Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

A.T. is commenting on The Bachelor:Rome

He has done so since Aaron's B2. Check out his comments.
    He picked 12 of 14 who would not go far. Pretty good, without sleuthing!

Main Site: TV-LOVEQUEST Link

Comments Link

Q. Hi, A.T. I was wondering if you were going to comment on this next Bachelor series and also if you had seen a list of the contestants. Any early predictions? Thanks; I really wish you would get involved with the series. (Jane D.)

A. I honestly do not know yet if I will be involved with the Prince and his Italian adventure. Predictions? I will go out on a limb to say I would be surprised if any of the following women made it to the end: Sarah, Sadie, Rosella, Rita, Renee, April, Brit, Claudia, Elyse, Jami, Angela, Meri, Laura, or Heather. Of course I need to see the Lorenzo interactions with these women to be certain, this is just a "gut feeling".
    I have already predicted our Prince will not find everlasting love with any of the bachelorettes. A romantic fling or a friendly acquaintance, perhaps, but nothing permanent will come out of this series.

Q. I wanted to know if you saw the premier of The Bachelor and what was your opinion. We miss your comments! Thanks, Jenn.

A. I believe the fortune-less Prince is a likeable guy who is exploiting his ancestors for financial gains. I am also of the opinion the show, and some of the women chosen, are being choreographed by the producers more than in any other show of the series. The bottom line is this farce will probably lead nowhere: Lorenzo will continue using his family crest to help him sell his glorified pet shampoo, and whoever he chooses will eventually go back to her regular life.
    Penniless members of royalty are somewhat frequent in Europe. I spent two years in Spain, during the 80’s, studying European History, and one of my closest friends was a Spanish Marquees whose grandfather spent the family fortune on horses and failed business ventures. My friend’s father owned a restaurant and paid for his son’s education with student loans. My good friend is currently an Oral Surgeon in Madrid and no, his bussiness cards do not show the family crest.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

zinniaThank you so much for posting this. I thought he was all done with Bachelor and didnt even think to look for it.

Boy, this guy really hasn't done his research, has he? the Borghese may not be royalty in the sense one usually thinks of royalty, but they are not the penniless hanger-ons he imagines. And, doesn't he realize that it is ABC who is hyping the Italian Prince angle. PLo may call his new venture Royal Treatment...etc...but that is a business decision, not the throwing around of a title for free drinks and a meal.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Boy, this guy really hasn't done his research, has he?
    He's just a message board poster, like the rest of us. He uses the "psychologist" label to lend force to his observations, but the posters here on FORT make much more insightful posts than he does. All you need to know is that he's popular among the on the ABC board.

Well, this enjoys him also.

His comments are only from what is shown on the show that week and what he percieves as interactions amongst characters.

I always find his comments interesting and entertaining, and often a bit unusual ... and that is more than you can say for many of the other sites.

AND when the Bachelor ends, his views have often hit the mark. Thank goodness he never expects a everlasting story. And he certainly doesn't bill himself as a great visionary.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Baaahhh! Me too Jelle! Love his writings, and was disappointed that he did not do reports after last season's show nor this season's show, but certainly understand that "getting on with your life" thing.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Seen this guy before. The only thing he's an expert at is hiding behind an internet nickname. Most of his "insights" are no big revelations. During Chuckie's season I read some of his stuff for the first time and had some good laughs... mostly at him, not with him.

He also either can't spell or just doesn't know better:

one of my closest friends was a Spanish Marquees whose grandfather spent the family fortune
    Marquees are things used in advertising as opposed to Marquess which would be a title of nobility.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 10-09-2006 at 02:20 PM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

A.T.'s comment on episode 2

Q. Hi A.T. I wanted to know if you saw last night’s Bachelor episode and your impressions of what transpired. I miss your articles! (Betty)
    A. I couldn’t help watching Lorenzo’s quest and, perhaps excluding one or two, am shocked at the group of women chosen for this series. I confess feeling a little nostalgic remembering Aaron’s group, for example!
    I spent most of the time concentrating on Lorenzo’s body language, when he was in the presence of some of the women, and believe our “Prince” is not impressed with any of them. There are a couple of nice women in the group, but they are not Lorenzo’s “type”, in my opinion, and I find it difficult to believe he will develop deep feelings for either one.
    It is also my personal opinion our “Americanized” Prince has very little of the “Old Europe” inside him, and it shows in certain areas. I saw contempt in his conversations with some of the bachelorettes, even boredom. Lorenzo’s fortune might have been dissolved many generations ago, but his deep-rooted feeling of superiority is still alive and present. Of course the type of women chosen for this particular series are nothing to be excited about; Our good old boy can meet similar women by just taking a walk outside his pet shampoo business or visiting the neighborhood’s “watering hole”. Who needs to fly a completely staged Hollywood production to Italy for this?
    The Bachelor series, in my opinion, is suffering a slow death, thanks mostly to producers with little imagination who stubbornly believe the viewers enjoy these heavily scripted “reality show”, if you can call them that anymore.
    I will admit the one thing I do like about the series, so far, is seeing the ever-beautiful Italian scenery!

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
    It is also my personal opinion our “Americanized” Prince has very little of the “Old Europe” inside him, and it shows in certain areas. I saw contempt in his conversations with some of the bachelorettes, even boredom. Lorenzo’s fortune might have been dissolved many generations ago, but his deep-rooted feeling of superiority is still alive and present. Of course the type of women chosen for this particular series are nothing to be excited about; Our good old boy can meet similar women by just taking a walk outside his pet shampoo business or visiting the neighborhood’s “watering hole”. Who needs to fly a completely staged Hollywood production to Italy for this?
    For once, I agree with him. It's as if Lorenzo already knows this show is going nowhere, at least in terms of its stated premise. As a vehicle for unintentional improvisational comedy, however...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2097234;
    Well, this enjoys him also.
    DITTO

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast