Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alternate explanations for the ring picture - speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;2136752;
    Snerk.

That is exactly what I'm thinking COULD have happened. He keeps saying he loved TWO women. Was it decided if the ring was placed on the right or the left hand? I went to bed before the flipping issue was settled.

Mamaspy: Sorry I have a headache. So what are your conclusions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2141288;
    That is exactly what I'm thinking COULD have happened. He keeps saying he loved TWO women. Was it decided if the ring was placed on the right or the left hand? I went to bed before the flipping issue was settled.

Mamaspy: Sorry I have a headache. So what are your conclusions? Thanks
    I think it IS Jen's hand- they flipped it to look like it was the right hand because we're shown Sadie standing on the left with a big smile- so we're being led to think it is Sadie.

However- I think its still the same hands as originally-(which appear to be Jen) but they reshot it to show the ring better- the reason I think this is because HER thumb is not as visible in the video and more hidden by his other hand holding hers- which I did not notice in the first video.

they could 've shot the darn scene several times with the couple for the best camera angles.

I'd like it to be Sadie- but I think we're being steered that way- although Jen got the best date edit- he never had the thoughtful look on his face like w/ Lisa and Sadie.

I thougth PLo looked far more into Sadie than Jen. Jen was great fun to hang out with for the day and pretty, but a blank slate. He has connected with Sadie, she's the total package. Something's not right with the rings.
    If he picked Jen it's because shed' be easier to just date and then dump. Sorry, I don't see this great physical connection with Jen at all. Last night there date was pitiful. No real conversation. It was edited to make it look like it was so deep because it ended with her sayign that she was ready for marriage and children. Jen is nice and beautiful, but nothing extradordinary for a man of PLo's age. In a few years she'll be more mature, but not yet.

It's all in the eyes. Jen =Matt in Meredith's season. The words were there and the actions were there, but not the depth. That was Ian's. I see more of this depth and investment with Sadie on PLo's part. Because they are not super demonstrative this is easier to miss. I was stunned that Jen's date wasn't better.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2141317;
    I thougth PLo looked far more into Sadie than Jen. Jen was great fun to hang out with for the day and pretty, but a blank slate. He has connected with Sadie, she's the total package. Something's not right with the rings.
    If he picked Jen it's because shed' be easier to just date and then dump. Sorry, I don't see this great physical connection with Jen at all. Last night there date was pitiful. No real conversation. It was edited to make it look like it was so deep because it ended with her sayign that she was ready for marriage and children. Jen is nice and beautiful, but nothing extradordinary for a man of PLo's age. In a few years she'll be more mature, but not yet.

It's all in the eyes. Jen =Matt in Meredith's season. The words were there and the actions were there, but not the depth. That was Ian's. I see more of this depth and investment with Sadie on PLo's part. Because they are not super demonstrative this is easier to miss. I was stunned that Jen's date wasn't better.

hmmmm- well I thought I saw more w/ Jen last nite- and I thought Lor was more distant w/ Sadie. plus they started out the dates with Lorenzo professing all the things he LOVES about Jen. Maybe its those darn editors again trying to mislead us- or maybe trying finally show us the romance they've been hiding all season. The big stuffed Simon/Fred at the park, (wasn't that original? you'd think she'd call it Larry or something !!)

maybe its cause of that darn ring pic and trying to steel myself against feeling Sadie's pain if she gets rejected.

Opinions are far more interesting then the show. People think and believe what they want. I try to get into the head of the lead person to figure it out. With Travis, it was easy, Moana was too much for him, he wasn't the type to go out on a limb. He went safe/easy/dull. Meredith was easy too. Her personality showed at the Tell-All, with all those rejects, she was cold. She didn't have an ounce of sympathy or could acknowlege hurt feelings. I knew Matt couldn't be her type, he was too nice for her. I can't think of any final rose ceremonies that shocked me besides Alex, but I think he chose the one he slept with. With Trista's show, the rumors came out early that she was seen with Charlie and was pregnant, and everyone ran with that as the gospel, but it was clear as day when she truly fell for Ryan and Charlie became an after thought. Lorenzo has me a little stumped. My instincts say it will be Jen, because men don't generally become celibate at his ripe age. To me, it's alot to ask of him to wait for marriage and Jen just seems more fun and easy going. I'm purely going on the sex issue, because I think it is a big, big deal.

I agree critter that we have different perceptions. The generic compliments that PLo gave Jen in the opening meant nothing to me. How about how he kept saying How EAGER he was to see Sadie? How about the luke warm comment that Jen made about being happier to see PLo than she thought? Say what??? What insightful mating of the souls has taken place with Jen? The conversations are so elementary. He asked BOTH Lisa nd Jen if they'd move to NYC, so he obviously would ask Sadie, but we didn't see that did we? It's in the eyes. Sadie challenges and fascinates him. She share his spirit of adventure and commitment to her goals. Jen is so much less formed in comparison. She had NOTHING to say last night that had any kind of substance whatsoever. I also expected to see a hot date with Jen and it was NO WHERE to be seen. No where, imo.

Girlsmom, I disagree with the moving issues.

I think he asks Jenn about moving because she is so close with her family, yet at loose ends, and He really wants to know if she would move. For some people that is a big deal to move away from home.

With Lisa, he doesn't care if she will move to New York, because he says he is not moving to Portland like her other boyfriends. He doesn't really care if she will move, because he is not asking her to do so.

With Sadie, I think they didn't discuss it, because it was hard enough to get her to spend some time alone with him without the cameras - and I think _my opinion only - he had already decided she wasn't the one he wanted in New York.

I believe that he knew the girl he was choosing in the end (to fulfill his Bachelor obligation) after the hometown dates. The Fantasy dates firmly cemented his decision. But he only decided at the very end that he might have found "The One."

So my alternate ring theory is this: Lorz mother designed the ring for him to use should he find "His One True Love." His regret is for someone he cares for very much and has no way to soften the hurt. And the ring goes solidly unwaveringly on the girl standing on the right side wearing the black dress.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Very well said Jelle.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2142432;
    Very well said Jelle.

I do believe that i second that ,very well said Jelle.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2128383;
    A promise ring, otherwise known as the I-don't-want-to-marry-you-now-or-ever ring, is a possibility. Why on earth would he propose to someone with whom he's only had about 3 or 4 fake TV "dates"? He'll shut her up with a medium sized and priced diamond, which will be her payment for walking away quietly when the "relationship" is over. She can hawk it later on eBay and buy herself something nice with the money.

MsFroggy: You are such a cynic, albeit a funny cynic!! . . and I absolutely agree with you. Why on earth would some supposedly intelligent man propose to someone he hardly knows on national TV and profess to being in love knowing what will probably happen soon thereafter just to satisfy a ratings crazy TV producer. Unless, of course, he really is in love (there is always that very slim chance).