Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

Re: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

AT is extremely perceptive and has had excellent sources in past shows. I have corresponded with him in the past, and enjoyed reading his take on the show. I guess time will tell if he is correct or not regarding this current show.

I truly do agree with this statement ~ Someone should tell these ABC producers the once exciting Bachelor Series died a long time ago. All we are being subjected to is merely a heavily scripted soap opera.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2454464;
    AT is extremely perceptive and has had excellent sources in past shows. I have corresponded with him in the past, and enjoyed reading his take on the show. I guess time will tell if he is correct or not regarding this current show.

I truly do agree with this statement ~ Someone should tell these ABC producers the once exciting Bachelor Series died a long time ago. All we are being subjected to is merely a heavily scripted soap opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2454424;
    Well stated luvlady. I've seen that pattern , backs up my opinion", but then it becomes apparent that he's no more and maybe less often correct than anybody else. It's like the astrological advise in the newspaper. We have to ask ourselves just when he has been correct, lol.

He probably has no more of an idea about the true story than we do, and maybe less.

Nutty1: YES what is he insinuating? and How "professional" is this little jab? It doesn't sound like something a true "psychologist" would say. It sounds a lot more like a disgruntled fan. jmo
    Where does this person live.

What if the work on the staff and /or know the psychologist at ABC?

If statements are made before the show airs, he either has some inside info or an opinion.

Some of the statements are general enough so they can be right, no matter what.

Statements like Trista and Ryan not working out or Jen and Andrew working out are very specific so he has been wrong on two counts of specific statements.

As for the working out etc, many said that it is time consuming. We all knew that. Andy needs to find someone that understands this.

Is it any more time conusming then us on the fan boards?

The Bachelors shows were much better years ago with regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2453893;
    No one is squeaky clean, so anything that happens the prediction will become ture.

tallede, intresting about Trista/Ryan. How many more years for it to work.

With a 50%+ divorce rate, any prediction is 50%.

Tessa is satisfied that the ILY to her were sincere. Does anyone really beleive Tessa would accept Andy's proposal if Andy was iffy the day of the proposal. Or if she thought Andy's ILY to Bevin were meant the same intensity the Andy's ILY were meant for her.

Tessa is way to classy for that.

Tesssa knows Andy's heart.

I still like knowing why people think certain ways. Especially if these are his professional opinions, why were they made.

Blondie, excellent tip from A.T. about watching with the sound off. It is much easier to see the real emotions.
    Momlady,
    I love reading your posts. You really seem to have valid points. I was wondering about the squeaky clean comment myself and then you gave it such great perspective when you said that no one has a squeaky clean past and so of course that prediction can come true. Thank you for pointing that out. You have such great insight.

My family and I will soon move to a small coastal town, located in Northern Spain, where I will begin teaching Modern European History at a nearby university, my wife will open a local gourmet coffee shop, and our daughter will begin her first year at a nearby university
    I have always enjoyed AT and I am very glad for him that he is getting this marvelous opportunity.

He based his comments on his knowledge of people and his reading of body language. He didn't look at spoilers or read reviews, it was totally his own perceptions of what was on the TV. As the series deteriorated and became more and more scripted, he became less interested in commenting. However, his comments were often amazingly astute with little information. He hit Lorenzo and Travis right on. His favorite bachelor was Andrew, but he never thought that Andrew would get engaged to his current girlfriend (time will tell on that one). His opinions of Jen/Andrew evolved interestingly.
    He was game for eliminating girls based solely on their profiles as a prediction, and was very often very accurate. :biggrin His comments are totally his own and he does not profess to have inside info - only his own opinions based on experience.
    His comments on all the series are on the website and it is interesting to read the ones that he recapped each episode. Recently, you have to find the comments under readers Q & A. He talks about many interesting things besides The Bachelor.
    Because he has been doing this since the beginning of the series, we have the benefit of one person's comments over time - a single perspective, perhaps evolving. I find it interesting. His disgust with the detioration of the series led him to stop recapping. I will miss his perception - it always gave me pause for thought
    Last edited by jelle; 06-28-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2454690;
    I have always enjoyed AT and I am very glad for him that he is getting this marvelous opportunity.

He based his comments on his knowledge of people and his reading of body language. He didn't look at spoilers or read reviews, it was totally his own perceptions of what was on the TV. As the series deteriorated and became more and more scripted, he became less interested in commenting. However, his comments were often amazingly astute with little information. He hit Lorenzo and Travis right on. His favorite bachelor was Andrew, but he never thought that Andrew would get engaged to his current girlfriend (time will tell on that one). His opinions of Jen/Andrew evolved interestingly.
    He was game for eliminating girls based solely on their profiles as a prediction, and was very often very accurate. :biggrin His comments are totally his own and he does not profess to have inside info - only his own opinions based on experience.
    His comments on all the series are on the website and it is interesting to read the ones that he recapped each episode. Recently, you have to find the comments under readers Q & A. He talks about many interesting things besides The Bachelor.
    Because he has been doing this since the beginning of the series, we have the benefit of one person's comments over time - a single perspective, perhaps evolving. I find it interesting. His disgust with the detioration of the series led him to stop recapping. I will miss his perception - it always gave me pause for thought
    jelle,

Thank you for sharing.

I agree with the change of the Bachelor over the years.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

One more thought..........

I recall reading articles about Andy from those that knew him in the past. There were nurses who had worked with him in San Diego, high school classmates and others. They all said Andy was a good guy, the nurses said he was a nice, kind guy, the high school friends said he was the competitive nerdy guy, head in the books, but a nice guy.

If Andy were not as squeaky clean as A.T. likes to imply, how come we have not heard about that yet? We are the best sleuthers on the net, you'd think we would have scouted out some very disgruntled girlfriends by now, but we've found nothing.

Just saying.........

AT also implied that he didn't watch the show just the last episode. So all of his insight came from the introductions of Andy and the last episode. All the other emotions of Andy, Tessa, Bevin,etc... were missing from his observation. Can he make correct assumptions by seeing this minimal interaction? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2455480;
    One more thought..........

I recall reading articles about Andy from those that knew him in the past. There were nurses who had worked with him in San Diego, high school classmates and others. They all said Andy was a good guy, the nurses said he was a nice, kind guy, the high school friends said he was the competitive nerdy guy, head in the books, but a nice guy.

If Andy were not as squeaky clean as A.T. likes to imply, how come we have not heard about that yet? We are the best sleuthers on the net, you'd think we would have scouted out some very disgruntled girlfriends by now, but we've found nothing.

Just saying.........
    Actually I sleuthed out some of this, but did not post it on this particular board (cannot post links to other sites). Also, there were posters here before the show started that knew Andy and were interesting to talk to. That is why it is a great idea to be at the Fort during the off-Bach season.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 06-29-2007 at 08:51 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2455694;
    Actually I sleuthed out some of this, but did not post it on this particular board (cannot post links to other sites). Also, there were posters here before the show started that knew Andy and were interesting to talk to. That is why it is a great idea to be at the Fort during the off-Bach season.
    I love trying to get as much of the "Big Picture" about the show and every one in it. Not just what we were shown on tv. I am new to message boards and you all have opened up a whole new world to me when it came to watching this show. I actually had to go back and re watch all of the eipisodes because I kept falling asleep and missed so much. So I am just curious, when you say that you had sleuthed out some of this, are you concurring with the other poster or are you saying that you actually did find some info that was not squeaky clean. I'm just confused on how to take your statement. If you did find something that you did not post on this particular board would you mind sharing what you recall. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2455694;
    You definitely have our interest perked up now. Will keep in the fort for the new show.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast