Thread: The Bachelor Rome, Part 2, Spoilers, Speculation, and Screencaps **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2138032;
    Dreamers site
    Those aren't pics put out by ABC. They are screen shots taken of the preview. You can take as many or as few as you want. They are not indicators of screen time.

Bright did a count of actual screen time a few pages back that shows how much each person was on the show as it aired.

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2138014;
    Great Post. MsFroggy! Very entertaining/enlightening.. I think you nailed it by the way.
    Of course! Remember, whatever "it" is going to be... I saw it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2138019;
    You know - Lisa may turn out to be a stalker or Gina may declare him father of her babies or Ellen may demand a recount or Jami and Erica may be the featured attraction in the boxing ring on one of the dates. The candles could catch the house on fire - or they might just all go out His Mother might declare him illegitimate, Jenn's father might shoot someone, perhaps the chosen one will hate the ring and turn it down ...
    Who knows what amazing and wonder-ful thing we might see in the next few weeks ...... So hang in there we might be surprised or awed

Did I say I wasn't going to watch? It'll just be harder to come up with more synonyms for "cutesy".

Since both sets of F2 parents will be in attendance to be duly embarrassed and properly humiliated according to Fleiss' finale script, there's no telling what kind of fun might ensue. However, Jenn's daddy - or should I call her Pepsi? - probably won't be allowed to bring his shotgun collection to the cocktail party due to silly airline rules against deadly weapons being transported across borders and such. I bet he was miffed about losing his "negotiating" advantage.

I think if anyone should demand a recount, or maybe even a re-vote, it should be Agnese. I'm telling you, with the proper campaign she could overtake the house.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I think if anyone should demand a recount, or maybe even a re-vote, it should be Agnese. I'm telling you, with the proper campaign she could overtake the house.
    I stand duly corrected - and in full agreement
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

*sigh* If the spoiler hint is true, then the only woman of the three with any interesting character depth is gone. Plain Vanilla shakes, anyone?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal;2138036;
    Those aren't pics put out by ABC. They are screen shots taken of the preview. You can take as many or as few as you want. They are not indicators of screen time.

Bright did a count of actual screen time a few pages back that shows how much each person was on the show as it aired.
    The pics are from the preview of the Fantasy dates which means the next RC. Someone posted earlier that the woman who gets the most camera time in the preview is the next one to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2137985;
    The F1 edit doesn't go back and forth, it follows a specific pattern that is not dependant on chemistry or personal traits/characteristics. It's about how much the person is seen or focused on throughout the series. The person this season getting the F1 edit is Jen - it's been the case since the first episode.

As far as the hand pics - the only thing they were conclusive of for me, was ruling out Sadie. Her hands are completely wrong to be the one in that picture. Watch very carefully the show - NOT the caps. Watch the show and look at her hands very carefully and you'll see that her middle finger and ring finger can't match the hand in the ring shot. They're not straight and her nails are wrong. I didn't catch it from the caps, I caught it from watching my tapes.
    Ditto. The tapes themselves are the convincing evidence for the "Pepsi" Jenneration Team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2138051;
    The pics are from the preview of the Fantasy dates which means the next RC. Someone posted earlier that the woman who gets the most camera time in the preview is the next one to go.
    I've never heard that but I went back to the commercial and timed it.

Lisa - 1.23 seconds
    Jen - 1.49 seconds
    Sadie - 2.14 seconds

I really think it is the most intriguing sound bites make the commercial. Whatever will get the most viewers.

or did you mean from the preview shown after the last episode. I'll go check that and get back in a minute.

I think the screentime clue was meant to be whoever got the most screentime in the show, ended up roseless. Not on the previews, and certainly not the screencaps. Fleiss' formula is to hide the winner, the stealth bachelorette, who gets less screentime than her competition until the Finale, when she takes the lead. (Of course Mary was the exception.)
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

I went back and timed the preview from the last episode

Lisa - 15.9 seconds
    Sadie - 14.73 seconds
    Jen - 7.01 seconds

I wonder if it would apply to other seasons. I don't have any of them on tape to verify if this has always been the case. Easy way to guess F3 if it is true.

Looks like poor Lisa is a goner and Larry gets his choice of either blonde, perky and nauseatingly cutesy behind door #1 or blonde, perky and nauseatingly cutesy behind door #2. *Yawn*. Gee, which one is Larry going to pick? That's a tough choice there for our faux prince, considering his romantic history and his apparent inability to commit to either a better haircut or a sane, reality TV free life. I'm sure Erica would say it's like picking between Coke and Pepsi, Reese's Cups and Reese's Pieces or a red M&M and a green M&M. One big double vanilla milkshake with a cherry on top. Literally
    Laffing with my tooooooo early cup of coffee.

In the past seasons, I rarely if ever, analyzed the editing. I know it is key to how the story unfolds and keep in my mind it's a lure.
    I try to factor that in along with something that can not be hidden--the protagonists communication skills both verbal and nonverbal. No matter how you edit, you can not edit all of that out or you have nothing but chop chop chop. No emotion either physically or emotionally.

That being said: Almost every time I have heard PLo speak whether in a an interview, or on the show--he communicates with dry,quick jest, bordering on sarcastic humour. It's meant almost like parlay--at tennis game. "OK---I hit one, now let's see if you can hit back". You see this in his interviews. You see this with the girls. You this with the family visits. I would be interested to see if this came up during TWTA and their spontaneous questions, because it does not appear his humour is panned or rehearsed/scripted.

Except for one time with Jen, the time they are fishing and he calls her fishy girl, and then when saying something to her about her dad being a gun type,I didn't see this interaction at all between the him and Jen. Again, it could be on the cutting room floor! So I will be interested in seeing what unfolds.

What I am saying is: besides seeing a caring family person and an adventerous person, he is a person who uses sarcastic humour to deal with life on many levels. He looked very uncomfortable at dinner with Jen's folks. Almost like he needed heimlich. And if we are looking at emphasis on what is being shown, IMO, this almost over rided the theme on those home visits after Lisa's timeline saga. (the shotgun ultimatum.)

I would think in the next episode something is going to come out quickly with Jen. Otherwise, I can see the editing in this season devoided them of having much depth.

Also, another possibility: wondering if his crying scene will be seen in this week--for the fantasy dates in reference to Lisa's reaction and prespective meltdown. That he did not expect her to freak out as she did, and so cut her knowing he could no longer go on with her plan.
    Last edited by KashatheDiva; 11-12-2006 at 06:54 AM.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.