128416;
    I still think that Lorenzo was joking about the 2 hour statement, thus his saying "Honestly, ...." in the next statement. He is known for his dry sense of humor on the talk shows.
    I'm with you, Blondie, Lor has a wonderful dry, sarcastic sense of humor (like mine which w/ I like him so much ). When I rewatched the interview several times today, I agree.. he is saying he decided who he picked 2 hrs before the end.... but his tone even when he tells Ellen he's in love, is very light. I just don't hear the angst of a lover reliving his most perplexing decision, nor sincerely proclaiming TRUE Love..... To me, it's most likely True LIKE and he did struggle w/ how to let down F2 because he cares for both, but I'd say he's more in lust/like w/ F1 (whom I've been convinced is Giggly Jenn).
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2128416;

That's EXACTLY what I think!!!
    I think everyone is making too big a deal out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2128363;
    I still think it is at the FRC, given the background we see. (red drapes). But I truly believe the picture was flipped, making it a "promise ring".
    And yes, I still think it is Sadie's hand.
    I know that that had been discussed and eliminate, I think because PLo is right handed and he'd have to be left handed in order that to work. Am I correct about this?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2128383;
    A promise ring, otherwise known as the I-don't-want-to-marry-you-now-or-ever ring, is a possibility.
    I don't have any alternate explanations about the preview segment dealing with the ring, but I just wanted to say that I REALLY want them to start calling it by this exact name! HA!

BTW, I noticed the other day that they're totally hitting everyone over the head with 'the ring' thing. Has anyone else noticed that in the preview/commercial that lead into each episode during the last segment of Wife Swap - The O in 'The Bachelor' is a ring.

Oh, Fleiss. What happened to you??

Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    A promise ring, otherwise known as the I-don't-want-to-marry-you-now-or-ever ring, is a possibility

a friend of ours called the one he bought 'a shut up ring' - they're divorced now....lol

BTW, I noticed the other day that they're totally hitting everyone over the head with 'the ring' thing. Has anyone else noticed that in the preview/commercial that lead into each episode during the last segment of Wife Swap - The O in 'The Bachelor' is a ring. 'posted by Secret'

hasn't it always been a ring?
    Last edited by mamaspy; 11-04-2006 at 08:03 AM. Reason: to clarify quote

Quote Originally Posted by mamaspy;2128856;
    hasn't it always been a ring?
    I honestly can't remember. But with this I noticed because not only is it a ring, they also have it shimmer so it catches your eye - you know, kind of like the ring in Lord of the Rings.