Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

Re: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2453803;
    Andy only has to please Tessa, I agree. Still, his character was fully revealed
    by the way he handled the ending of this show.
    I agree. I also think his true character was revealed. Personally I think A. T. described Andy perfectly.

Back to AT ~ he truly is fascinating to read, and I will miss him. Maybe someone can send him DVD's of future shows to get his perspective.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 07-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2456499;
    This is what I have trouble with. If she is alright with his actions then, to me, she is just as questionable as he is. I agree with A.T. He seem to have nailed it spot on with Andy.
    Tessa and Andy have said it is a show that had to be produced and the edit looks a certain way.

Think of it as acting.

Also remember that Andy did not force himself on anybody that we saw or that we heard. Andy followed each woman's personal acceptable lead from the quiet ones to the more out there and physical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2456529;
    So you are saying that just because Tessa can except Andy and love him and try to build a future with him then she is questionable? Well I guess Ryan is questionable for overlooking Trista supposedly sleeping with Charlie, Mary is questionable for overlooking Byron being passionate with Tanya if I remember her name correctly the same can be said for all the one who tried to make a go of there relationship post the bachelor.. They know that this is a REALITY show, which is edit to the moon so why should any one's character be questionable because they choose to move on and try to make a life together.. I couldn't sleep tonight oh well, I am just getting ready for Big Brother with no sleep.....
    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2456663;
    I said supposedly, but it took nothing away from having to make the show and having a final 2 if one is going to be questionable then all should be...On most of the bachelor season, you have one that the bachelor is supposedly hot and heavy with example Kristen(andrew), Charlie(trista), Bevin(andy) but they all end of choosing the one who they fell in love with in spite of the edit..If someone is going to question Tessa for trying to make a life with Andy, well all the rest are questionable JMO

It is intresting that, it is acceptable for some past couples to make a go of it.

Yet, Tessa and Andy are not given this same acceptance.

Why not?

Both Tessa and Andy have a strong personality, know who they are and what they want in life.

Andy should be given the same respect that other Bachelors and Trista got to make his relationship with Tessa work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2456633;
    Trista and Charlie both said that they were not intimate in this way, and I do not believe that Byron was with Tanya either. Why do I know this stuff?

Back to AT ~ he truly is fascinating to read, and I will miss him. Maybe someone can send him DVD's of future shows to get his perspective.
    Blondie,

I do not know, why would you know this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2456633;
    AT has always been fun to read. Love his humor and he will be missed. BlondieGal, it would be great if he could continue to give his perspective views on all things, not just The Bachelor.

As AT says Andy loves Andy. Guess only time will tell if Andy and Tessa make it and how much AT was on the mark with this season of The Bachelor.

Some more from AT the Angelfire psychologist (he's been busy this summer for someone "retired" from his site):

Q. What’s your opinion on Byron and Mary? Isn’t it strange the wedding keeps getting postponed? (R.S.)

A.It is difficult to ascertain what is at the bottom of their constant postponement of the wedding. I’m guessing here but feel there is something making one of them doubt the success of the relationship when the life-long family and children scenario come into the picture.

Q. A.T., as someone whose opinions I find interesting I would like to know what’s your opinion about buying a 14 yr old a cell-phone to talk to her friend when she’s bored at home. (B.V.)

A. I believe even though it may be super cool to be seen in public with a little plastic phone constantly pressed to your ear or, better still, a portable “Star Trek” apparatus permanently attached to one, it does not contribute much to enhancing knowledge or wisdom. On the contrary, a while ago I almost ran over one happy go lucky teen who carelessly crossed the street while being totally hypnotized by whatever she was listening to on her cell phone.
    I would seriously advise you to try getting her interesting in reading instead of wasting her time memorizing and exchanging text messaging abbreviations with her pals.
    No silly, it is not a joke. Consider it a challenge!

Q. Hi A.T. I love reading your political opinions and wanted to know which one do you believe has the best chances to win the next Presidency, Hillary or Obama. (Rosie H.)

A. To be honest with you, neither. Nevertheless, I personally believe Hillary is much smarter than her hubby, and would have made a better President than Billy.

Q. Out of all the Bachelor series the second one, with Aaron & Helene, is my favorite. Do you think they were ever really in love? (H.V.)

A. I am almost convinced Helene was very disappointed with Aaron after the wine date, where he takes one of the ladies to the cellar. Helene apparently distrusted him, from that point on, perhaps picking up some feelings for him by the final episode.
    I now believe Aaron was only infatuated with Helene’s beauty and one of the reasons he kept her around was to win her over, as a personal challenge. That is probably one of the main reasons why he broke up with her so soon after Helene had accepted his marriage proposal. Of course, we will probably never know for certain.

Q. You said earlier you believe we will not win the war on drugs. I would like to know why you believe this. Thank you. (B.R)

A. The war on drugs undermines our liberties, crowds the prisons, bloats the bureaucracy, invites corruption, incites violence and antagonizes our allies. Moreover, we spend billions on it and lose billions more in uncollected taxes. And for what? For a losing drive to control choices that are not ours to make?
    Americans, of all people, should know, after the prohibition fiasco, that the market will supply any felt demand. It is inevitable. So the question isn’t whether we can win the war on drugs. We’ve already lost, in my opinion. The question is whether we’re going to stop banging our heads against the wall. We already have an army of government employees who make a living from the drug laws and have a rather conflictive interest in claiming both that the drug laws are working and that more money is needed.
    A small group of friend and I were discussing this same topic, a few weeks ago. After much discussion I called over one of my friend’s teenage daughter and, after assuring her immunity from whatever she said, asked her how long it would take her to go and bring back some illegal drugs, if I gave her the money needed. She did not want to answer in the beginning but, after a few calming words, looked at us and said “I could come back in about 30 minutes with practically anything you wanted to buy”. Who is going to step forward and say “we’re winning”?

.Q. Hi A.T. I’ve read your comments ever since you started your site and see a certain disdain for American society. I was wondering if that had anything to do with your family’s decision to move to Europe. I hope you’re brave and honest enough to post this tough question. Thanks, and I wish you the best. (Betty C.)

A. Let me begin by saying my grandfather was a decorated WW II veteran, my father spent 12 years in the military, as an M.D., before going into private practice, and, like them, I served 4 years in the Armed Forces as a Second Lieutenant. I am saying this because I come from a family of individuals who love their country, and I include myself in this group. Having said that, it is my opinion the society of the late 20th century America also happens to be, with minor exceptions, one of the rudest and crudest societies in history, having jubilantly swept most of the etiquette of speech, table, dress, hospitality, regard for fairness, deference to authority, and the relations of male and female and child and elder under the fraying and filthy carpet of politically convenient illusions. With little fear of physical reprisal, after the fall of the Soviet empire, we Americans can be as loud, gross, disrespectful, pushy, and negligent as we please, and our current foreign, and domestic, policy is evident of what I say.
    I’ve always said most individuals confuse liberty with freedom, and I am of the opinion too much of anything is not healthy. Unless we Americans wake up, step back, and begin seeing things in clear black or white, and not so much “gray”, our society will self-destruct in a few more generations. Frankly, nothing I presently see leads me to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, some will say everything is alive and well in our society, I honestly believe those individuals probably have been living “in the mess we’ve created” since birth and do not know any better.
    By the way, thank you for your kind words.

Q. I would like to hear your take on the current problem with immigration. Without the ranting and raving most of us do; is there a practical solution here? (Jane)

A. I do not wish to make my answer extremely long on this topic, since the real causes and problems of our illegal immigration are, in my opinion, too extensive and complicated to fully explain using this limited forum.
    Having said that, I strongly believe we are approaching the issue the wrong way. All we have been doing, much like with the war on drugs, is creating mammoth expenditures for something that is never going to be successful.
    Think of how much money would be saved if the U.S. would simply create a temporary visa for foreign workers and their families. Now go one step further and calculate how much Federal Income Taxes these same people would pay, if they were working legally in this country, and add that total to the Millions of Dollars wasted on trying to build walls in the middle of nowhere. It’s a win-win situation for both sides.
    The problem with my theory is that it is too simple and easy to implement. Simplicity and common sense is something we Americans are allergic to nowadays. We must also take into consideration the number of Americans, and Mexicans, making a huge profit out of illegal immigrants. That, of course, is a totally different issue.
    The bottom line is, much like with illegal drugs, there is too much profiteering going on, on both sides of the border, for the problem to be resolved effectively, and permanently, anytime soon.

Q. Hi A.T., I really miss your comments! I don't know if you're still "here" or not but wanted to know your opinion of the Paris Hilton controversy and specially why are you so negative about everything "Hollywood".

A. Paris is, and always have been, in my opinion, "much to do about nothing". Another wealthy and famous individual whose life is totally meaningless and without purpose. Much worse is the fact we constantly waste out time following and reading about her antics.
    I honestly do not mind the media's infatuation with her, what amazes me is how insensitive we've become about really important things. For example: How many readers know any personal information in reference to the soldiers who have been killed, this week alone, in Iraq? A painfully small group, if any, and yet most Americans know every detail about Paris and her life.
    Is Paris being given special treatment? In my opinion the answer is yes, but I also believe she "morally" DESERVES to be in jail.
    Getting drunk is somewhat of a "fun thing", for most young people, as well as the Hollywood gang. Movies are being produced every day depicting young individuals having a ball while being under the influence of something or other, and yet no one seems to feel any pity for those families who constantly loose loved ones due to drunk drivers.
    It is my personal opinion the entertainment industry could have had a positive influence in American society, and yet they are partly to blame for our sociological decline these past decades.

Q. A.T. Are you aware Andrew Firestone is engaged to his actress girlfriend? What is your opinion of their chances of getting married now?

A. LOL, you folks are a ball to talk to! I know I’ll never hear the end of this, but here it goes:
    Andy might be engaged but chances are still slim, in my book, he will actually go ahead and wed his extremely cute and personable companion.
    Anyway, I’m shocked people actually believe what they read in the news; Geeeez, what’s the matter with you guys!

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Thanks Zinnia. He is always a good read.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Didn't this guy make a pretentious "retirement" announcement sometime back?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Yes he did Froggy. But he just knows that he's so insightful that he cant help himself from continuing to educate us.
    Q. What’s your opinion on Byron and Mary? Isn’t it strange the wedding keeps getting postponed? (R.S.)

A.It is difficult to ascertain what is at the bottom of their constant postponement of the wedding. I’m guessing here but feel there is something making one of them doubt the success of the relationship
    Um, no kidding ,A.T. Brilliant.

But he did have good advice, long ago, about watching with the volume off , so as to focus on body language. He was spot on with that and it certainly helped me vis a vis Andy and Tessa, especially at the restaurant date. I will use that technique again, for the one on one dates this season.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 09-11-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Hey, with "insight" like that his name should be A.T. the Angelfire Duh-Artist. Maybe he can make a pretentious name change announcement... .
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast