Page 396 of 401 FirstFirst ... 296346386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401 LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4007

Thread: The Bachelor Rome, Part 2, Spoilers, Speculation, and Screencaps **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2137959;
    I think the reason that many people think that it is definite that Jen is the winner is because they have watched every season of the bachelor and on every season, there is a certain edit for the final girl, and it seems to stay the same throughout each season. This season, some people see that edit for Jen and not Sadie. That is what I think anyway. I could be wrong.
    As a huge follower of the edit I will say that this year's edit has been more confusing than previous years. It goes back and forth between Jen and Sadie. I personally think there's more depth with Sadie and the physical would be easier to hide, but is still there in the eyes.
    The important point of the edit is they are both getting a winning edit. I disagree that Sadie's is being pushed too strongly , I think both of them are being equally pushed. Jen: I'd move to New York Sadie: "he's mine" They never miss an opportunity to show Jen and PLo in a lip lock and down play that w/ Sadie. They also played up Sadie's jumping and someone who checked says that when she walked into her family's house they edited the tape and replayed her jumping. This edit would be meant to make us think that she's less mature than she is.
    So, I disagree that both aren't getting edited pretty evenly.

Great Recap Bugsme!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2138270;
    As a huge follower of the edit I will say that this year's edit has been more confusing than previous years. It goes back and forth between Jen and Sadie. I personally think there's more depth with Sadie and the physical would be easier to hide, but is still there in the eyes.
    The important point of the edit is they are both getting a winning edit. I disagree that Sadie's is being pushed too strongly , I think both of them are being equally pushed. Jen: I'd move to New York Sadie: "he's mine" They never miss an opportunity to show Jen and PLo in a lip lock and down play that w/ Sadie. They also played up Sadie's jumping and someone who checked says that when she walked into her family's house they edited the tape and replayed her jumping. This edit would be meant to make us think that she's less mature than she is.
    So, I disagree that both aren't getting edited pretty evenly.
    Great Points girlsmom! I agree, this year's edit is totally confusing!!!
    But this is where people tend to agree and disagree, and that is the way it should be, it keeps everyone on their toes!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2138157;
    If the majority of the women voted for Sadie, then I would think that it would be one more vote for Sadie, unless it's one of those deals where they were told to vote for Sadie to confuse the public.
    We have never had any indication that this has been the case, have we? This tells me that Sadie is a person that others are drawn to, this does not necessarily mean that PLo chooses her. I think he does, but people are puzzle pieces are choose that person who is uniquely suited to them, if they're wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2138269;
    They've done it every season, Nutty. I've watched all of them, though admittedly I missed some episodes due to moves and pre-empted broadcasts by the military channels. They always lead the audience to believe that one girl will be picked to a certain point, then they show you something that leads you to hope that the other person will really end up being the one chosen - but they leave you in suspense until the first limo pulls up at the FRC.
    I have watched every season except #1 also. And I realize they do that, but why oh why?? Why not edit the winner to be the one we love??! At least sometimes. They should mix things up so the winner doesn't always get the same edit!

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2138279;
    I have watched every season except #1 also. And I realize they do that, but why oh why?? Why not edit the winner to be the one we love??! At least sometimes. They should mix things up so the winner doesn't always get the same edit!
    I couldn't agree more! The only reason I think Fleiss continues to do it the same way is so that the final one will be a surprise reveal at the end. I would love a new format/formula - but it probably wouldn't make for as interesting a show. It would be hard to still show all the others involved if they put the majority of the focus on the F1 and the bach/ette in order to show more of their love story.
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

But why cant he edit them to both have their benefits and detriments? And actually show us two fledgling relationships actually develop from the time from the fantasy dates on. Ok - maybe there wont be a shock as to who goes home for F3. But then there are several more hours of show to edit. Let us see actual conversations! It cant be that hard. They did it with meredith and most of the country thought Matt would win. Those of us who watched closely and sleuthed knew the truth of her love story with Ian, but showing enough of the truth didnt ruin the surprise for most. And there is always the surprise of will he propose? We, of course, assume the girl will say yes. I'd love it if one would say - not so fast cutie pie. I think we should date in the real world first. Ha.
    I will watch the upcoming episodes specifically to see if we get ANY conversations/interactions that are not diced and fleissed (now that I am convinced of who will win.)

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2138233;
    I have a question --
    L picked Sadie first at the last rc. If Lisa is let go after the fantasy dates - leaving Sadie and Jen - then wouldn't he pick Jen (the way the show ususally goes - to keep up the drama...) first at the rc after the fantasy dates - and then go back to Sadie for the winner. I have thought all along that it is Jen - others have enumerated the reasons so I won't repeat but the question I have is - is it possible that Sadie leaves after the fantasy dates and we won't be shocked bec of something that happens on the fantasy dates - perhaps she doesn't return after she leaves the table - whatever I don't know. But that would allow for L to pick Lisa first after the fantasy dates (we all see her for what she is but maybe she persuades him that she is really in this etc etc) and then Jen could be the winner. ????
    I am 99.9% sure Lisa leaves after the fantasy dates.

I went back to some of the old ABC websites and found the rose order. I couldn't find Aaron, Byron or Meredith's seasons, but I did find Alex, Andrew, Bob, Jesse, Charlie, Jen and Travis's seasons.

The only ones that followed the every other rose theory were Bob and Jesse. I don't necessarily think Lorenzo will follow the every other rose theory this season.

Alex: Shannon, Shannon, Trista, Amanda

Andrew: Tina, Kirsten, Jen, Jen

Bob: Kelly Jo, Estella, Kelly Jo, Estella

Jesse: Tara, Jessica B, Tara, Jessica B

Charlie: Kim, Sarah B, Sarah B, Sarah B

Jen: Ryan, John Paul, John Paul, Jerry (then she dumps him on national TV)

Travis: Sarah B, Susan, Moana, Sarah S

Lorenzo: Lisa, Sadie, (Jen, Jen, my predictions for the next two episodes)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2138035;
    Sounds right, but its been pretty much confirmed by someone who attended tonight's taping that Lisa is out come Monday.....supposedly "we will NOT be surprised"....That combined with with the producers saying Desiree would like this weeks episode, combines for bye bye "timeline".
    I would not readily count her out! :nono If Lorenzo is who I read he is, there's something in the next episode that would clue us in on where the wind is exactly blowing! Yeah, we will not be surprised of who goes per those who went to WTA but these people made that statement after the fact .... They are commenting from a new perspective ... from their experience after watching the whole episode! I have seen the preview for this Monday episode and the editing seems to point to Sadie's parting. Maybe, it's insane to still think that way but it will be fun to disprove why my gut feeling tells me so. I admit I am partial to Lisa but I am trying to look at every episode objectively _ trying to read the 'supposed' storyline for every 'chapter' or episode ... surely Fleiss with all his sinister and conniving ways still believe in injecting coherence in the way he is telling the story. Lorenzo isn't exactly the 'you see is what it is' type of person. He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve ... and he's a gentleman and, according to his mom, a compassionate person .... He doesn't want to hurt but he does react when pushed like when he said to Jen's Dad "I am not here to ask your daughter's hand in marriage" .... We will not be surprised why he picked who he would pick in the episode after we see this episode .... My money's on Lisa still in the picture! Is she going to be the F1, we will know after this Monday's episode.

I am of the opinion that Fleiss is not a great storyteller but it's kind of difficult to run a story from situations and characters you have no prior information. If you are trying to second guess one's 'leaning' on the basis of where the character is reacting ... it can get messy. With Travis, I believe, they were caught off guard. My friend told me he would choose Moana ... he based his opinion on his being a 'guy who would know because he knows how most men think' ... and me?... I thought, he would go for Sarah even though I didn't sense a chemistry and he did. With Bachelorette Jen, she rejected both ... and back then I had trouble figuring who she would choose. She was leaning towards Jerry but after the hometown date ... and the meeting with her parents, I sensed a Jenny totally perplexed even hurting. The ending vexed me but it was consistent with how she was behaving towards the end. A 'Jen' would not choose a 'Jerry' to replace an 'Andrew' ... it was not that Jerry was less comparatively ... but a 'Jen' given her dilemma with the Andrew experience would want someone in the same plane as she was... JP was just someone to take to the Final RC.

Anyway, I am hoping I will not be surprised .... I am hoping that this series however ill-conceived and ridiculous it is would try to make sense.

Second try - first one didn't get posted...

Thanks, Jennie, for doing all that research on the order of the rose ceremonies. I am impressed ! From the second episode I have seen more chemistry betw L and Jen - the stuff betw Sadie and L seems very scripted to me. I hope I have more reassurance after Monday's show or it's going to be another long 2 weeks !